• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Uncharted franchise has sold 28 million (before UC4)

I like this guy, he is funny.

Like he fails so many times (still remember his pre reveal "scoops" about how much more powerful the XB1 than the PS4 is and how devs are extremely impressed by it) you start developing some sympathy towards him.

But what's up with him? Haven't been involved in a controversy in a long time, learned to think before he speaks?
Nope. People just stopped paying attention to him. Like with most trolls people get bored and move on.

Yup. GTAV has sold nearly double the entire UC series to this point which is pretty wild.
GTAV is GTA though, there’s hardly any franchise that’s bigger or on even footing besides Mario and Minecraft and maybe Pokemon?

GTA is a true evergreen title at this point with just about every release.

Trojan

Have people started guessing opening sales for UC4? I think that game is going to get close to 2.5M the first week

sora87

Like he fails so many times (still remember his pre reveal "scoops" about how much more powerful the XB1 than the PS4 is and how devs are extremely impressed by it) you start developing some sympathy towards him.

But what's up with him? Haven't been involved in a controversy in a long time, learned to think before he speaks?

People finally realised what a silly fanboy he is and stopped paying attention to him.

Hoping UC4 does big numbers, take the tally closer to 40 mil

darkwing

As of Sept 30th 2015 -

Gran Turismo -- 10.85 million
Gran Turismo 2 -- 9.37 million
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec -- 14.89 million
Gran Turismo Concept Series -- 1.56 million
Gran Turismo 4 Prologue -- 1.4 million
Gran Turismo 4 -- 11.76 million
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue -- 5.35 million
Gran Turismo PSP -- 4.66 million
Gran Turismo 5 -- 11.94 million
Gran Turismo 6 -- 4.7 million

Total -- 76.49 million

wow at GT6

pastrami

No shit? Well then I'm lowballing it probably, but the install base difference was pretty significant at that point I think.

To be clear, that number is shipped, not sold through. The game only did 700k in its first NPD (basically the entirety of November). I don't know how well it did everywhere else though.

I think the way this gen has panned out has shut him up a bit.

Fight for fortune and golden abyss included?

Well of course. They're talking about the franchise as a whole.

Anyway, those are amazing numbers. I imagine 90% of those sales are from Drake's Fortune, Among Thieves, Drake's Deception and the Nathan Drake Collection. I wonder how well NDC did - I'd probably guess around 3 million sales, but that's based on nothing other than my own assumption.

Uncharted 4 is going to do insane numbers. I think we're going to be looking 9-10 million sales total.

Uncharted 3 did 3.8m in its opening day.

Pretty sure this is not true. I think that was the number shipped to retailers ahead of launch.

Sjefen

great numbers, much higher than I thought. Pretty sure we can add 10-15 million to that number in a years time

Loudninja

Well of course. They're talking about the franchise as a whole.

Anyway, those are amazing numbers. I imagine 90% of those sales are from Drake's Fortune, Among Thieves, Drake's Deception and the Nathan Drake Collection. I wonder how well NDC did - I'd probably guess around 3 million sales, but that's based on nothing other than my own assumption.

Uncharted 4 is going to do insane numbers. I think we're going to be looking 9-10 million sales total.

Pretty sure this is not true. I think that was the number shipped to retailers ahead of launch.
Not sure about that..

The last numbers we got was 21 million and that was for the UC1, UC2 and UC3.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1057088

Not sure about that..

The last numbers we got was 21 million and that was for the UC1, UC2 and UC3.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1057088

I don't think that's too far off my estimation:

10% for Golden Abyss and Fight for Fortune is probably a bit high - let's round that down to 2 million total.

That leaves 26 million sales. The PS3 trilogy were at 21 million as of last year; let's assume with the growing hype for UC4 and long tail of these games they've done another million since then.

That leaves NDC at 4 million sales total - seems quite high, as I would have expected to have heard from Sony or ND if their last release hit such a high number of sales in, what, 8 months? Although it would deserve it as it's an excellent collection, and I think I read that the Master Chief Collection had sold 5 million copies.

Top Bottom