• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vita is 4 years old in NA

nampad

Funny to see the same old haters show up who have been saying "Vita is dead" for years while we still get some nice games in 2016.

Funny to see the same old haters show up who have been saying "Vita is dead" for years while we still get some nice games in 2016.

I am still waiting for Severed! That games looks pretty awesome and fun, by the Guacamelee devs, with some fun little swipe elements with the fighting. Just give us the damn release date!!!!!

Currently playing some Bigfest, which is pretty fun. Worth the $10.

Just bought one a few weeks ago. Pretty much as soon as I used it for a couple hours, I understood why all my friends who had one were incredibly salty, definitely the best handheld I've ever used.

The Flop

Banned
tumblr_o236nmw5cQ1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

kiriin

Dont know what all the funeral stuff is about i play mine every day.

Also it means life

It the same endless topic/jokes in every other thread with the Vita mentioned. But hey, atleast Kazuo Hirai tweet was actually funny. >_>

What did the PS4 get so far?
Indies, cross platform games and same "generation cycle" PC ports not counting.

Considering it came out a year and a half later? More than the Vita has now which is sad have fun with monster monpiece I'll go back to Infamous, Until Dawn, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture , Drive club , Tearaway Unfolded (not just a port at all) ,Bloodborne and a lot to come and etc oh wait Monster Monpiece was announced to be coming to PC too lol my bad.

P.S. I still love P4G, Tearaway , Uncharted Gravity Rush and Ys: Memories of something Japanese though.

nampad

Considering it came out a year and a half later? More than the Vita has now which is sad have fun with monster monpiece I'll go back to Infamous, Until Dawn, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture , Drive club , Tearaway Unfolded (not just a port at all) ,Bloodborne and a lot to come and etc oh wait Monster Monpiece was announced to be coming to PC too lol my bad.

P.S. I still love P4G, Tearaway , Uncharted Gravity Rush and Ys: Memories of something Japanese though.

Your examples just show that the exclusive lineup hasn't been much better so far...

Dragoshi1

4 years? I have the early launch one, and I haven't turned it off in 4 years I guess. Always on stand by, works just as well as it did when I first got it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Happy birthday to the system than can play:

Final Fantasy I - X-2
Resident Evil 1-3
Suikoden I and II
Breath of Fire III and IV
Danganronpa 1-2
Ys I - IV, and Ys VII - Ys VIII (in the future)

Fdkn

welp, that was a fast ban lol

Happy birthday to the system than can play:

Final Fantasy I - X-2
Resident Evil 1-3
Suikoden I and II
Breath of Fire III and IV
Danganronpa 1-2
Ys I - IV, and Ys VII - Ys VIII (in the future)

Add Trails in the Sky and Coldsteel to the list. :D

Yasumi

Banned

So you wanted big budget, western first party exclusives on a Japanese handheld? Between the western console market and SCEA's handling of the system, that was never going to happen.

I own a PS4 and a majority of the titles you listed do nothing for me (most of the library honestly), yet I own well over 100 Vita games. Guess the PS4 only has walking simulators. Enjoy your Everybody's Gone to the Rapture oh wait it was announced to be coming to PC too lol my bad.

How is taiko no tatsujin? I can't imagine with smashing huge drums with big sticks rather than teeny buttons. But is it good?

I enjoy it, but naturally it doesn't simulate the feeling of hitting huge drums. As a rhythm game in its own right, it's good. Then again, I also love the PSP, DS and 3DS ones.

So you wanted big budget, western first party exclusives on a Japanese handheld? Between the western console market and SCEA's handling of the system, that was never going to happen.

I own a PS4 and a majority of the titles you listed do nothing for me (most of the library honestly), yet I own well over 100 Vita games. Guess the PS4 only has walking simulators. Enjoy your Everybody's Gone to the Rapture oh wait it was announced to be coming to PC too lol my bad.
Actually I love Japanese games the PSP is probably my favorite handheld but the Vita just doesn't have anything appealing as far as those games go it just seems like there are too many creepy games coming out and I don't mean survival horror lol. Also I know about Rapture but the steamdb leak is nothing to go by as far as releases trust me on that but I would like it to release on PC PS4 be damned. I do love all the Sony systems but the vita really just fell short to me it ddooes sadden me though. As far as owning games for it even those released on other platforms I am looking forward to what limited run games has in store for the vita. Still a collector at heart I guess.

I'd say it's extremely accurate so far considering the majority of the titles leaked have been confirmed as coming.

I know but i've been waiting forever for the Halo trilogy and Angry Birds Seasons (yeah I know lol) and I know that Sony is PC friendly but I don't want to get my hopes up too soon even if it is a 90% for sure thing thus far.

No Gran Turismo, No Ace Combat, No Soul Calibur. As a racing games fan, air or space combat fan, weapon fighting game fan, WRPG fan, theres simply not much.
Both PSP and NDS had great catalogs, Vita in other hand is quite dead for several.

Dissagree all you want, the catalag is absolutely medicre.

Lmao whaaaaattttt

You are nuts man. Just cause it doesnt have your specific listed titles the massive library is mediocre?!?

4 years? I have the early launch one, and I haven't turned it off in 4 years I guess. Always on stand by, works just as well as it did when I first got it.

Same. Maybe only off for a few minutes here and there for a quick refresher, firmware update or memory card change.

Sesto

Banned
something I noticed on the european amazon sites, where the Vita was always availabe for a price of around 160 euros (no offers) the price went up to 200 euros and there is only small stocks left or 3. party offers.
I guess this means that either the Vita is slowly getting discountinued on amazon, or maybe a new model/bundle is underway.

PSOreo

Funny, I've genuinely been looking into the possibility of getting a Vita. I do have some questions I'd love to know the answer to.

Which version is best to try and get? Is the internal memory of the Slim better than having the OLED screen of the original?
Is the 64gb card essential, if so where in the UK is it cheapest?
Lastly, am I correct in saying if I left my PS4 in rest mode at home while connected to the internet, I can play it at work over wifi?

Funny, I've genuinely been looking into the possibility of getting a Vita. I do have some questions I'd love to know the answer to.

Which version is best to try and get? Is the internal memory of the Slim better than having the OLED screen of the original?
Lastly, am I correct in saying if I left my PS4 in rest mode at home while connected to the internet, I can play it at work over wifi?

I owned both the oled and slim. Unless you've got a thing for oled (and rather old oled tech at that) go with the slim. Better battery, better ergonomics and much nicer to hold with the slim and lighter design and rounded edges.

Zalman

Both versions are fine. You're going to hear different answers from different people. The original has the better screen and (in my opinion) better build quality, but the Slim feels better in the hands and has a micro USB charger/better battery. The internal memory of the Slim is useless. It's only 1 GB, and when you place a memory card in your Vita it bypasses the 1 GB.

64 is far from essential. I'd say if you're going physical, even 4 might be enough. I recommend at least 8 though, but again, it depends on how much you want to download.

And yes, you can do remote play through wifi.

Vita 1k and 2k are fine, 2k is better because it has overall more modern and better features like USB charging, better button placements, being lighter and having more battery life. The Slim's screen is fine and you wont notice a difference unless you actively compare it with the OLED Vita side by side. 64gb is fine if you plan to get a lot of digital games, get 16 gb if you dont think you're gonna download a lot, import a 64gb from superufo.com once you do.

Also remote play works when your PS4 is in rest mode.

PSOreo

Thank you very much everyone! I think I will go with the Slim, by the sounds of it there are a lot more benefits. I might be downloading a lot of games so I will invest in a card of some size. What are the typical game file sizes? Most of the games I own already are indies from the instant game collections over ps+.

maouvin

- I prefer the Slim. Lighter, better battery, better shoulder buttons, non-proprietary charging port, and the LCD screen doesn't burn my eyes like the OLED one by having a bigger brightness range and better color calibration. The internal memory can't be used if a memory card is inserted, so it's basically useless;

- I'm going full digital (ok, 99%) since day one, have a 32gb card and don't feel like upgrading - right now I have 12gb free, but I periodically delete stuff (or backup to PC) I didn't play for a while. It depends on how many games you want to always carry with you, really. Either way, don't know what are your options on the UK, but people like to import from superufo.com - their site is super ugly, but they're legit and have good prices.

- Yes, but I wouldn't say it's guaranteed to work since routers and other network stuff can mess with it. I can remote play nicely 200km from home, but only after I got a nice router at home and set up my Vita on DMZ where I'm connecting from.

Thank you very much everyone! I think I will go with the Slim, by the sounds of it there are a lot more benefits. I might be downloading a lot of games so I will invest in a card of some size. What are the typical game file sizes? Most of the games I own already are indies from the instant game collections over ps+.

With Indies it can vary widely from a couple hundred mb to a couple gb.

When I had mine, I used a 32gb card with about 30 games on it ranging from idies to retail titles and still had a lot of room to spare.

Top Bottom