• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UFC 129 Thread of 55,000 people chanting "GSP! GSP!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
on the sherdog article they were saying that nick should go straight to fight gsp, but i think it makes sense to have him fight twoodley first. it's not like that's as much of a wrestling test as most would-be challengers have to go through but it would at least give us some hope that he could deal with the wrestling. i think this is even more important in light of the fact that nick already has such a defeatist attitude about fighting wrestlers (umma rules suck, elbows mean he can't do anything, etc.). would be a waste of everyone's time if he gets the fight and fares not much better than hardy and then just whines afterward

edit: guess that's in a perfect world though. forgot about diaz's boxing aspirations. i wouldn't be upset if he got the next shot. he certainly earned it more than hardy although i'm still not convinced he would fare that much better.

yacobod

Banned
either way its the most compelling fight for georges at 170. gsp will never move up to MW until anderson retires, so unless you want to see fitch/gsp 2, this is as good as it gets.

ToxicAdam

2iafqxg.jpg

There's nothing he can't do.

charsace

AstroLad said:
Shields fucking withstood (barely, but still) Hendo's overhand right. There's almost no way GSP finishing him no matter what he did. It was a total lose-lose fight for him from that perspective, and that's not even accounting for the eye-poke that reduced his effectiveness even more. There was no way he was finishing Shields and it's not like people are giving him much credit for the win even though Shields has pretty great credentials.
I've been saying the same thing. Shields is currently the hardest guy to put away imo. I've seen him get rocked a few times only to recover quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom