• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

lednerg

I bet we'll get some exclusive scoop about a Wii U game from print media before E3, just like with the Red Steel article way back when.

Why today, my good man.
Ooh, happy Bday :) birthdayskeleton.jpg

I actually don't want anything that's going to be revealed at E3 to be leaked early. I want to have some more good stuff to look forward to, and it's only a few more days anyway.

Of course, that precludes any more loose lips (RIP B00SH).

HylianTom

Banned
I want Nintendo's entire press conference leaked an hour before it starts.
I think it'd be time for me to put my fingers in my ears with my eyes closed at that point, with me yelling loudly, "lalalalalala..."

No more major spoilers, please.

And a prediction: as soon as the first official Nintendo E3 threads appear, this place is gonna sloooow doooown.

(Happy B-Day, Ace! Ripdidalipdipdipdip it's your birthday! Ripdidalipdipdipdip it's your birthday!)

DrWong

So... Who's going to leak something on my birthday?
I've a friend/former colleague working now for Rockstar UK, as a QA tester. Yesterday I was trying to contact him and guess what? He desappeared from FB/Twitter/MSN and so on since summer of last year... And I think you can imagine why I was trying to contact him...

It's all I can do for you. Happy Birthday.

kami_sama

Why today, my good man.
g5tUZ.gif

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I bet we'll get some exclusive scoop about a Wii U game from print media before E3, just like with the Red Steel article way back when.
I bet we don't. They've kept a lid on things for all this time, so why blow it just a couple of weeks out?

MDX

I've found another (german) WiiU preorder page:

http://www.expansys.de/nintendo-wii...=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base

nothing very special here beside the very high price (placeholder) and what really got my attention is that they even mentioned an exact weight (4,7kg)

So maybe retailers know something about it??

X360 weight without harddisk 3,01kg
X360 weight with harddisk 3,3kg
the very old model was 3,87kg

ps3 newest model around 2,6kg

Wii around 1,1 kg

WiiU needs WiiFit U

Izick

See, if I hadn't put this in my subscriptions, it would have likely taken me a few minutes to figure out what was going on. Before I went to subscriptions I even scanned the front page of Gaming and everything. :p

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I've a friend/former colleague working now for Rockstar UK, as a QA tester. Yesterday I was trying to contact him and guess what? He desappeared from FB/Twitter/MSN and so on since summer of last year... And I think you can imagine why I was trying to contact him...

It's all I can do for you. Happy Birthday.

rockstar ! sikritssss ! Wii U ! hyped !

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
hey i haven't had the time to see it yet, you're spoiling me !!!
and hell, why did they choose scarlet, i don't like her ! ><

BlackJace

Happy Birthday Ace.

And that boxart would be nice, but what the hell is up with the giant M? It takes away from the rather nice picture of the guy looking up.

ace3skoot

I went into a strange panic when i could find this thread on the first 2 pages, i thought god know way we have slipped to page 3!! and then i remembered we were doomed to community :(

anywho I sort wonder about the nintendo e3 press conference being on day 2? won't alot of the surpise be scooped on the show floor day 1 or are they likely to hold it all back? nintendo usually go first at e3 don't they?

Oddduck

Happy Birthday Ace.

And that boxart would be nice, but what the hell is up with the giant M? It takes away from the rather nice picture of the guy looking up.

Think of it from a marketing perspective.

The yellow on black combined with the giant M will probably grab your eyes when you're looking at games on a store shelf.

The goal of cover art isn't to create pretty art. It's to grab your attention.

Why today, my good man.

Happy birthday!

HylianTom

Banned
I must say, I am quite pleased and relieved at the number of people who've made it over here. I was a bit worried.

(and I always think of Ed Grimley when I use the phrase "I must say".. {*places hands on hips*} )

I went into a strange panic when i could find this thread on the first 2 pages, i thought god know way we have slipped to page 3!! and then i remembered we were doomed to community :(

anywho I sort wonder about the nintendo e3 press conference being on day 2? won't alot of the surpise be scooped on the show floor day 1 or are they likely to hold it all back? nintendo usually go fist at e3 don't they?

Nintendo is actually day 1. Microsoft and Sony are going before E3 officially starts.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Yikes, Facebook-GAF is so bitter.

I'm kind of glad that we are moved to community now. It helps separates the real Nintendo-GAF from the pretenders. I remember when Twilight Princess was revealed I didn't get home until 8 PM from school/football practice and had to spend over three hours waiting for the trailer to download on my slowass 56k connection. It was well worth it.

Two clicks. Pssshh

P.S. Happy birthday Veal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom