• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Verge - Best handheld gaming system

JoJoSono

Banned
Out of the 8 franchise you listed only 5 games are exclusive (6 If you count Bravely Second) EO Untold and EO Untold II, both Devil Survivor games, and all 3DS DQ games are either remake or ports. So please stop with your double standard and just say that you prefer the 3DS' library.

Edit: I forgot that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is also a port.

Well I'd dispute knocking those EO games off the list. They are remakes yes, but remakes in the sense that they are fully new games. Not ports with enchantments. Also there's EO4.

Either way, I did'nt say the 3DS did'nt have it's fair share of ports. What I said is that ports just don't make up the library of desirable jrpgs to me. I mean I am saying I prefer the 3DS libary. I thought that was obvious. The Vita to me only has 3 jrpgs I want to play. 2 of them are ports. Even before you factor in ports and whatnot, the 3DS has far more then two jrpgs that I want to play. It's offering plenty of jrpgs that aren't cheap otaku fair. Thats what seems to make up most of the Vita's jrpg library. Games I would never want to play. Games that I doubt anyone would care about if jrpgs weren't in the current state they are in general and on the Vita.

As a piece of hardware? Vita, and it's not even close.

When you start looking at software, it's not even a contest. There's just no way you could stack up the Vita's games versus the 3DS's games, and say, "Hey, Vita has more and better games!"

But hey, they got their clicks, I guess.

As a piece of hardware? Vita, and it's not even close.

When you start looking at software, it's not even a contest. There's just no way you could stack up the Vita's games versus the 3DS's games, and say, "Hey, Vita has more and better games!"

But hey, they got their clicks, I guess.

Opinions, right?

Fusebox

Banned
I've got an OG Vita, a few 3DS units (including the new one) and an Nvidia Portable.

Vita is by far my fave portable. Between games like P4G, FFVII-XHD and Jeanne D'Arc I've probably done well in excess of 1000 hours on my Vita. It doesn't just make my commute go quickly, when I'm in the grips of a good game my long commutes to and from work become my favourite parts of the day. Still got Corpse Party, SAO and the older Personas in my backlog too.

sun-drop

the correct answer is the xperia tablet z2.

call me crazy but i sold my tab z and brought this today solely due to remoteplay

and works so well i'm selling my vita.

paired my DS4 and did a time trial in driveclube without a hitch ... fucking amazing.

the the sony store didn't even have this nor any of the z3 range setup to demo RP .. crazy .. it's the single killer app these tablets have.

great tab also though btw .. but yeh ... i'm impressed.

vita is good but playing with a DS4 is the way to go, plus you really need the screen real-estate

Top Bottom