• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The unofficial OFFICIAL PS3 camping picture thread

turtle553

Can we get one thread where everyone can post their pictures of campers.

Be sure to include the time and location.

Here is the one listed in Gamespot from the Metreon in San Fraancisco from this morning:

ps3_metreon_screen001.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I question their logic. Each and every one of them...

X26

Banned
over 100 people, and yet they are all thinking the same thing

$2,500+ profit on eBay
$2,500+ profit on eBay
$2,500+ profit on eBay
$2,500+ profit on eBay
$2,500+ profit on eBay
$2,500+ profit on eBay

Clipjoint

I just spoke with a friend of mine waiting in line at the Elston Best Buy in Chicago. He was 40th in line, and that store was supposed to get 20 systems, but he kept waiting hoping for a miracle. Apparently, the manager just came out and said they might be getting 45-50 systems. So at least one non-ebayer has a chance of getting his PS3.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Clipjoint said:
I just spoke with a friend of mine waiting in line at the Elston Best Buy in Chicago. He was 40th in line, and that store was supposed to get 20 systems, but he kept waiting hoping for a miracle. Apparently, the manager just came out and said they might be getting 45-50 systems. So at least one non-ebayer has a chance of getting his PS3.

Don't Best Buys already have their entire shipment in? I'd bet money that the manager is saying this to get the people to keep waiting so they can try and force a 360 on them.

mrroboto

Banned
What I don't understand is the massive amount of people in line. There's simply no way the majority of them will walk away with system.

I can only think they're just there with a friend to keep them company. Otherwise, there's gonna be alot of angry people tonight at midnight/tomorrow morning.

hyp

davepoobond said:
does metreon even have enough to give the first 50 people of that line a ps3?

a friend in san francisco confirmed there are currently 700 people lined up at the metreon and that the metreon staff has confirmed that all 700 people will be getting a PS3. past that, no idea but i assume over a 1000 people will be there tonight.

Dahbomb

X26 said:
over 100 people, and yet they are all thinking the same thing

$2,500+ profit on eBay
$2,500+ profit on eBay
$2,500+ profit on eBay
$2,500+ profit on eBay
$2,500+ profit on eBay
$2,500+ profit on eBay
That's pretty much what's getting them through the wait. :lol

hyp

DaCocoBrova said:
I question their logic. Each and every one of them...

dollar-bills.jpg

Wu Tang Clan said:
I grew up on the crime side, the New York Times side
Staying alive was no jive
At second hands, moms bounced on old men
So then we moved to Shaolin land
A young youth, yo rockin the gold tooth, 'Lo goose
Only way, I begin to gee off was drug loot
And let's start it like this son, rollin with this one
And that one, pullin out gats for fun
But it was just a dream for the teen, who was a fiend
Started smokin woolies at sixteen
And running up in gates, and doing hits for high stakes
Making my way on fire escapes
No question I would speed, for cracks and weed
The combination made my eyes bleed
No question I would flow off, and try to get the dough all
Sticking up white boys in ball courts
My life got no better, same damn 'Lo sweater
Times is ruff and tuff like leather
Figured out I went the wrong route
So I got with a sick ass click and went all out
Catchin keys from across seas
Rollin in MPV's, every week we made forty G's
Yo nigga respect mine, or anger the tech nine
Ch-chick-POW! Move from the gate now...

Soybean

Already posted these in another thread, but I like my second picture.

This was at the Mount Laurel Circuit City (one of the 5 doing the midnight launch) Wednesday at 8 PM. 95 systems. 118 campers.

298411101_16fb96b4c4.jpg

298411944_5170fa524e.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
hyp said:

Nice. Although there are much easier ways to make ~$1000 in 72 hours w/ a $600 investment.

The mid atlantic area is getting drenched w/ rain. Need more pics of people in rain parkas and long faces!

Jeezus, are these people in line fvcking retarded. No one in their right mind is going to pay 2 grand for a spot in line.

I'm so glad I'm not standing in line for a buggy launch unit that has barely any good games to play on it...and whose price will likely be dropped $50.00 to $100.00 in a few months time.

Why not just waltz into target and pick up a Wii on Sunday morning? We know the build-quality will be fine (repackaged gamecube-turbo) and it's only $250 w/ a game.

Logic defies most of these people. Greed drives many. Besides the hardest of the hardcore gamers there, the lines probably are composed of the lowest forms of human life. Not someplace I'd like to be.

Meier

I snapped a picture of the Tallahassee Best Buy last night with my camera phone but my program to transfer off isnt working lately. There was a massive ****ing storm that came through.. can only imagine what it was like.

hyp

DaCocoBrova said:
Nice. Although there are much easier ways to make ~$1000 in 72 hours w/ a $600 investment.

The mid atlantic area is getting drenched w/ rain. Need more pics of people in rain parkas and long faces!

i'd have to agree, i'd rather just go to work those 3 days. three 8 hour shifts (24 hrs, 3 days of work) would get me a PS3 + a few games. not trying to imply anything though. i just think it's pretty stupid to go through all the hassle of selling on ebay or craigslist if you have a job already. the profits aren't attractive enough for me. though i would love to get my hands on the PS3 if i could do it easily and not stand in line.

Best Buy Mountain View (sorry for double post!)

Note the Dish Network Dish!!!

And note the convenient REI for camping supplies. :D

BBMtnView1.jpg

BBMtnView2.jpg

BBMtnView3.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Moderation Unlimited said:
Jeezus, are these people in line fvcking retarded. No one in their right mind is going to pay 2 grand for a spot in line.

I'm so glad I'm not standing in line for a buggy launch unit that has barely any good games to play on it...and whose price will likely be dropped $50.00 to $100.00 in a few months time.

Why not just waltz into target and pick up a Wii on Sunday morning? We know the build-quality will be fine (repackaged gamecube-turbo) and it's only $250 w/ a game.

Logic defies most of these people. Greed drives many. Besides the hardest of the hardcore gamers there, the lines probably are composed of the lowest forms of human life. Not someplace I'd like to be.

$2,000 (for the spot in line) + $600 (for the PS3) compares favorably with those Ebay auctions going for $2,500. PLUS! No shipping AND no wait! Win!

Of course, I completely agree that the people that would pay this much money for a console have serious issues.

Baker

Banned
I have a question that's been bothering me.

Is this camping strategy for the PS3 an indication of how future console launches will end up?

I have always loved camping. I go 12 hours early, sit inside, and always end up being the first to go home with the system. I got a phone call yesterday from a Walmart employee (where I camp) saying people had already lined up 36 hours early.

Is this just something crazy Sony fanboys/Ebayers are doing, or is every subsequent launch going to begin earlier and earlier?

Zep

Banned
Soybean said:
Already posted these in another thread, but I like my second picture.

This was at the Mount Laurel Circuit City (one of the 5 doing the midnight launch) Wednesday at 8 PM. 95 systems. 118 campers.

298411101_16fb96b4c4.jpg

298411944_5170fa524e.jpg

And my boy wanted to try that CC this morning :lol

perplexcity said:
Is this just something crazy Sony fanboys/Ebayers are doing, or is every subsequent launch going to begin earlier and earlier?

It depends on how bad the console makers f#$k up.

PS3 was going to be spring launch in Japan, but that got pushed to fall along with USA launch.
USA was going to be 2million units.
USA got cut to 400K units.
USA now down to ~200K units(?).

A certain amount of hype & camping is good . . . but this is crazy. Sony f#$ked up bad.

Why do these stores allow them to camp?

It seems in some of these photos these Tents are in the way and taking a lot of space

I wish I had to money for a PS3 ahh the wait

I'm glad I decided to ditch the idea of camping at all. I'll just get a wii360. From NY to Virginia, all along the coast, there are flood warnings, tornado warnings, hail, thunderstorms coming in the next 5 hours. :lol We'll here about more than a few tents flying away in the wind.

GOOD LUCK!! HOPE IT'S WORTH IT!!!

IJoel

I stopped by a local Best Buy to check the movie releases, and there were 30-40 people outside camping out, with the temperature being 32F.

btrboyev

what i would do in the middle of the night with those tents is just put a chair right in front of the closest tent to the door and when they awake..bam who's in the front now bitch.

Top Bottom