• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trendiest Halloween candy in each U.S. state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyccko

So uh, I don't really know what the hell they're talking about with that pencil junk. In 15ish years of trick or treating in New Mexico nobody ever pulled a ridiculous-ass stunt like trying to give me a pencil instead of candy. Maybe things have changed since I grew up, but I'd honestly never even heard of it happening.

Giving out those orange and black candies is like telling the kids "hey fuck you." Going out of your way to give out that shit rather than just turning off your porch light...

The fact NH and Mass aren't Smarties is causing me to question this study.

Years ago I bought a bag of assorted candy from Walmart. It had some Smarties rolls with a different colored wrapper; they even tasted different! Turns out they were Tropical Smarties. For years they were my daughter's favorite. I found an online store that carries them, but I have to buy it in 5lb bags. This year I decided to only hand these out, but my family rebelled and bought other candy, too.

fo3EYZj.jpg

Seriously... Wax lips, California? Can you even eat wax lips?

Junior Mints for Massachusetts, nice. Junior Mints are great. But I'm a Kit Kat & Reces PB Cups guy.

Also, smarties are fucking disgusting. And.. other stats... Ring pops... atomic fireballs? wtf. Those were always the worst candy. Those and necco wafers. Old people that gave out necco wafers I did not understand what was wrong with them.

>Good & Plenty

lol

barf man. Good n Plenty are horrible.
Same with Mike n Ikes.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Ugh. What kind of misanthropic asshole would give kids wax lips for Halloween? Bastards.

abundant

So uh, I don't really know what the hell they're talking about with that pencil junk. In 15ish years of trick or treating in New Mexico nobody ever pulled a ridiculous-ass stunt like trying to give me a pencil instead of candy. Maybe things have changed since I grew up, but I'd honestly never even heard of it happening.

I was about to say the same thing. Unless it's happening outside of Albuquerque, I'm calling major BS on that.

Ferrio

Banned
Wait am I the only person who not only likes Wax Lips but loves them? By far my favorite candy when trick or treating.

Zoe

Where the fuck are Smarties? And I'm not talking about that chocolate crap.

I'll accept Kit-Kats, but lately all I've cared to eat are the dark chocolate ones.

bbdude

Congrats sumocoupon, you got several websites to post your name and logo by creating a bullshit "research project".

You even got a gaf thread out of it. Well done

Schrade

This should be number one in all fifty states. Bottle Caps are Halloween.

Bottle Caps are glorious candy. You know what else is fucking tasty? Willy Wonka Kazoozles.

These things are SO damn tasty. Cherry licorice stuff on the outside, soft and chewy sweet-tart tasting filling on the inside. SO addictive.

pAd1K26.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Candy I bought to give out this year:

-Sour Patch Kids
-Sour Punch Straws
-Peanut butter cups (full size single packs)
-Junior Mints
-Kit Kats

Something else, forget what.

Did I do good?

kamakazi5

The hell is wrong with California. I'll admit atomic fireballs aren't great but I'd rather have pencils than wax lips.

Alabama with the war heads is awesome, I didn't expect that to be a favorite anywhere.

J.EM1

Lived in Cali all my life and have never seen Wax Lips. In my area it's mostly Snickers, Kit Kats, Starburst, and Sour Patch kids.. and everything else Hershey and Nestle has to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom