• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOLOL where's the original gif from lol dying here lol

lol It's from Toonces the Driving Cat, a classic series of Saturday Night Live skits from the '80s and early '90s:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonces_the_Driving_Cat

I've posted the gif many times before in the Wii threads. Then last week I requested somebody make it E3/Reggie themed, so Gahiggidy added the pan-out with classic 'Reggie whattaya gonna do?' pose, the man is a genius.

Decent shop, but looks fake to me. Can't imagine why someone would do this so close to the conference.

[spoilerOf course, it could be real. :/ Would be disappointing...[/spoiler]

Not if it's a 2D revival. :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Oh and I know I linked to an article calling Rayman a Wii U exclusive, but they did not act like it was at the press conference- I assume it is coming everywhere.

BlackJace

And if looks anything like it did in the Nintendo Direct video I guess I'm validated in my belief that some Wii U games would look worse than current gen 360/PS3 games. The snapshots in that looked like shit.

They probably didn't want to put any time in what was a short teaser so they just threw in some crap. One can hope.

aeroslash

What is that controller being used for AC3 demo; I don't recognize it.

PS3.

That's something i've been watching. All the good games from Ea and Ubi have been demoed on ps360. Great for watching the 3rd party support you announced Nintendo.

I'm sorry guys, but this is simply disgusting.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
This is a bit ridulous, even the greatest acrobats would be slipping and sliding running onto snow covered trees and brush.

Redford

aka Cabbie
It's gotta be an NDA. No way they'd stab them in the back.

Welp, not like I gave a fuck about Ubisoft in the first place.

Can't believe they canned KF. I didn't much care for it but replacing it with an even shittier looking game called "Zombie U"? Is that the actual bloody title?

Hmm, why doesn't that interview mention Killer Freaks?

Pretty sure they specifically mentioned after the trailer played, that ZombiU is the evolution of Killer Freaks. I don't think you will be seeing Killer Freaks anymore. It turned into ZombiU, at least that is what I got from the conference.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
PS3.

That's something i've been watching. All the good games from Ea and Ubi have been demoed on ps360. Great for watching the 3rd party support you announced Nintendo.

I'm sorry guys, but this is simply disgusting.

ACIII was on the Gamepad earlier when they showed the collection of Ubisoft games coming to Wii U.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I so much liked the dark humor of the alien invasiion from kille freaks. :(

I am looking like mad for a link that allows me to download Nintendo's press conference tomorrow after work without having to visit individual web pages and possibly get spoiled on what was shown/announced. Is anyone else in the same boat as I am?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
After watching that trailer I'm absolutely convinced the violence in video games has hit a ridiculous level. Absolutely unnecessary.

Even worse was Geoff Keighley freaking out like a psychopath after it happened.
The guy's neck being sliced with the blunt edge of the sword made me cringe. I definitely hear you.

That said, the game looks fantastic. Typical Platinum polish.

And if looks anything like it did in the Nintendo Direct video I guess I'm validated in my belief that some Wii U games would look worse than current gen 360/PS3 games. The snapshots in that looked like shit.

This was always pretty much guaranteed, even if it were far faster than it actually is.

That said, so far the interesting games to me as Tomb Raider, Rayman and SimCity. Maaaaaybe South Park, but that's just nostalgia speaking. Most everything else looked like the same game, and it was a game I wasn't very interested in. Assassin's Creed III has a nice, fresh setting that I'd like to see more of, but the gameplay didn't particularly interest me. RE6 looked better than RE5, but I think there's still something missing. It's possible the game is better than we see in that vid, though.

This is discounting some stuff like the Kinect games, which I should give a bit more of a fair look at. I don't find them promising so far, though.

Calling out plays in football and similar voice stuff is pretty neat, though… if it works as well as the conference. We've seen how Kinect conference gameplay differs from Kinect real world gameplay, though.

Instro

Can only hope that it actually looks better or was not very far along, lol. What a stupid game.

I'm kind of glad Killer Freaks got changed. No way they were going to pull it off, they probably realized it as well during development. Hopefully the Zombie game is a legit, open world ish, suburban/city survival game and not some linear FPS, which would suck.

Elfteiroh

So I'm at work, on my break and I do a quick drop here to see what's new ... And I learn that Killer Freak is now a zombie game... Wow. What a hype killer. Damn you ubisoft!!! I was all over it! T_T

Pretty sure they specifically mentioned after the trailer played, that ZombiU is the evolution of Killer Freaks. I don't think you will be seeing Killer Freaks anymore. It turned into ZombiU, at least that is what I got from the conference.

Yeah, I made that post a few minutes before that was mentioned at the conference. :p

test_account

XP-39C²
It's gotta be an NDA. No way they'd stab them in the back.

Welp, not like I gave a fuck about Ubisoft in the first place.

Can't believe they canned KF. I didn't much care for it but replacing it with an even shittier looking game called "Zombie U"? Is that the actual bloody title?
I thought about NDA too, that Nintendo wanted to show everything first at their press conferance. But after seeing Rayman Legends being demoed on the WiiU at the Ubisoft press conferance, i dont think there is any NDA in place now. I think it is more likely that Nintendo has arranged so that 3rd parties will show the WiiU versions at the Nintendo conferance tomorrow. If that doesnt happen, then i dont know.

I didn't think of that. If that IS indeed the game, ubisoft should feel shame :/

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have to admit that outside of NFS: Most Wanted, the rhythm stage of Rayman Legends was the coolest thing I've seen so far. Absolutely amazing.

aeroslash

ACIII was on the Gamepad earlier when they showed the collection of Ubisoft games coming to Wii U.

I know it's coming. It's just that to me it seems that if nintendo really wanted to show the different approach to third parties they've been saying, they needed to secure that at least one of this big names was playing on wii u.

I'm sure the zombie game it's on a very early stage, but if that's what can we expect, we are facing another wii to ps360 situation. People will be laughing at it, next year when 720 and ps4 are presented.

Gahiggidy

CTOS,

Finally, a game for paranoid shut-ins.

test_account

XP-39C²
I know it's coming. It's just that to me it seems that if nintendo really wanted to show the different approach to third parties they've been saying, they needed to secure that at least one of this big names was playing on wii u.
I think it is more likely that you'll see this at the Nintendo conferance. Splinter Cell was first shown at the MS conferance, but they also showed a fair share of it at the Ubisoft conferance. I'd be really surprised if we dont see any big 3rd party games being demoed tomorrow at Nintendo's conferance. I think that AC3 and/or Black Ops 2 are good bets.

Plinko

I'm sure the zombie game it's on a very early stage, but if that's what can we expect, we are facing another wii to ps360 situation. People will be laughing at it, next year when 720 and ps4 are presented.

Nothing is stopping Ubisoft's guys from appearing on stage tomorrow to introduce it.

Gahiggidy

CTOS,

This game has a creepy vibe to it.

schuelma

ZombiU will probably not be good, but Killer Freaks probably wasn't going to be good either.

AC3 and Rayman Legends look great.

I think it is more likely that Nintendo has arranged so that 3rd parties will show the WiiU versions at the Nintendo conferance tomorrow. If that doesnt happen, then i dont know.

Yeah, most announced multiplatform titles that aren't confirmed for Wii U tomorrow, either during the press conference itself or in the post-presser release list, probably aren't coming. Though I suppose a few titles could prove exceptions, particularly 2013 releases.

schuelma

So it looks like new Ubisoft IP Watch Dogs is not for Wii U right now. Not a good sign IMO.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
wow, been on the IRC + because of the many GAF downs + busy, i have more than 15 pages to catch-up :(

Heya guys :)

So, did you liked ZombiU ? :D

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
wow, been on the IRC + because of the many GAF downs + busy, i have more than 15 pages to catch-up :(

Heya guys :)

So, did you liked ZombiU ? :D
Well, there wasn't much to see except for pre-rendered (I assume it was pre-rendered) footage. That thing at the end with some crowd scene looked nice but was too brief to actually demonstrate anything. Maybe we will see more tomorrow. Show floor is bound to have some kind of demonstration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom