• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfteiroh

I didn't really understood the gameplay lol

but And Yet It Move also had a very unique premise; you had to control your character through mazes and you had to prevent him from falling over long distances so he doesn't die

the twist was that you turn and control the maze and not your character; the game was very well received and I remember I liked it a lot

[if I remember correctly, my mind may be completely fuck up ATM,lol]

I think that you play a bird that needs to get a gem to a certain place, and you control the angle you face and you have to manually flaps you wings... It looks like this anyway. And the wind seems really important. The flying physics seems really advanced for a 2D game.

people, just please stay put and don't do something to get yourself banned
too many casualties already
Best advice I can think of is to stay positive. I mean, don't sound like a corporate shill insisting your company of choice (obviously Nintendo if you're in here, but still) can do no wrong, but you also don't need to trash-talk other companies or diving right into defense force mode for those who choose to trash-talk said company of choice... However, if you've got something nice to say about something, by all means, say it. Civility is key, right?

I think that you play a bird that needs to get a gem to a certain place, and you control the angle you face and you have to manually flaps you wings... It looks like this anyway.
that would really make sense, it is a physic based game apparently; maybe it has gyro control for angle too?

Best advice I can think of is to stay positive. I mean, don't sound like a corporate shill insisting your company of choice (obviously Nintendo if you're in here, but still) can do no wrong, but you also don't need to trash-talk other companies or diving right into defense force mode for those who choose to trash-talk said company of choice... However, if you've got something nice to say about something, by all means, say it. Civility is key, right?
my advice: stay negative about everything Nintendo; lol

Elfteiroh

that would really make sense, it is a physic based game apparently; maybe it has gyro control for angle too?

my advice: stay negative about everything Nintendo; lol

Gyro control could be in. But it would feels more right as an option. Certainly not the only method of control.

And about negativity: No. It's not the solution. :/
This falls right into "Hive Mind" thinking,the reason AceBandage was banned. :/
The solution: Put down the tinfoil hats and enjoy the show, and stay calm and civil. :p

[EDIT]
Dman! Gonna be late for my job! Gotta go! :(

Aguila

#ICONIC
I need Nintendo's conference NOW to wash away the taste of the MS conference :/
Hopefully Sony's and Ubi's are better. I need a PS3 price drop and some good Wii U games from Ubisoft.

Comparing my OT to MS and EA's... mine is gonna look overkill.

A better press conference calls for a better OT!
I can only agree!

Gyro control could be in. But it would feels more right as an option. Certainly not the only method of control.

And about negativity: No. It's not the solution. :/
This falls right into "Hive Mind" thinking,the reason AceBandage was banned. :/
The solution: Put down the tinfoil hats and enjoy the show, and stay calm and civil. :p

[EDIT]
Dman! Gonna be late for my job! Gotta go! :(
yes, but I suppose maybe the 'other' platforms will be smartphones

--
just kidding; I really neither like trolling and hating, nor blind fanboyism
it's just as bad seeing people shit oversomething, as people defending something obviously wrong

haha, enjoy your work and stay safe :D
---

antonz

Thats good. If people are gonna volunteer in advance to do major threads they should be nicer than just a few lines of text.

Its E3 after all the once a year celebration of gaming

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
All I ask for is a legible thread from where you can gain access to notable links to streams and perhaps some kind of summary. Not that I need such personally, but I assume that is what most people would appreciate.

Does your thread contain a lot of graphics?

Linkhero1

Well, didn't Reggie say that they were going to let their partners talk about online play? That was last year, so things may have changed. I'd guess that Nintendo would prefer to discuss that stuff at their own conference.

I believe he did and I think they should. Third parties are all going to have different views on online so they will probably talk about their own online experiences with the Wii U.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Here's a preview.

TGACk.png

Rösti;38500310 said:
Does your thread contain a lot of graphics?

There's a few gifs, but it's all under 1MB.

Eradicate

So excited you guys, I really am! I only wonder what the 3rd parties today will show.

And BY2K, are you doing the OT for Nintendo's conference or something else? I never noticed anything mentioning it. I can't wait to see it!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So, lots of people seem to think that Nintendo's conference will be the answer to Microsoft's more casual conference.

What happens when Nintendo shows something like Wii U Sports for 10 minutes? :p

Linkhero1

So, lots of people seem to think that Nintendo's conference will be the answer to Microsoft's more casual conference.

As long as the remaining 50 mins is not full of Wii U ____ type games, I won't care :)

I just hope they don't focus on multiplats; even Wii Sports U will be fine in my book.

And hopefully, they will show some one 'play' the game; not just bring someone to 'talk' about gameplay

but honestly; it's Nintendo, they will at least have a few surprises here and there [crossing fingers for a Retro game]

Wow, EA is doing it right. "Hey, we'll show you just games, and we're showing what it looks like to play them, and no dancing or crazytown involved!"

edit: That's an opinion on the conference presentation, not of the games themselves.

EDIT: I take it back. Second game and they already pull in a celebrity.

edit: Telling his life story

God...like I said in the EA thread, every game plays the same these days. So discouraging. But it just hyped me up to see things like Mario and Pikmin and whatnot even more.

Still worried about retro trying to imitate the same old same old though. Hope I'm wrong.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
God...like I said in the EA thread, every game plays the same these days. So discouraging. But it just hyped me up to see things like Mario and Pikmin and whatnot even more.

Still worried about retro trying to imitate the same old same old though. Hope I'm wrong.

Yup had the same thought.

Ala Alba

Wow, EA is doing it right. "Hey, we'll show you just games, and we're showing what it looks like to play them, and no dancing or crazytown involved!"

edit: That's an opinion on the conference presentation, not of the games themselves.

As they are a game company, I'm not quite sure what else they could possibly be doing, but perhaps I need my mind expanded.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If they don't show FIFA here, this means that the NDA is still on for EA. Isn't just Ubisoft the one who clared that they would have shown Wii U games?

EA's football social integration is very Wii U like (with using different devices to interact with the system). Nintendo was smart to have their Nintendo Direct to precede it.

I've already accepted the fact that anything worthwhile Wii U related will have to wait till tomorrow, and we will have to wait for it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom