• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Uncharted future looks insanely strong: Let’s discuss where ND should go next

BANGS

Banned
Uncharted is a recognized brand that is a massive cash cow. Do you guys realize how difficult it is to build something like that? Those of you that think you've seen the last of Uncharted are badly mistaken.

How long has Mario and Zelda been around?

LMFAO you serious???

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
It needs a break.....i say no more until PS5. It's long overdue for a new entry in the Jak and Daxter series. I'd love to see them make a new one!

nowhat

Uncharted is a recognized brand that is a massive cash cow. Do you guys realize how difficult it is to build something like that?

How to build a recognized brand? Step 1: have Naughty Dog announce a new IP.

...there's no step 2 really. ND is such a big name that's all it really takes. They've said they are done with Uncharted and I believe them. Whether Sony wants to do something with the franchise is another issue, but I (even as a fan of the series) hope they don't. It had a good run, let's leave it at that.

xviper

after The last of us 2

they will probably make a new Open world because it's the new trend and because linear single player games are not big anymore

Megatron

If they make another one of these, for gods sake, add a co-op mode. It's insane how the entire franchise is two characters traveling together all the time and yet they have never added co-op.

Pejo

Gold Member
I hope Uncharted is done, and I really wish they'd have not done a sequel to Last of Us. Like others have said, I'd love to see that space adventure they teased in UC4. Hope that's what we get.

I hope Uncharted is done, and I really wish they'd have not done a sequel to Last of Us. Like others have said, I'd love to see that space adventure they teased in UC4. Hope that's what we get.

NaughtyDog Mass Effect?! I'm down for that like a MOFO.

Si2k78

Uncharted is a recognized brand that is a massive cash cow. Do you guys realize how difficult it is to build something like that? Those of you that think you've seen the last of Uncharted are badly mistaken.

How long has Mario and Zelda been around?

Agreed. I’m just concerned about the pace of the releases. The PS3 generation saw 3 mainline uncharted games, at this rate, we’ll be lucky to see 2. Sony’s first party output has definitely felt much weaker on the PS4 than on PS3. 3rd parties have definitely carried a heavier load this time around, but I’m not sure if that’s a good thing. We’re seeing more big budget annualized games, but less big budget 1st party titles.

i-Lo

Uncharted can be laid to rest for a long time now. And given narrative focus on story arc, Nate's story is done & done with dignity. We may see Sam's adv. down the line.

Yeah 3 was good but not as good as 2.

4 was an even more watered down experience becoming more of a movie than game.

Didn’t care enough to play the dlc.

Factually bullshit.

They'll either try to centre the continuation around Chloe by building on the DLC, or (if they're smart) recognise it has run its course and quietly shelve it. Franchises don't need to run forever.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Had enough personally, I played through 4 just for the story but the general why can't I use my whip here, why am I climbing the long way, let's jump ladder to ladder to ladder with piss poor gun play I honestly can't remember anything of it besides their daughters level at the end?

It looks fantastic and the stories great but it terms of actual game play or play through's again....

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
They'll either try to centre the continuation around Chloe by building on the DLC, or (if they're smart) recognise it has run its course and quietly shelve it. Franchises don't need to run forever.

Say that to Assassins Creed or Call of Duty. If SONY has a legit franchise they can pump out on a yearly basis like those two than by all means whore out Uncharted.

Top Bottom