• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I wouldn't count on massive third party support. Especially for titles already long into development.

There has to be some sort of NDA going on- EA would not just completely ignore a new platform like this.

Linkhero1

Dead Space 3 will most likely not come to the Wii U. I noticed a trend during the conference. EA has not put Xbox 360 and PS3 logos with a lot of the titles they have shown except for DS3. DS3 and I believe SimCity were the only two games where the platforms were mentioned.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
All press releases by EA make no mention of Wii U versions. I'm guessing they are still under NDA because you would think at leas they would reveal FIFA for it.

I really don't care about small titles like Crysis or DS3;

I think the over all support will be important; will FIFA be watered down? Will AC be there? Will Battlefield be there?

After all, EA is business too, and I too don't believe bringing smaller profile games over to a new console is going to make business sense

Sagitario

Indie game Chasing Aurora is getting released in the Nintendo WiiU eShop. Gameplay videos here and here.
"VIENNA, Austria – May 31, 2012 – Broken Rules announced the Nintendo Wii U™ eShop as the official launch platform of their game Chasing Aurora today. This highly anticipated indie game is scheduled to be released in late 2012. Chasing Aurora is an aerial action game that is set in the thin air of the Alps. It is a 2D open world action game featuring physics-based flight and air combat. The game has been nominated at the A MAZE Indie Games Award 2012 and was first shown to the public at LunarCade Shanghai.

Confirmed key features of the game include:
- Unique physics-based flight inspired by the age-old dream of human aviation.
- A fresh and mysterious world to explore.
- Outstanding 2D vector- and pixel-based art style right in the middle between origami and pop-up book.
- Challenging creature AI and spectacular physics- and frame-based animation.
- Original soundtrack performed on Alpine instruments andcomposed by Christof Dienz.
- A story-based single player campaign told without words.
- At least 4 different multiplayer game modes, some f them asymmetricand specifically built around the unique features of the Wii U™ GamePad."

I guess it's nice to see indie and small devs developing for the WiiU shop? Let's see how this turns out.

This look interesting. Liking the birds style a lot.

Hiltz

It's depressing how so many sequel shooters are being shown off at E3. It's almost like we're watching the same type of games. I need some Nintendo entertainment right about now. While the Big N is well known for milking its franchises and not being a big supporter of original IPs, at least we can expect stuff beyond first and third-person shooters.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Dead Space 3 will most likely not come to the Wii U. I noticed a trend during the conference. EA has not put Xbox 360 and PS3 logos with a lot of the titles they have shown except for DS3. DS3 and I believe SimCity were the only two games where the platforms were mentioned.

I don't know. In the past years, we've had only PS360 and PC versions shown, but then, they announced Wii / DS / PSP / 3DS versions of games. So, it's still possible.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So judging by the boxart showings, no DS3, Need for Speed, or Crysis.

aeroslash

Nothing wii U on the EA conference. And many games announced specifically for ps360 and PC? Guys...i'm starting to worry...

I've been saying for some time that I expect GTA5 to be announced at Nintendo's conference. The lack of it as the MS conference just confirms that to me. I don't expect it to be at the Sony conference because everyone expects it to be on the PS3 (just like they expect it to be on the 360). So, it really wouldn't be a big deal for them to announce it. For Nintendo it would be a huge deal.

I just hope there's not too many flame wars and outrage when Reggie shows off GTA V Wii U: Toonces Edition:

reggieTVs.gif

E3 games until now are really lacklustre. Nothing really new.
Even sadder, CING is dead and cannot rescue us :(
the stuff we're confirmed to see from sony and nintendo are enough to salvage e3 for me. (Sony: last of us, beyond, etc.. and Nintendo: pikmin, mario, etc...).

But yeah so far so meh.

Penguin

Someone please slap me if this has already been discussed to death/promptly debunked. I found it on GameFAQs, who got it from nintendo culture.

My eyes may be old.. but it looks like the old controller.. photoshopped... I mean based on the height of the thumbs appear to be the circle pads and not analog sticks, could be wrong.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Decent shop, but looks fake to me. Can't imagine why someone would do this so close to the conference.

Of course, it could be real. :/ Would be disappointing...

Zero148

Well it wouldn't be a leak considering they have said they will be showing WiiU stuff.

I know, that should be the point of my post. should have written "leak" :D

the worst case is PS360 Version of the games but WiiU games confirmed, so no real WiiU footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom