• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Also, it sounds like maybe Killer Freaks being demoed tomorrow?

GamesBeat: Is the zombie title going to be a launch title, most likely?

Poix: Yes. We have huge support from Nintendo on this title, huge support. You’ll see something tomorrow at our conference, and then something else at the Nintendo one.

StevieP

Banned
Wonder if that shitty-looking zombie game from the controller reveal yesterday was Ubisoft's Wii U exclusive "Zombie U"

lol
Would make sense.
Reading that interview, it makes me sad that I would have to play that (shooter) with only the Wii U pad. They say it doesn't support the Wiimote.

Fuck you gamers for being so pig-headed :(
lol

Haha, exactly I was kinda shocked to see that pop up.

It suddenly strikes me that this has been an incredibly shooter-heavy E3. I was musing at how different it was for everything to look green and have naked ladies that it took quite some time before I noticed that the game otherwise feels like seemingly the majoriy of games that have been shown so far. Except maybe for Sim City, but just wait 'til next year!

"Sim City Assault" Design you own city, then fight massive multiplayer battles once you're done!

Wait, that doesn't sound all to horrible, now that I think about it.

(also, it seems like they're using F-bombs as a selling point this year -- I think we've finally transcended to the point where M-rated games couldn't possibly get any less mature)

edit: It is cool to learn that it's a nonlinear exploration game, though (I haven't played the series).

schuelma

So 8 Ubisoft titles confirmed.

AC3
Rayman Legends
Zombie U
Just Dance
Rabbids
Ghost Recon Online
Splinter Cell?
Killer Freaks?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow--confirmation of no more Killer Freaks.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kart racing on the toilet. Day one.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Zombie game looked dreadful in the Nintendo Direct thing, and I'm shattered Killer Freaks was replaced with this shit. Boo.

schuelma

Yeah I hated the title, but Killer Freaks sounded better than another zombie game.

Dr.Hadji

You know, I'd say I'm sick of zombies but........ its such a great base concept. All it needs is a little twist and boom you're right back to having that same feeling you had when you first played Resident Evil.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
And if looks anything like it did in the Nintendo Direct video I guess I'm validated in my belief that some Wii U games would look worse than current gen 360/PS3 games. The snapshots in that looked like shit.

schuelma

And if looks anything like it did in the Nintendo Direct video I guess I'm validated in my belief that some Wii U games would look worse than current gen 360/PS3 games. The snapshots in that looked like shit.

Yeah....I really really hope it looks better than that.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
What is that controller being used for AC3 demo; I don't recognize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom