• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
But yes, it was a great pleasure to participate in these threads, everybody brought something interesting or fun :)

We're almost there guys and gals. You all took the WUST beyond what I imagined it would be. All I expected was to make a thread that would be a receptacle for Wii U news bits to keep Gaming-Age from being cluttered up. It was my personal goal to try and bring up things worth discussing and find info to hold us over till we got to this point. I hope you feel that I accomplished my goals, and if you don't, well I tried. I think we're in for a real treat today and I hope Nintendo can pull off an entertaining hour for us.

It was well appreciated man, thanks.

Levels of hype are rising at an alarming rate. Damn you Nintendo for making me so hyped about the WiiU, i've lost many productive weeks reading these threads, it's been a great ride.

I really hope they blow us away today, and i am pretty confident they will.
fixed for my situation, lol

---
Imagine remastered GC titles being digital download; imagine HD Wind Waker [whishful thinking, I know :D]

We're almost there guys and gals. You all took the WUST beyond what I imagined it would be. All I expected was to make a thread that would be a receptacle for Wii U news bits to keep Gaming-Age from being cluttered up. It was my personal goal to try and bring up things worth discussing and find info to hold us over till we got to this point. I hope you feel that I accomplished my goals, and if you don't, well I tried. I think we're in for a real treat today and I hope Nintendo can pull off an entertaining hour for us.
all I have to say, is thank you :)

Eradicate

So nervous.... I'm going to try to study a bit, but it's gonna be impossible lol

ant-farm-text-book-throw-o.gif

It's E3 man! Get that book outta here!

(Good luck studying!)

monome

That Majora's mask has something off about it...

Would Nintendo play the spooky card when advertising a Zelda? They expect the game to be known but for the rest of people...it's kinda of weird, and a radical departure from Skyward Sword marketing campaign.

z0m3le

Banned
So Ubisoft is the most on the ball Developer right now? amazing... not only are they heavily supporting Wii U, coming out with brand new IPs, bringing their AAA games to all 3 main platforms, but they are even supporting Vita when Sony basically forgets about it. Sure it's a spin off, but at least it's a proper handheld exclusive.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
You did fine, me thinks.

Zero148

Hype is rising to heaven, everything is prepared for da bombs being dropped.

only 1 hour und 47 minutes (+x minutes, we know our Nintendo) to go

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
sorry guys, is it possible to add in the OP the links where to follow the conf? or there will be the pre-conf thread in the gaming area soon?

HylianTom

Banned
If those in the gaming media are disappointed they only have themselves to blame. For years they were the ones constantly praising shooter after shooter. Dismissing anything else that was possibly colorful and not over the top violent as casual and not for the "core" or "mature" gamer, aka the real gamer. Now that the industry is the way it is they want to be upset!? No! They helped create this problem they are having issues. They used their position and influence to cause this problem.

Pretty much. This is their monster that they're been nurturing over the past years. No pity for them if they find that "the thrill is gone." Violence and gore sells, and developers took that cue from the market and ran with it, and now people are getting tired, bored, or a bit disturbed by it? I was wondering how long it would take..

---

And thank you, bg.. I was always happy to see your avatar around, because it meant good things.. :)

Kokonoe

Banned
LTTP Remake = 1
New Zelda = 2
Zelda Pinball = 1

That Majora's mask has something off about it...

Would Nintendo play the spooky card when advertising a Zelda? They expect the game to be known but for the rest of people...it's kinda of weird, and a radical departure from Skyward Sword marketing campaign.

Nintendo will do just about anything.

Levels of hype are rising at an alarming rate. Damn you Nintendo for making me so hyped about the WiiU, i've lost many productive hours reading these threads, it's been a great ride.

I really hope they blow us away today, and i am pretty confident they will.

No fair :(

Well at least I got tomorrow off.
yes, not fair :D
but I don't have tomorrow off, lol

---
btw, I don't have any bingo card, forgot to PM gahiggidy after being unbanned
bummer :(

Tim-E

Name it now.

What Zelda title do you want to see at e3?

Can only pick 1.

I think the most I'd like to see is a Link to the Past remake.

I honestly want a Zelda break, I think. Last year I was hit with Zelda fatigue. Ocarina of Time 3D, Link's Awakening virtual console, Four Swords Adventures, and Skyward Sword all in one year. I'd be able to get more excited about a Zelda game in the future, but not right now.

Linkhero1

I just want to say one thing before the conference happens and everything I say gets lost in the chaotic amount of posts. I've really enjoyed speculating about the Wii U with all of you guys. I don't think I've ever fit in a community so well. You guys make NintenGAF great. Whatever happens during the conference, I want you guys to know that you're awesome.

Thank You NintenGAF

monome

New HD IPs on new HD console.
Do it. Get my moneyz. And launch at 350€ with a game, otherwise there will be shortages...

HylianTom

Banned
I just want to say one thing before the conference happens and everything I say gets lost in the chaotic amount of posts. I've really enjoyed speculating about the Wii U with all of you guys. I don't think I've ever fit in a community so well. You guys make NintenGAF great. Whatever happens during the conference, I want you guys to know that you're awesome.

Thank You NintenGAF

/me raises glass.

"Here, here!"

Mistle

Have things leaked so close to the conference before? I usually sleep then wake up for it, but tonight I'm going to stay up. Don't want some awesome surprise to be spoiled though :O

I think I remember reading DKCR leaked

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Thank You NintenGAF

Aw, I feel the same way. :)

I'm so hype right now, btw. Just woke up! :D

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Have things leaked so close to the conference before? I usually sleep then wake up for it, but tonight I'm going to stay up. Don't want some awesome surprise to be spoiled though :O

I think I remember reading DKCR leaked

NSMBWii and Retro's Kong leaked the day before their respective E3's.

jacksrb

These threads have certainly been contained fun for a long time - I am sure we will be gathering a lot more between now and launch.

Thanks to bga, lherre, whispel, and ideaman (and everyone) for the info...

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Gaming "journalism" at its finest. They aren't even supposed to serve the same purpose.

I don't watch G4, though, as it's equivalent to getting a minor lobotomy.

I don't usually either. I was watching the Sony Presser there on my HDTV and right after Morgan and crew popped up and before I knew it, the statement was coming out of Kevin's mouth.

Why are people making comparisons between the two?

I see the similarity, but SmartGlass is more for accessing content in movies, controlling the 360 menu, and some small features during video games. For example, if you have your tablet connected to SmartGlass and are playing Halo 4, you get in depth information on your tablet by scanning certain areas in the game. In madden, you can choose play calls and draw up plays on the fly.

So yes, it is very WiiU-ish in a lot of ways. But the main problems here are the following:
A. You have a two-handed controller that needs to be put down to access any content on your tablet/phone/etc.
B. This is an expensive version of GBA/GCN connectivity. Similar to PS Vita connectivity to the PS3, you already need to have a smartphone/tablet along with the app (I'm assuming here) to access the content. Obviously the Wii-U has everything included in the box.

While SmartGlass is a really cool idea, and by far has the most potential out of all the out-of-the-box connectivity interactions (it has a ton of potential when coupled with Kinect), it is a far way away from actually being and having as much potential ability to effect gaming positively like the WiiU gamepad does (IMO).

Tim-E

Thank You NintenGAF

<3 I spent more time lurking here than posting, but this is my favorite community on GAF. I posted about this a day or two ago, but this is the only community on this website that isn't filled to the brim with overwhelming cynicism. Being a new father I am trying my best to shake off how cynical of a person I used to be and instead focus on the things I do enjoy. Cynicism gets a person absolutely nowhere in the end and is such an unappealing characteristic.

So yeah, it's nice to see a community that isn't all the time trying to start flame wars and talk about the things they hate.

The Speculation has been fun, NintenGAF. Bring on the Anticipation Thread.

Pikmin 3
New Super Mario World
Miiverse
Retro FPS
LoZ Pinball

Indyana

Thank You NintenGAF
So say we all!

<3 I spent more time lurking here than posting, but this is my favorite community on GAF. I posted about this a day or two ago, but this is the only community on this website that isn't filled to the brim with overwhelming cynicism. Being a new father I am trying my best to shake off how cynical of a person I used to be and instead focus on the things I do enjoy. Cynicism gets a person absolutely nowhere in the end and is such an unappealing characteristic.

So yeah, it's nice to see a community that isn't all the time trying to start flame wars and talk about the things they hate.

Here here.

My hype levels would be nowhere close to where they are now without you guys. Thanks you for helping me disrupt my sleep patterns these last few months and speculate about a console we knew almost nothing about. It's been an exercise of the imagination.

Tim-E

Wait.. do we get to do an Anticipation Thread right after E3?!

Official Wii U Anticipation Thread I: The Final Wait Begins

I think there should be a permanent NintenGAF thread somewhere in community even after this event and the console releases. We brahs, man.

Sadist

Thank You NintenGAF
pHpYE.gif

ThankeeSai

Pretty much this.

The insanity and speculation in all these threads has kept me thoroughly entertained on boring days in work. Long may it continue after the conference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom