• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilaul

Okay, last version for today since I need to sleep now; if you want to join HYPE town, then send me a message.

iY6sQ6n5KdDJr.jpg

Add me

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
It really is a shame about Ace because I won't be able to rub it in when Mario launches with the system.

I think 3rd-parties' best chance at exposure during Nintendo's own conference is a sizzle reel. At least I really hope so, because that would mean Nintendo'll be using their own time for their own games, and I really want that, much like most of the fanbase.

Nintendo will also be streaming a software showcase during E3, so I expect a lot of first party software to be featured there. I think that'll allow them to bring some third party devs into their own conference. We've actually seen some of that during their Nintendo Direct conferences, which have featured quite a few third party devs, and specifically developers that are working on exclusive content for them. We've all heard the criticisms leveled against Nintendo when it comes to third party support. Supporting those third party developers is one way of gaining that support back. You can do that through featuring them at conferences, ad campaigns etc. I think that Nintendo will do everything that they possibly can to eliminate those criticisms. And that should really kick in at E3.

Well, I think it is safe to say the mods are really going after posters they have perceived to be very one sides/console warriorish over the years.

So if your post history is reasonable, you should be fine.

If you it hasn't..I would just not post here until after E3!

Hmmm... I seem to debate a lot about one company in particular, though I can't act like I don't in other threads as well. Me and shadowlark have quite a bit of fun bantering back and forth in next-gen hardware threads. Or at least I have fun. I don't exactly agree with him completely, and we have vastly different ideas of what makes an appreciable tech increase (I don't see what people find impressive in screenshots of UE4 when Epic themselves state the largest differences are only really apparent in motion).

At the same time I find the WiiU a perfectly acceptable increase in tech. I can see some thinking that is hypocritical. It in a way can be interpreted as such, but my issue with UE4 is purely on the matter of consumer cost. The hardware necessary to run it with all the bells and whistles might be too much for such a weak market.

So for all the goods UE4 can do (realtime GI, bokeh DoF, their insane particle system) which can have a huge positive effect on game development (less reliance on prebaked lighting... a fairly time consuming task) I don't think the market can support it. The hardware while not exactly there in the console market can get close, but at potentially too high a cost for the market at large.

And I don't really want to go through a generation of analysis like "Console fatigue? Should MS, Nintendo, and Sony go iOS?"

daakusedo

What are the rumours for time splitters 4? I remember vaguely it was not looking so good...
And I'm surprised by the last missions from the 3, it looks like they took some clues from retro studio design for the futuristic levels.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All this talking about banning reminds me how much I miss Takao. That guy knew how to be gloomy about a recently launched console!

It does seem like they've started banning people for being partisan hacks instead of just for one post that goes overboard, though they will still ban you for that.

Posting in a thread is just like seasoning a dish; too much spice and it overpowers everything, but don't add any and you get bland food.

Permabans always seem so harsh. I rarely ever find them to be justified. I say the max ban should be 1 year unless someone says some truly vile shit.

None the less. E3 doesn't wait for anybody. Just over a week left.

effzee

Interesting. I would love to see a new and improved Killer Freaks, but I hope Nintendo shows it off if it's impressive.

Actually I think it works far better if a 3rd party takes the time out at their own conference to show of some of their exclusive content for the WiiU. First of all it allows Nintendo more time to focus on their own titles and other launch details. Secondly it gives the 3rd parties the opportunity to market their games more prominently while also showcasing the WiiU outside a Nintendo event.

And it will only be a day before Nintendo's own E3 conference so it won't be like a leak months in advance. In fact I believe IGN or same major gaming mag will reveal 1-2 two big news items the day before. It always happens.

HylianTom

Banned
Posting in a thread is just like seasoning a dish; too much spice and it overpowers everything, but don't add any and you get bland food.

Pretty much. We've gotta post just right.. like the Baby Bear's bowl of porridge.

232 hours remaining. I wonder when the crates and bulk items begin arriving in L.A..

Man, all this ban talk certainly doesn't sound encouraging to new users (like me), lol. :)
Nevertheless, may all the fallen ones ,,RIP''. Even I noticed that some of them were big parts of all the WiiU talk here.

What are the rumours for time splitters 4? I remember vaguely it was not looking so good...
And I'm surprised by the last missions from the 3, it looks like they took some clues from retro studio design for the futuristic levels.

Was there even any kind of official work (game involvement) from FreeRadical since they became Crytek UK?

Nope. For a mod who makes troll threads, seems pretty unfair.

Yeah, you're not going to get my sword on this crusade my friend.

Somebody says something and a mod posts it. From there, we're supposed to argue one way or another why the line of thinking is facetious or has merit. The larger issue is those coming in and offering little more than "Nintendo weak consoles lol" or "Defense Force powers activate."

I definitely have a slant toward Nintendo, and in a lot of ways that does color my posts. But those that actually elucidate a point I agree/disagree with I will post a response.

Blaming mods for words spoken is a losing battle, and one you won't find me joining you on.

Wolfie5

Anyway, I am still hyped for E3. I really hope we get a new Metroid game for Wii U come next week.
Considering we know Pikmin 3 will be shown at E3, makes E3 great for me automaticaly. But it would make E3 awesome if Metroid was announced and shown.

Edit:
I wonder how the next Metroid will be like? I just get the feeling that we might get a Metroid game 3rd person style(like Dead Space). What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom