• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children - New gameplay videos.

jiggle

just watched the stream
looked so good and fun as hell

character pop ins were kinda distracting
at least desync had that transition animation

i didn't see them afterward
but will the NPCs you create from dolls roam around town?

thuway

Just watched the stream, but I'm not understanding the game play. What is the goal of the player? Is there a story? Or is this like a next-gen mine craft?

Drencrom

Really stoked for this game, looked really fun and unique from the stream.

Can't wait to mine for mankind and our mothertown!

This looks fucking bananas. I wasn't convinced at all when they announced this at E3/whenever it was, but this has completely changed my perspective. Will most likely order this.

Slowdive

Banned
Just watched the stream, but I'm not understanding the game play. What is the goal of the player? Is there a story? Or is this like a next-gen mine craft?

There's a story:
A disastrous experiment has melted humanity’s consciousness into a dismal mass known as “The Void” – and you, brave clone, must journey into it to recover what’s left to reboot the human race.

Kayant

Hivision are you guys aiming for 60fps? I ask because the twitch stream was 60fps and watching the stream it doesn't seem like it's 30fps in game
Or maybe my eyes are bad :p

Handy Fake

Hard to believe that its coming from the guys that brought us the Pixel Junk Series. It looks so advanced.

I might be off, but I recall them saying Cerny had asked them personally to try utilising the multi-threading capabilities of the PS4?*

*Some, any or all of this may be wrong.

This is the sort of game I could play forever.

HiVision is a star for the way he interacts with us that are interested
EXCITED!!!!!!
in his game. Also being headhunted by Cerny to use all the funky tech in the PS4 is already looking like it's having some amazing results, can't wait for this.
Not just the GPGPU stuff, but it seems to share of a lot Cerny's ideas on the future of networked play.

Keep up the good work Dylan :)
Indeed.

wapplew

Please choose me for alpha, I'll make sure you'll get enough feed back to make the game perfect!

Well, if I don't get it, I'll watch all the streams to death.

vpance

3 bounce indirect lighting, will this be the first game to have that? Such great tech behind this and so early into the gen too.

Wow, Dylan here, that's not what I said at all... gotta love game blogs and their rather magical extrapolation of "facts"!

I have no idea what the exact tech is in Uncharted 4 but I'm pretty sure most graphics programmers are beginning to use variants of this kind of lighting tech (not specifically *our* particular variant) in up coming engines. For example, Unreal announced they were doing something a year or two back but withdrew it (for the time being).

Epic used SVOGI but they removed it and replaced it with LPV (only enabled via hacks) and later they added the Lionhead version of GI. Though someone is creating a UE4 version that has same effects but with no cone tracing. Take a look at his version if you want: https://forums.unrealengine.com/sho...Dynamic-GI-Reflections-AO-Emissive-plugin-AHR

HiVision

3 bounce indirect lighting, will this be the first game to have that? Such great tech behind this and so early into the gen too.

Dylan here again, as far as I know yes, at least in real-time that is. ie. our lighting is entirely dynamic.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I know a lot of emphasis has (rightly so) been placed on the lighting but the motion blur is incredible. I'm a sucker for good motion blur.

HiVision

Our anti-aliasing is pretty good too! (although you really can't tell with a 720p youtube stream, with all the compression artifacts)

Do you know if the field for birthdate for beta has to match whatever PSN has on file for you?

because like many people I don't remember what I put in to my original PSN account, probably rounded it off to 1st of Jan for my year, and Sony support say that birthdate can neither be revealed, nor changed, which leaves me in a bit of a spot.

So I was wondering if the incorrect birthdate would eliminate my account from participating. Or if you can manually add it :) "two". Look a nice three letter one for you.

Shin-Ra

The little green sprouty things inside the gun emplacement are a nice touch.

ibtsMFWVqQZvAr.jpeg

Just finished watching the archived stream. Really interesting stuff.

My mind (also) immediately went to "Virtual Boy!" when he put on his night vision goggles.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Our anti-aliasing is pretty good too! (although you really can't tell with a 720p youtube stream, with all the compression artifacts)

Is it a post process solution?

BTW it's really cool that you're willing to answer all these tech questions here. No dev ever seems to want to comment on them. I love that a unique and quirky title from a small team is pushing tech in a really neat way. It sends a nice message that AAA blockbusters aren't the only ones that want to utilize new tech.

Dylan, please lend your tech to Media Mollecule. Your tech suits very well LBP and the new LBP3 doesn't **** bricks at all on PS4 (only small upgardes). I expected them on PS4 to get results just like yours but sadly I was disappointed :(

Loudninja

I’ve heard you were under special orders from [PS4 system architect] Mark Cerny to make something a little bit different for the new hardware…

Dylan Cuthbert: Right at the start of the project Mark said to us, “I want people like Q-Games and Media Molecule to create new technology – or do things in a different way to how the big AAA studios have had to operate.” Those giant studios have their pipelines, and they just have to get this stuff made. It’s fine, and it usually creates a great looking game, but Mark also wanted something that was a bit different, and that’s what he encouraged us to do right at the start.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...-delves-deeper-weird-wonderful-ps4-exclusive/

Q-Games really did create something special here I think.

demolitio

That's great to hear since that can be a mood killer in my opinion.

Looks unreal. Can't wait for this one.

That makes all of this even more remarkable. A request to make something unique and different and what we get is something that seems to deliver just that. Sony has to be pleased with it so far.

Game4life

Banned
Dylan, please lend your tech to Media Mollecule. Your tech suits very well LBP and the new LBP3 doesn't **** bricks at all on PS4 (only small upgardes). I expected them on PS4 to get results just like yours but sadly I was disappointed :(

LBP3 is not being made by MM.

LBP3 is being made by Sumo Digital with assistance from SCEE XDEV. MM is working on a new IP and a smaller team on Tearaway Unfolded.

Qvoth

just read through this thread, holy crap i'm so hyped right now, everything sounds amazing

one question though, for example if you're unlucky enough to be paired with a bad group of players for your town, can you move to another town?
because i'm afraid this might halt progression and just make people quit the game instead

HiVision

just read through this thread, holy crap i'm so hyped right now, everything sounds amazing

one question though, for example if you're unlucky enough to be paired with a bad group of players for your town, can you move to another town?
because i'm afraid this might halt progression and just make people quit the game instead

Yes, I think I explain it in one of the threads here on neogaf.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Watched the stream earlier today, and my hype for this game, which was admittedly very high, shot through the roof. This looks like the kind of thing I could sink a lot of time into. Love the artstyle too.

Now if I could just get into that alpha, I'd be a very happy man.

Speaking of the alpha, are codes being dished out worldwide? I live in Japan and, should I get a code, I hope there are plenty of people online during the evening in Japan. Or maybe I'll run into some devs?

G-Bus

Banned
Stumbled upon this thread by accident.

Two hours later and this might just sell me on a ps4. I had planned to get one but was waiting for the inevitable price drop whenever that may happen. Now I'm thinking I won't wait.

Looks and sounds incredible. Loving the social aspect of it, especially the voting in towns for certain things and even competing with others in size.

stryke

This feels like an unnecessarily rude post. Putting aside that they're not making LBP3, you don't think MM can come up with it themselves? How well can it be implemented without breaking the game and existing levels that have already been built?

Top Bottom