• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The unofficial OFFICIAL PS3 camping picture thread

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I hope Conan is sending Triumph to one of these lines, the people in these lines look like easy marks.

turtle553

I bet tons of these people have their ebay auctions already to go as soon as soon as they get a picture and upload it while in the parking lot.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
mckmas8808 said:
How does that even work?

The dish just needs to be aligned correctly, and your box will confirm your signal strength and give you the azimuth settings for your phone #. If he's got authorized cards and somehow he's getting power(generator maybe?), then it should work no problem.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I plan to grab my camera after work, and drive by the different places in Columbus. I want to see how many lines are out there.

thatbox

Banned
I actually have a job, and I was hoping I could find a spot at the tail end of a line at 5PM, but I guess that's not happening. Maybe I'll just patrol the New Orleans area and take pictures of the madness :(

Alts

Speculawyer, I was at that Best Buy last night. Wild. The first kid in line (couldn't be more than 16) decided to regulate the line himself, so he kept a list of all the names of the people that came to the line, what time, etc. And then they set up their own little democracy to kick people out of the line if they weren't abiding by "the rules." I saw one lady get kicked to place #28 because she was arguing with a few kids. And four guys were about to get kicked to the back and have their tent removed because they werent always in the line.

A fight looked like it was about to break out right before I left the place.

[edit] Oh, I recognized one of the guys in line. As a scalper who had camped outside of Toys R Us as well. Good times. A few (~3-5) Best Buy employees were at the head of the line as well.

turtle553

Can someone just for fun go tell people waiting in line, "that due to fraud, Ebay will no longer accept PS3 listings." Just be sure to videotape the responses and post them here.:)

Jinxter

I decided to do some research, and look at all the lines on my drive home last night (Redmond to Bremerton), and stopped by as many BB, CC, Targets, Walmarts, CompuUSAs, that I knew of...took me awhile. I found out some interesting things.

Redmond Target, getting half of what they expected...ditto the Targets in SeaTac, Tacoma, Lynnwood, Silverdale.

Walmarts getting less than half of what they expected in the same areas.

Best Buys, were getting what they expected in Bellevue, Tacoma, but less in Silverdale.

Circuit Citys, getting what they expected or a little less. Silverdale Circuit City less than half than what they expected.

CompUSA, only allowing you to buy it if you but a Big Screen LCD TV to go with it...

Fry's only selling it in a bundle costing over $1080...

From what I was able to see, a lot of people standing in line...more than what each store has in stock...sometimes by a huge margin. I am beginning to suspect that the analysts that stated only 200K for the US may be correct. Unless you are living in a major metro area, your area store is only getting 30 - 50% of what they expected. If this holds up nationwide...I am afraid that stories such as this http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/4661551.html will be more common, and I am sure fights, if not riots will be reported as of tomorrow. The main reason I suspect this, is that even though a lot of these campers started camping around Tues of this week, and the lines have surpassed the store's supply of PS3s, none of the stores can tell the people waiting in line, how many the store has for sale. Corporate apathy will equal customer rage...

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Lonestar said:
I plan to grab my camera after work, and drive by the different places in Columbus. I want to see how many lines are out there.

Checked almost all of the Targets in the area and all the ps3s are accounted for. I didn't bother with all of the more well known stores.

Ryu

LOL. The 1up staff is at the Metreon talking to all the Sony fans in line at the Playstation store. They must be filming for the 1up show tomorrow. One of them is dressed as a WiiMote from their little Wii fatality article they ran. Hilarious stuff.

Senretsu

I felt bad for the people at the Tenleytown Best buy in DC. I was an idiot and forgot my camera on the way to classes. Today we had severe thunderstorms and WIND. There was a tornado watch today. People were all crammed in their tents. There were also people just standing around getting soaked, wind blowing their jackets all over.

Another reason this locatioin sucks, its right by the ****ing metro, so you've got tons of people walking through.

Hyoushi said:
campdish.jpg

*boggle*

Yep . . . a Dish Network dish and a generator for the village. A gas BBQ showed up later. it was quite the little community.

speculawyer said:
Yep . . . a Dish Network dish and a generator for the village. A gas BBQ showed up later. it was quite the little community.

I apparently have to redefine hardcore campers now those guys are pros.

I guess it's cuz I'm a grown ass man now, but I cant imagine camping out for anything. It was cool when I was 18 and camped for a PS2, but I guess your mentality changes when you're 24. I rode past Walmart like "that shit is sad", but that was me 6 years ago.

newsguy

Posted this in the other thread, but just want to get the word out

Cinematic Trailer for PS3 launch on XBL Marketplace!!!

Here's the song they're using:

All round me there's familiar faces

Tents and cases, pocket aces

Playing handhelds, I can see their sorrow

"Can I borrow, a game tomorrow?"

[CHORUS]

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kinda sad

Some dude just brought a BB gun and shot my fuking dad

There are people trying to steal, my lawn chair and my cash

My friend hired a black guy just to kick their fuking ass

With pregnant ladies waiting it's a very very....

MAAAAD WOOORRRLD....

MAAAAD WOOORRRLD....

radjago

Tents + concrete = Sore back in the morning

This is living, indeed.

The local news has been covering the lines all day.

jjasper

Just went by a BB had about 15-20 tents out or people just sitting in chairs. The store is getting about 50 units, they were all gone.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I swear to God, I feel like bursting out laughing whenever I see the ****ing tents. I never noticed them for any other launch.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I bet those who preordered feel pretty snazzy right about now.

This shit better not go down for the wii.

Tents eh. I bet even Sony execs are starting to look at these scenes a little cockeyed.

I camped out for about 6 hours for the Xbox 360 and I thought that was overboard. I decided that that would be my last camp out. Unless I'm buying something as a gift.

fabs115

passed by the best buy in brooklyn just off the belt parkway on my way back home from school..... pouring rain and the line was still wrapped around the outside of the store. meanwhile , across the parking lot at toys are us, all was quiet

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
here's some camper ****ers at the Best Buy in Columbus, GA.

site1075.jpg

site1076.jpg

I couldn't get closer pictures, as it's hard to drive a stick shift, take pictures, and reload the pellet gun at the same time.

Dr. Jade

dude ... i cant believe im gonna say this about my own kind ... but americans are the most ****ing stupid people ... forgoing work and life for 2 days to camp out on concrete slabs outside of a electronics store for a videogame console that in reality is already available in the name of Xbox 360 ...

UNREAL

trilobyte

Dr. Jade said:
dude ... i cant believe im gonna say this about my own kind ... but americans are the most ****ing stupid people ... forgoing work and life for 2 days to camp out on concrete slabs outside of a electronics store for a videogame console that in reality is already available in the name of Xbox 360 ...

UNREAL

Don't forget, they're are doing this just to PAY $600 in the end

At Walmart nearby my house there were 30 people waiting in line outside throughout the day and late last night.... The store only has 4 fricken units! What's worse is that the people in line KNOW that there's only 4 units! Yet they're still camping out... I don't know if they're expecting PS3s to start falling like Mana out of the sky at midnight or what... Then again we are talking about Walmart shoppers....

However I plan to stroll in at this same Walmart on Sunday morning to get a Wii.

RaijinFY

The Chosen One said:
At Walmart nearby my house there were 30 people waiting in line outside throughout the day and late last night.... The store only has 4 fricken units! What's worse is that the people in line KNOW that there's only 4 units! Yet they're still camping out... I don't know if they're expecting PS3s to start falling like Mana out of the sky at midnight or what... Then again we are talking about Walmart shoppers....

However I plan to stroll in at this same Walmart on Sunday morning to get a Wii.

Looks like the 4 people who'll get their PS3 better get the **** out of there asap...

hah today i walked by the metreon after school. the line snaked for days and people were just sleeping on the ground, no tent. Sony set up these giant colorful spotlights and a stage or something. This truck was blaring Killer Queen, so I'm thinking there may be a guitar hero linked event later tonight.

As I walked by I screamed "NINTENDO" and walked away laughing. I'm so cool.

Walked by a couple of small gamestores in my area.

I don't think anyone even realizes the PS3 is coming out tomorrow.

(They have a couple of Japanese PS3 systems (20gb), but no one seemed to care.)

xaosslug

Pureauthor said:
Walked by a couple of small gamestores in my area.

I don't think anyone even realizes the PS3 is coming out tomorrow.

(They have a couple of Japanese PS3 systems (20gb), but no one seemed to care.)

yup. Prob. one of the most low-key console launches in gaming history.

:lol

My friend and I went around taking pictures a little before midnight. Most of them were drive by pictures though so, they didn't come out well. I'm posting the Target one anyway because they looked like homeless people compared to the BB campers. They also yelled out "Get that shit out of here!" when they saw the flash. :lol

Walmart

walmart.jpg

ps3fatass.jpg

Best Buy
BBcampers.jpg

Target
target.jpg

Nobody at EB
EBjpg.jpg

big_z

Just drove by walmart(3657) after work, currenty 4:30am. EB had no one lining up and walmart had 6 people. six people! You might actually be able to walk in and buy one where i live....

Top Bottom