• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The unofficial OFFICIAL PS3 camping picture thread

Hyoushi said:

*boggle*

What's this?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Supposedly, Kenny Irons, Auburn's starting tailback, was in line at a store here in Columbus, just 1 day before the Iron Bowl...Wish I had gotten a picture, then asked "where did the money come from to get this???? ;) ;) "

Buffalo/Amherst Best Buy, right before doors opened at 8AM:
PS3Launch01.jpg

Best Buy employee asked everyone if they're going to resell or keep to play and only 1 person out of 34 said they were going to keep it:
PS3Launch04.jpg

Proof that almost nobody is keeping their PS3 to play (I bought the Resistance in the front):
PS3Launch06.jpg

EB Games I pre-ordered from before they opened to non-preorder customers:
PS3Launch07.jpg

So I waited at the Best Buy until the last PS3 was sold, just in case someone couldn't pay for theirs. They got 34 PS3s and originally expected 38. Everyone was able to buy one that had a line reserve slip. Some people there weren't campers and paid the ones that camped out for 2-3 days $600+ (not including PS3 cost) for their PS3 on the line itself, hoping to resell on eBay for more.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Crackerman - is that the EB Games on Niagara Falls Blvd next to the Best Buy? I remember shopping there all the time when I was in college. It's weird to see pictures of Buffalo around this time that aren't all bleak.

djtiesto said:
Crackerman - is that the EB Games on Niagara Falls Blvd next to the Best Buy? I remember shopping there all the time when I was in college. It's weird to see pictures of Buffalo around this time that aren't all bleak.

Yup. It's not exactly next to BB, but it's pretty close to it. I go to UB and so do most of scalpers at BB.

ant1532

Banned
TheIkariWarrior said:
very cool campin' experience there. congrats :)
Thanks bro. The first night one of the guys waiting got his friend to bring a generator and a 52 " HDTV and we watched Borat and played the Rainbow Six Vegas demo on 360.

On;y low point was that the first night it was hot as hell! Like 90+ and then the second night it was ****ing 64 degrees(which for us Floridians is like 30 degrees) I wanted to be chilled but damn was I freezing!

Top Bottom