• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vertical TV is finally here - Samsung Sero

Stitch

Gold Member

The latest addition to Samsung’s TV range is the Sero, a 43-inch TV that was designed with the millennial generation in mind and therefore pivots between horizontal and vertical orientations. It’s a much smarter idea than the phrase “vertical TV” would lead you to believe. Acknowledging that most mobile content is vertical, Samsung says the Sero is designed to encourage young people to project more of their smartphone stuff onto the TV by allowing it to go vertical.

aqV3Leg.jpg

:messenger_neutral:

epicnemesis

Wouldn’t it be easier to just put an accelerometer in the tv? Even the Xbox 360 knew when it was standing up or laying down.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
This and the foldable phones kinda shows companies are entirely out of ideas and just scraping the barrel for novelty. What a huge waste of time and resources

Last edited:

subsmoke

The only use I could see this having is to play some older arcade games that used a vertical monitor like Xevious and Raiden. Pretty useless otherwise but at least you can switch between horizontal and vertical.

DiscoJer

I would laugh at this, but every day at work, I see a dozen millenials watching video on their phone and it's always vertical. Even if it's a movie or TV show or something. It's like they can't hold their phones sideways or something...

Shifty

It took a hot minute for me to realise what the millennial angle was.

How depressing.

90 degrees DOI HOI HOI

MayauMiao

Demolition Man movie got it right with the soyboys and now vertical TV.

Can't wait for the 3 sea shell tech.

Solomeena

Banned
Who the hell, why the hell would you need to turn your tv vertical? I could understand a monitor for a computer and what not but a tv is meant to be in landscape, this shit is breaking my mind.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
The only use I can see this for is those TVs that display things in town, they are all vertical... it they are all TVs turned sideways...

I’m... lost for words...

Angry_Ostrich

Neo Member
If this could be a touch-screen, I can see how it could be usefull in the classrooms or meeting rooms.

If it's not, then... why?

Top Bottom