• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkscz

96Sgs.gif

Microsoft, defiantly. Didn't watch EA so don't know, and Sony is yet to be seen.

Roo

You know what would be funny?... Ubisoft saying they want to be the number one third party game company for Wii U and then announcing a new badass IP skipping (ironically) Wii U

Linkhero1

You know what would be funny?... Ubisoft saying they want to be the number one third party game company for Wii U and then announcing a new IP skipping (ironically) Wii U

No Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, or Far Cry 3 for the Wii U. Isn't it awesome how third party is jumping on board with the Wii U? Nintendo's going to have to do a lot to convince me the Wii U won't end up being the Wii/GC in terms of third party.

WTF at that. Are we supposed to feel fairly treated by the absence of Far Cry/Splineter Cell/Watch Dogs because Rayman is now exclusive? That's weak.

Well, not even 24 hours to find out for certain what is going on. If that does hold true though it would just be Ubisoft being Ubisoft.

You know what would be funny?... Ubisoft saying they want to be the number one third party game company for Wii U and then announcing a new badass IP skipping (ironically) Wii U

I don't know, I thought it was quite hilarious when they said that about the Wii and then proceeded to crap out half a dozen broken Xbox ports to satisfy that goal.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
WTF at that. Are we supposed to feel fairly treated by the absence of Far Cry/Splineter Cell/Watch Dogs because Rayman is now exclusive? That's weak.

I will be fake internet dollars Rayman is not an exclusive.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
ZombiU will be very fun guys, don't worry too much. For the aesthetics, i'm not sure, but for the gamedesign, the ideas, the utilization of Wii U features, the asymmetric gameplay, we will be pleased and served :)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
How's that even possible?

There are 2 big Ninty conferences.

They will be good, people.

Long ass boring demos of 3rd party multiplats. Wii U Sports demo. Other bullshit.

It's possible. On the other hand, I hope 1st party software is fantastic.

Pretty disappointed Watch Dogs might not be on the Wii U. Not a great sign.

I hope Ubi is working on it now. It would suck not to get a game that looks that good.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I personally think Ubisoft is bullshitting about Watch Dogs on 360/PS3. I think they are making it for next gen platforms, but want to get those customer bases following the game's development.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Effect

I personally think Ubisoft is bullshitting about Watch Dogs on 360/PS3. I think they are making it for next gen platforms, but want to get those customer bases following the game's development.

The footage was from the PC version they admitted. So I wouldn't be surprised if it is for those other systems. Though it could seriously be toned down for the PS3/360. I just hope there is a Wii U version and it looks like the PC version.

When they show Star Fox Wii U, all potential problems will go away.

Still, can't even get Far Cry 3, WTF. I was kinda hoping they would wash the bad taste out of my mouth from Far Cry Vengeance

250px-Far_Cry_Vengeance_-_Box_Front.jpg

Instro

ZombiU will be very fun guys, don't worry too much. For the aesthetics, i'm not sure, but for the gamedesign, the ideas, the utilization of Wii U features, the asymmetric gameplay, we will be pleased and served :)

The details form the press release sound interesting, but really if the game looks ugly then that would be pretty embarrassing.

TunaLover

So much waiting for nothing =(
No more NDA, or time development excuses, 3rd parties just are not going to big resources behind Wii U. That´s the thing.

Kokonoe

Banned
The most thing i'm anticipating with the U Pad is for it to be hacked to work on PC, and being able to stream your PC on it. Semi-Portable Dolphin Gamecube would be great.

schuelma

So much waiting for nothing =(
No more NDA, or time development excuses, 3rd parties just are not going to big resources behind Wii U. That´s the thing.

Well, let's see what is announced tomorrow. There was clearly a NDA for non Ubisoft stuff. But I'm not particularly encouraged.

ozfunghi

Well, after suffering Wii graphics for 6 years, buying mediocre looking games on what is supposed to be the most powerful console at the moment, is not an option. Sorry. If they can't bring decent graphics to a platform exclusive game, fuck it.

bachikarn

Someone here stalked LinkedIn profiles and found out that people kept leaving the Killer Freaks project. Doesn't bode well that it will be any good.

schuelma

Sony ended.

Vita is dead.

No megatons at all.

Nintendo is primed

Sony ended.

Vita is dead.

No megatons at all.

Nintendo is primed

How well you do isn't based on how many megatons you drop. Sony had a well-rounded conference, with games varied enough that it looks as if Microsoft just released ten consecutive Call of Duty trailers. The only things I really didn't like was that movie that wasn't a game even slightly in the first ten minutes and the excessively long demo of the Wonderbook, which in itself is a cute idea that uses the earlier "Sorcery" demo in a way that'll probably end up being more fun that what we would have otherwise gotten.

edit: With respect to the Vita, they do seem to be stressing their business relationship on the newly renamed PlayStation Mobile now, so that might be telling.

schuelma

How well you do isn't based on how many megatons you drop. Sony had a well-rounded conference, with games varied enough that it looks as if Microsoft just released ten consecutive Call of Duty trailers. The only things I really didn't like was that movie that wasn't a game even slightly in the first ten minutes and the excessively long demo of the Wonderbook, which in itself is a cute idea that uses the earlier "Sorcery" demo in a way that'll probably end up being more fun that what we would have otherwise gotten.

It was ok, Last of Us looks awesome. Just saying the bar for Nintendo to "win" is incredibly low.

And the Vita showing was just sad.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Tomorrow Reggie has to show up and say "my body is ready" and then walk away, and Nintendo has already won E3. Seriously awful conferences from the other 2.

Not even going to lie...if The Last of Us is the best a Wii U game could look(assuming it was around the power of the ps3), I am perfectly fine with that. Talk about stunning, and that is on top of having good animation that most games lack.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Well, after suffering Wii graphics for 6 years, buying mediocre looking games on what is supposed to be the most powerful console at the moment, is not an option. Sorry. If they can't bring decent graphics to a platform exclusive game, fuck it.

Same idea here. I've waited too long to settle on stuff that compromises on production.

Nintendo is going to destroy Microsoft and Sony tomorrow and for good reason. I held out hope that Sony would wake up to their current failures but alas, they decided to play stupid and continue down the path of irrelevancy. My response? Bring on the Wii U, assholes. Wii U, 3DS, and PC going forward.

schuelma

Nintendo is going to destroy Microsoft and Sony tomorrow and for good reason. I held out hope that Sony would wake up to their current failures but alas, they decided to play stupid and continue down the path of irrelevancy. My response? Bring on the Wii U, assholes. Wii U, 3DS, and PC going forward.

Yeah Nintendo wil "win" E3 in the first 10 minutes probably. Just one sizzle reel.

volpone

Banned
The fact that Nintendo may demo Zombi tomorrow has me worried.

Sony's conference was pretty good barring that bizarre book game and its extended demo - but there weren't any major revelations.

It's all up to Nintendo now. I need some surprises goddammit.

I cannot express my frustration in words right now.

How about "I am frustrated"?

It was ok, Last of Us looks awesome. Just saying the bar for Nintendo to "win" is incredibly low.

And the Vita showing was just sad.

I liked God of War Ascension, Assassin's Creed: Naval Warfare (which looked tons better than the other AC3 demo we saw), and Last of Us (I thought it was Uncharted on account of all the excessively brutal killing, and because the guy looks like Nathan just didn't shave for a few extra days). They showed a pretty good first party overall variety, and we already know that they'll just get all the big third party titles by default. Nintendo will of course have a great first party selection, but they have to really impress on the third party front to perk up some ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom