• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vanillaware Appreciation Thread

This thread is reminding me that I have to finish Dragon's Crown (Final Boss) and get back to Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (only at the beginning).

Have loved their games since getting into Muramasa back on the Wii.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Their games has some cool art. Looking forward to their upcoming mech game.

I've been waiting on any news of that game for a long time. It caught my attention big time with the E3 trailer. But then they went radio silent on it. Hopefully we get some new info this year.

ScOULaris

I've been waiting on any news of that game for a long time. It caught my attention big time with the E3 trailer. But then they went radio silent on it. Hopefully we get some new info this year.
It's taking forever. At least drop some new screenshots or something to placate us.

sibarraz

Banned
Bought a vita with dragon crown. How long does it takes to beat the game (with final boss and everything)

Is a cool game, but I enjoyed muramasa way more

Bought a vita with dragon crown. How long does it takes to beat the game (with final boss and everything)

Is a cool game, but I enjoyed muramasa way more

Not too long, first run through takes a few hours depending on how many sidequests you want to do before completing it. The game is one of those kinds where you play through it more than once because a new difficulty level unlocks after completion with higher gear loot and more difficult enemies, just like the Diablo games.

Dlink16

It's usually really difficult to make painterly art animate in a way that doesn't look odd, yet Vanillaware pulls it off beautifully.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Sorry I couldn't find a more relevant thread that is recent and hey, Vanillaware deserves all the appreciation anyway so bump bump.

Anyway, I think I accidentally (via shitty ads on an unrelated site) found Vanillaware's inspiration for the Dragon's Crown Amazon o_O

Although this lady is far more beautiful. And apparently a doctor. Brain and brawn. And beauty. Wow. No wonder I clicked on that ad.

Last edited:
I love Vanillaware games, and I wish that SEGA/ATLUS bought them and gave them a decent budget to continue making these games.

Speaking of which, SEGA needs to get ATLUs to form Career Soft again for Growlanser games!!!!

Man...what a dream that would be....SEGA, ATLUS, Career Soft and Vanillaware games under all one umbrella!

Vawn

Banned

HTB1rxRuRFXXXXcoXpXXq6xXFXXXk.jpg

Hmmm... no thanks

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I thought this would be about intentionally playing only the base game without DLC.

Edit: TIL Chun Li is real.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
At least she still looks like a woman........I still would.

Isn’t Muramassa coming to the Switch soon?

But I'm guessing what goes in, doesn't come back out.

And I haven't heard anything about Muramasa coming to Switch.

Last edited:
sorry for bumping an old thread.

I've been going back and playing Odin Sphere Leifthrasir again. this time on my PS4. I used to play it on my Vita but it was stolen along with all the other Vanillaware games I have for it last year. I do have the PS4 versions of Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown but never get around to starting them up due to me not feel like starting from zero again. well, I decided recently I should at least pop the disc into my PS4 and play a little. have to start from the beginning for Odin Sphere, but surprisingly I did have Dragon's Crown save uploaded to the PSN so at least a little less work on that one. thou I find that playing DG on the PS4 feels a little cumbersome due to me not used to using the PS4 controller touch pad to do the rune words and select treasure chest and what not. guess I just need to put more time into it. I'm also in the process of trying to get a reasonably priced copy of the Muramasa: Demon Blade for Vita right now in the hopes of playing it with the PSTV thing I got sitting around instead of buying another Vita. we'll see how that goes.

starting Odin Sphere again really make me love Vanillaware all over again. the animation, music, voice acting, and most importantly, the gameplay, are all so wonderful! especially on a big screen TV instead of the Vita's screen (not that it's not beautiful on there). the art for everything from the character you play to the background and enemies are all wonderful. I also LOVE the food in all their games. they always look so delicious. especially so in Muramasa and Dragon's Crown. I've been playing mostly on my PC the last year or so, but I think I'll be putting some time back on my PS4 again for the upcoming future. and yes, I know about 13 Sentinels and I look forward for it to release in NA.

-YFC-

I played Muramasa and Odin sphere. Loved both of them, especially Odin Sphere. Their games have a unique artstyle that I really dig.
I'm waiting on Sentinels, is there any word on when will that launch in the west?

Top Bottom