• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Log4Girlz

No matter the hardware inside...fuck man I keep smellin the aroma of pure win with the Wii U. Its going to be the best Nintendo console of all time.

TriGen

Even if Reggie was pissed, what would that even change? I assume Nintendo always feels like they're in some sort of "war" with the competition. It's not like that means Nintendo can whip up Zelda, Smash, Mario, Metroid, and DK for launch just because Reggie is pissed and wants to battle. Even if it was true it seems like non-news.

How funny is it gonna be if E3 is a total flop for Nintendo, lol. Odds of that are low right now, but it would be funny and sad and funny and sad.

AzaK

OK, have fun lads and don't go too insane. I'm on hols for 4 days; a great chance to forget about E3 until the day before.

It's going to be so, so sweet.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I said dude on IRC chat. I think that reason enough to take it with a grain of salt.

The first time it could have been legit while now its an imposter.

From what I saw last week, I go the impressions he was a journalist.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
OK, have fun lads and don't go too insane. I'm on hols for 4 days; a great chance to forget about E3 until the day before.

It's going to be so, so sweet.

Are you going to miss my contest?

BlackJace

Even if Reggie was pissed, what would that even change? I assume Nintendo always feels like they're in some sort of "war" with the competition. It's not like that means Nintendo can whip up Zelda, Smash, Mario, Metroid, and DK for launch just because Reggie is pissed and wants to battle. Even if it was true it seems like non-news.

I think the war is how the company's mentality stacks up to the other two. Nintendo believes that for games to be fun, big Hollywood budgets and retina-frying graphics aren't needed.

Judging by many of the vocal crowds, it seems as though this mentality isn't winning among the "core" crowd.

I THINK that's what Reggie's mad about.

japtor

Maybe they should color it grey and purple if they want it to be the best Nintendo console ever.
More like spice orange.

Not that I believe that the blocks have anything to do with the actual names here but...
Code:
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Super Mario World 3

monster games' wave race
I've been calling for Excite Boat for weeks!

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
15 mins of orchestra, 15 mins of games you can buy elsewhere sooner, 10 mins of pikmin 3 demo, nsmb looking like an hd wii game, and a teaser for retro game coming out in a year.

/fin

Nintendo loses.
15 minutes of Reggie pausing in the middle of sentences.

HylianTom

Banned
15 mins of orchestra, 15 mins of games you can buy elsewhere sooner, 10 mins of pikmin 3 demo, nsmb looking like an hd wii game, and a teaser for retro game coming out in a year.

/fin

Nintendo loses.
Ouch.

And yet, you've nailed it. The biggest E3 failure since 2006.
The stuff of nightmares.

15 minutes of Reggie pausing in the middle of sentences.
yeah that shit adds up

Ouch.

And yet, you've nailed it. The biggest E3 failure since 2006.
The stuff of nightmares.
it's important we embrace the possibly harsh reality, in order to fully enjoy the opposite of that happening:

cool orchestra music before the conference starts, sizzle reel of 3DS games coming out, wiiU online shown, OS shown a bit, lots of 3rd party games, a few 3rd paty exclusives including at least 1 big one, pikmin 3 gameplay trailer looking great, NSMB looking better than people anticipated, better art style, clean 1080p goodness, retro game coming out at launch/launch window, partnerships with studios announced for future games and then it's over...

...lights go out, zelda wiiU teaser.

I'm waiting for Reggie to take the stage and announce that Nintendo has purchased the Ultima franchise from EA and hired Richard Garriott and friends to make an all new Wii-U Ultima adventure.

How funny is it gonna be if E3 is a total flop for Nintendo, lol. Odds of that are low right now, but it would be funny and sad and funny and sad.

I'm sure many parts will be total fails, notably the guaranteed casual demo's and other hipster shit bound to show up. I'm also predicting Nintendo hyping up lame crap, and also being way too vague about important things like online leaving people very suspicious about some things.

But I also predict some real megaton game announcements. I'm just not too excited about the mandatory droning on about biz and market speak by Reggie/Iwata. Investor/biz talk should be for investor meetings, E3 should be about entertainment and appealing to fans and consumers. Therefore, send Reggie and Iwata TEH's mandate to drop the one-sentence-at-a-time biz script, get some clever writers to do Reggie and Iwata's presence proud and focus on amazing announcements.

lol trailer of all the same games they showed last time, luigis mansion 2, animal crossing, paper mario, no release dates. THANKSFORCOMING.

"Now you may be saying to yourself, 'Reggie, didn't you show all these games last year?' Yes. We did."

No doubt about that. Theres a segment of people who no matter what Nintendo does because of the Wii U being what it is Nintendo is doomed and sucks no matter what

And on the other hand, even if it's somehow a complete shitshow(which would take some crazy skills by Nintendo to screw this one up), the ten-second glimpse of HD Mario will sent people into a tizzy and proclaiming them king of E3. Yahyah, Nintendo wins, Body is Reggie, durr hurr, wheeeee

HylianTom

Banned
it's important we embrace the possibly harsh reality, in order to fully enjoy the opposite of that happening:

cool orchestra music before the conference starts, sizzle reel of 3DS games coming out, wiiU online shown, OS shown a bit, lots of 3rd party games, a few 3rd paty exclusives including at least 1 big one, pikmin 3 gameplay trailer looking great, NSMB looking better than people anticipated, better art style, clean 1080p goodness, retro game coming out at launch/launch window, partnerships with studios announced for future games and then it's over...

...lights go out, zelda wiiU teaser.
True. It's just not that often that such dark thoughts are openly expressed. Scary.. and grounding. But i like. Anything above that will be met with sighs and cheers of relief and joy.

This E3 is going to tell us a lot about how much Nintendo "gets it." So I will be holding my breath a bit. :p

Gahiggidy

You know, I really don't see why people are so sure about NSMBWiiU being an actual game. The only word I know about it is from a Nintendo PR person, which is paper thin evidence.

C'mon now, Nintendo's not going to launch their first HD console with a 2D side-scroller.

I think a lot of people have already determined for themselves whether it's a flop or not.
probably, and it goes both ways. Some people have determined that it sucks already, and some will be satisfied even if the games don't look so hot.

I am personally not buying a whole new console for gaddamn pikmin 3 and some ubisoft shit I'll tell ya that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom