• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found some Wii U related stuff. Nothing huge but still interesting.

Evergeek Media Inc., from their Linkedin page:
So a confirmation Wii U will provide content/services to read stuff while drinking your in café in the morning before going to work. Dat Project Café.

Judobaby Inc. in on board! : /

Can't wait to know what they've in... Oops! Forget.

And the last, The Awesome Game Studio (TAGS), a new Indian studio which will be at E3. From their Linkedin profile:
From their FB page an environment teaser for their next game. Possibly the Wii U one > https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150999352781320

And a teasing img, from their next console game as well >

534799_363325230390805_353262401397088_973701_590544712_n.jpg

About the studio:

Ouch... I get a lot of do not want vibes from all of this... its good to know but nothing I would beg for

good job finding the bits of info though

HylianTom

Banned
Okay. I'm at work on this, Monday morning. This is the final Monday morning before E3 Week.

I think that this is the point where I officially start to get antsy. Twitchy. Unable to concentrate.

My exam schedule today is sloooooow, today being a holiday and all. So today's going to take forever.

Wolfie5

1 week left. Lets do a leak guess.

Anyone think we will get a leak before E3 starts? If so, when? Will it be 1st party or 3rd party related?

I am guessing a leak will happen on friday and it will be 3rd party. There might also be 1st party leak as well, but that will happen on a Sunday is my guess.

Okay. I'm at work on this, Monday morning. This is the final Monday morning before E3 Week.

I think that this is the point where I officially start to get antsy. Twitchy. Unable to concentrate.

My exam schedule today is sloooooow, today being a holiday and all. So today's going to take forever.

Good you need to post 200 posts by the end of the day to make up for AceBandage's slacking off on his duty to be here

get back to your normal posting habit too reach a 2,000 posts by Friday to keep this thread alive :)

wsippel

Banned

Anyone think we will get a leak before E3 starts? If so, when? Will it be 1st party or 3rd party related?

I am guessing a leak will happen on friday and it will be 3rd party. There might also be 1st party leak as well, but that will happen on a Sunday is my guess.
My guess: Third party leak this week, small 1st party leak on Sunday or Monday.

Guess who's back!

vCyqE.jpg

G7vpv.jpg

u know this was a better design than the box Nintendo ended up with lol

AzaK

Hang in there HT! It will all be worth it.

disap.ed

If the system front would be one of its side, without any proportion change, i would feel then that it lacks depth, like a DVD player cut in half, vertically :(

Well my Blu-Ray-Player is also around 40x20cm in size, so this wouldn't look all that different.

Thraktor

To me it would seem that either they would go for actual GI/Radiosity or stick to what's used already. It would seem like a waste of transistors and silicon to have a portion dedicated to faking those things.

The thing about this is that, unless you're doing ray-tracing, all videogame lighting is faked. Progress is mainly made by more and more sophisticated ways of faking physically accurate lighting. The question is really what kind of techniques Nintendo are focusing on, and what hardware could be used to accelerate those techniques (I'm going to assume that any GPU customizations are going to be focused on lighting, given that that both tech demos emphasized lighting).

I don't really know what sort of GI techniques are used in games these days, so it's hard to say how they could be accelerated, but it could be something as simple as configuring the eDRAM in such a way to make deferred rendering as efficient as possible, or it could be an extra unit which performs a very specific task automatically. Unfortunately it's something we may not find out for years (unless any of us get to actually work on the machine), as these kind of things generally only get mentioned publicly in Gamasutra technical post-mortems, if ever.

BD1

Banned

At this point I don't even really want it to happen, but I think Retro's game will semi-leak over the weekend. Sort of like when Peer spilled the bananas on DKC Returns in 2010.

AzaK

At this point I don't even really want it to happen, but I think Retro's game will semi-leak over the weekend. Sort of like when Peer spilled the bananas on DKC Returns in 2010.
I'm with you. I'm happy for nothing to leak now we're so close. Smack me upside the head with everything on the day!

HylianTom

Banned
I'm with you. I'm happy for nothing to leak now we're so close. Smack me upside the head with everything on the day!
Pretty much. I want to be "Oh shitting" myself for a full hour on That Tuesday.

And then some more when the other two events occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom