• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children [OT] Where FTP means 'For The People'

HiVision

Can I start my own town? It seems I can only pick an already started town in the train station.

no, but you can choose an underpopulated town and work up from there.

The game is designed around the cooperation of strangers. However, residency in towns is given precedence so even though some guests might turn up you can still get a group of friends together and control a town.

somme

Current town is having a real issue with food. The town never has any, and when we go to a new island none of the trees (or very few) have any fruit, and even if they do it's only one per tree.

Fruit is growing very slowly in town, so slowly we're always on zero. Never had this issue before.

Piccoro

Sigh. So I can't download the game or the Plus exclusive Princess Outfit. I added it to the cart yesterday during the maintenance, but now it doesn't appear on my download list.
If I try to add it to the cart again I get "error wc-40360-3" on PS4 and "You're not eligible.." on the webstore.
Anybody else has this problem? Thanks. :(

Current town is having a real issue with food. The town never has any, and when we go to a new island none of the trees (or very few) have any fruit, and even if they do it's only one per tree.

Fruit is growing very slowly in town, so slowly we're always on zero. Never had this issue before.
I've noticed the lowered food growth as well on islands in the new build. Not sure about man-made / planted trees since I only managed to log in for a brief moment due to server maintenance.

Vindicator

Dat whopping 329 toil when placing a matroshka at the bus stop...

Wanted to complain about leveling up taking forever, now it should go a bit smoother.
Still ways to got till lvl 30 ( 25 atm) enjoying every minute when i find some time to play this.

Would be great to to know more about the benefits of those new costumes & bags, like if the 500 $ bags boost the relevant skill more than the 250 $ ones?

Yeah, don't know of its a bug or something but the food drought is massive, all the towns I go to are at 0 food and we can't get more people.

somme

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the famine issue.

We've got 5/6 trees in town and they only grow one fruit every five minutes. Residents are eating faster than we can feed them!

Found a brand new town for the first time ever this morning. Oddly, it was at the top of the long-running towns list. I was the only one there for quite a while.

Really love a few of the new outfits, but I just can't give up the additional resource slot from the equestrian gear.

I also really like that it's worthwhile toil-wise to bother retrieving dolls now. It had felt like such a hassle for not much benefit.

HiVision

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the famine issue.

We've got 5/6 trees in town and they only grow one fruit every five minutes. Residents are eating faster than we can feed them!

Although it has to be said 5/6 trees is probably not going to be enough to feed the ravenous minions. :)

somme

Although it has to be said 5/6 trees is probably not going to be enough to feed the ravenous minions. :)

It always was before. With each tree having 4/5 fruit on it, and food coming from the islands. Now we need 20 - and that's when people don't cut them all down!

Press O to shake the tree and O to get the fruit is annoying,should be press and hold to shake.

Im really liking the game, much better than i expected.

HiVision

Press O to shake the tree and O to get the fruit is annoying,should be press and hold to shake.

Im really liking the game, much better than i expected.

I am really happy to hear that! We got 3/10 reviews! :)
But so did some classic movies like 2001... so we're in good company. I plan to keep growing it with the community and we have all kinds of amazing stuff and expansive gameplay in the pipeline for the coming year to keep people coming back.

i bought the early access but barely had time to participate, but i am really looking forward rebuilding a town sometime soon

really enjoyed the alpha and betas

somme

I am really happy to hear that! We got 3/10 reviews! :)
But so did some classic movies like 2001... so we're in good company. I plan to keep growing it with the community and we have all kinds of amazing stuff and expansive gameplay in the pipeline for the coming year to keep people coming back.

Yeah I've played since the full release, I didn't agree with those reviews then and I still don't now.

It's a weird, unique and refreshing title. Addictive too! ;)

BigEmil

Sigh. So I can't download the game or the Plus exclusive Princess Outfit. I added it to the cart yesterday during the maintenance, but now it doesn't appear on my download list.
If I try to add it to the cart again I get "error wc-40360-3" on PS4 and "You're not eligible.." on the webstore.
Anybody else has this problem? Thanks. :(
It this is from the ps4 store maybe try accessing the store through mobile or pc web browser and see if you can correct those

Yeah, it's really difficult now to maintain a steady influx of food with the game's current build. Various towns I've visited seem to barely scrape together 20 - 50 food regardless of how advanced they are technology-wise (including a fully upgraded Town Hall) or how much restraint the local denizens show in saving up supplies, and all it takes is a single large Izverg to rain on your parade with how they can trample all over your trees on a moment's notice... if you even get a handful of them up-and-running once every blue moon. It's the exact opposite extreme of the food situation in older builds; too plentiful before, too scarce now. The lack of food also means that if you have 'bad' island spawns with a dearth of trees, all it takes is one good Izverg attack and the majority of what you built up will be gone in no time. Ran a town earlier that had 1400+ mandate filled out, erected ample defenses as well as most of the important buildings and at least 50% of it went *poof* after approximately five to ten minutes thanks to back-to-back Godzillas in conjunction with the above. It went even further downhill from that point onwards apparently, because I just logged back on and there existed only 200+ mandate worth of buildings with 0 population (vs 140 prior) to boot. No shortage of players either.

I'm fine with there being huge blows like this since difficulty was more or less non-existent before, but it's another thing entirely if the means to pre-emptively protect yourself aren't quite there thanks to the unavailability of a single resource. Every other 'ore' feels more balanced out however, while food is (anecdotally speaking) a suffocating handicap currently. Buying a pile of apples via the black market also doesn't cut it, because 100 Freeman Dollars for 10 apples (which the NPC civilians consume in less than two minutes) is anything but efficient compared to other options in that general price range. This kind of depravity would maybe work if there were other choices for acquiring food like (random kneejerk example) a mini-farm à la Don't Starve, but that's a moot point all things considering.

Aside from the aforementioned ballbreaker, having fun with the update's new additions. Cool all-new islands too out of the three I spotted due to how vertical they are.

domstah

Tried to play this earlier today, once I got to a town I had no idea what to do. I could harvest apples and ore but had no idea how to harvest trees. I didn't know wether to put my goods on the bus trailer or to just leave them. I had no idea how to build our contribute to the town.

In the end, the style was getting in the way of my understanding of the game. I gave it 90 minutes and it left me cold.

somme

Tried to play this earlier today, once I got to a town I had no idea what to do. I could harvest apples and ore but had no idea how to harvest trees. I didn't know wether to put my goods on the bus trailer or to just leave them. I had no idea how to build our contribute to the town.

In the end, the style was getting in the way of my understanding of the game. I gave it 90 minutes and it left me cold.

It doesn't hold your hand but that makes it all the more rewarding when you figure stuff out.

I miss all the cool stuff I had from the Beta. :(

Still- the addiction is back & now I've infected my wife with this game, lol.

Question- for us lowly F2P citizens, is it possible to acquire Bourgeoisie papers by good old fashion hard work?

Also- there doesn't appear to be music at the islands I'm visiting today, which is a bummer because I love the ambient music.

For what it's worth, there's a rectangular shaped monitor in every town (near the bus stop) that covers most of the game's elements.

Also- there doesn't appear to be music at the islands I'm visiting today, which is a bummer because I love the ambient music.
Music played just fine for me, so rebooting the game might be worth a try if it happens again for you.

hear4beer

Put a good amount of time into the FTP version and i feel like its a bit too restrictive...
Mainly i think the freeman dollars need to be a reward for doing things to help the town because as of right now, I'm encouraged to sit on GAF and read while i sit in one spot waiting for money and tickets to spawn around me.
Also the rescue apparatus should be able to be built by anyone. It's super disheartening to rescue a bunch of dolls and have no one in the town that can build a rescue apparatus.

Alastor3

Just played with my friend for the first time today, im already level 11, got 10 strengh and im considering buying 500 coupons just to get the bourgeoisie papers out of the way.

Wonder what stats should I upgrade now that I have one more slot in my backpack.

Im really liking the game but I just wish people would come into our town

somme

My town is really busy (25 people+ at all times) but no one seems to know what they're doing.

I build defeneses, telsa towers, cannons, and walls. I go out for a few hours and when I come back everything is gone and the town have barely anything again!

HiVision

We just patched the game, the izverg will be a little more varied in their attacks and not attempt to take out the entire town every time now :)

We just patched the game, the izverg will be a little more varied in their attacks and not attempt to take out the entire town every time now :)

Can we get unbreakable saplings for the town please, hate when griefers teardown an entire food farm when we have a food crisis.

You can make it so only the disassembler can knock them down. We really need food!

HiVision

Can we get unbreakable saplings for the town please, hate when griefers teardown an entire food farm when we have a food crisis.

You can make it so only the disassembler can knock them down. We really need food!

I'm considering something for this - I don't think they are griefers as such, they just don't know any better and when they get their hands on a chainsaw they want to cut things :)

rafaelr

after playing tethered and the playroom vr robots rescue with psvr, i would love to experience the world of the tomorrow children from that perspective.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
How can i unlock the free slot in the inventory system of the left? I already paid in the black market for one slot but i need one more.

And after this last update of f2p when i talk with the police for a quest they don't give me nothing.For more i talk i don't have any quest from them.

How can i unlock the free slot in the inventory system of the left? I already paid in the black market for one slot but i need one more.

And after this last update of f2p when i talk with the police for a quest they don't give me nothing.For more i talk i don't have any quest from them.
I've also noticed a much lower probability for quests from NPC's when spoken to or through random phone calls ever since the F2P update. Flares (in your inventory) also no longer get dropped if you choose to wait for another player to revive you.

I've noticed this too, why was the food sand quests spawn severely reduced?, is it to get more people to pay freeman dollars or is it a bug?

HiVision

The remaining slot on the left isn't unlockable yet, it's for a future update.

HiVision

I've also noticed a much lower probability for quests from NPC's when spoken to or through random phone calls ever since the F2P update. Flares (in your inventory) also no longer get dropped if you choose to wait for another player to revive you.

The flares not dropping is a bug and wil be fixed in the next minor patch.

Vindicator

Current town is stagnating for about a week despite quite some activity. Every 10 minutes or so a Bankrotz comes along and destroys some stuff. There are no spiders/mothras - only those zillas all the way.

Best thing would be to hoard resources and hope no f2p troll comes along while the town is inactive, curious how it will look today when i get home later...

HiVision

Current town is stagnating for about a week despite quite some activity. Every 10 minutes or so a Bankrotz comes along and destroys some stuff. There are no spiders/mothras - only those zillas all the way.

Best thing would be to hoard resources and hope no f2p troll comes along while the town is inactive, curious how it will look today when i get home later...

The patterns of attack are affected by how many russian dolls you have resurrected... sometimes you might hit a higher percentage wave like this, but then if you push through and resurrect a few more dolls it will probably get easier for a while.

The towns themselves have different difficulty settings too... so some towns are slightly more tough than others.

Top Bottom