• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Walking Dead' companion series gets pilot greenlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how is season 4 of The Walking Dead? I stopped watching after the hilariously disappointing season 3 finale.

The first half is basically what everyone wanted from the season 3 finale.

The second half is much more character focused - there's very little action - where each episode is basically a vignette that is mostly unrelated to the other episodes, until the season finale where everything comes together.

It was a bold direction to take the show in even if it wasn't always successful at what it was trying to achieve.

Yup! Nailed it.

Kuroyume

Banned
The first half of season 4 was complete crap. What was it? The virus shit? I can't even remember. It became somewhat entertaining when the governer returned but ran off the rails after his attack. Only the mullet guy and the ginger saved it from total shit after that.

Squalor

Can we just all agree that when it comes to writing characters TWD has excellent writing but when it comes to world building and having moments to advance the plot around that world TWD HAS shit writing and leave it at that?
Haha, hell no.

The character development is the worst part about the show.

It has gotten better as they've killed off some characters the writers simply didn't know how to write and what to do with. However, that doesn't mean the remaining characters have good character development. They don't.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The first half of season 4 was complete crap. What was it? The virus shit? I can't even remember. It became somewhat entertaining when the governer returned but ran off the rails after his attack. Only the mullet guy and the ginger saved it from total shit after that.

First half = virus + Governor side story + bloodbath at the prison

Unless they can radically find a new and interesting spin on the premise, I don't see the point. But judgement reserved.

So how is season 4 of The Walking Dead? I stopped watching after the hilariously disappointing season 3 finale.

Easily the best season. The second half takes its time to breathe new life into the characters, with some beautifully conceived vignettes. I never cared for the show before then, but -at least for now- it's one of my most anticipated shows.

Helmholtz

Such a shame the show is garbage where the game is great. (haven't read the comics yet)

I hope we get a TWD show like the game someday.
I'm with you. I thought S1 of the game was great. Gave up on the show though.
For me the difference between the game and the show, is that I actually gave a shit about some of the game characters. Can't say the same for the show at all.

The Walking Deader: Brains Not Required?

The Walking Deader: Starving & Stupid?
I hope it's from the perspective of a tight knit group of Zombies who are just trying to communicate with the "un"dead. Of course things always go wrong and they watch as their companions repeatedly get slaughtered when their intentions are mis-communicated as attempting to dine on human flesh.

As long as the writing is good I don't have a problem with that

Have you watched The Walking Dead? It doesn't feature anything that could be classified as good writing.

This spinoff couldn't possibly be any worse than it, but I'm not holding out any hope that it will be good.

Jay Sosa

Jeez, chill out. People should be free to enjoy the show's writing (no matter how poor you find it to be) without being mocked for it.

Just ignore them, post like this don't even register with me anymore. In every TV show related thread (hell people even complained about some actors on the fucking Wire) someone has to tell us how horrible that or this actor is and oh my god hasn't the last season been simply horrible? And the pacing..MY GOD that awful pacing.

Parch

Time for some serious military vs horde action, like the WWZ books.
Have the show set on a military base near a large population that has turned. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. All breaks down when they think they can defeat the overwhelming numbers of the horde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom