• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoshi's Island DS was a good game, people don't like it just because it was by Artoon.

It was a fantastic game with levels by the original YI designer. It was just enough of the same with the different babies adding some unique mechanics.

The switching was done well, which isn't always easy to pull off (see: DK64). The game was also challenging, which was awesome coming off of NSMB DS.

Best platformer on the DS.

BlackJace

Pfft, you guys easily out-creep the Sonic thread

I agree we need more people in the thread. One of the reasons I don't post as much is because it isn't that lively.

And no, when it comes to fanbases, Sonic is the the craziest one. I love being a part of it, but sometimes the BS is too much.

TunaLover

About the Nintendo Power june teaser, the image seems to be Russia the country, could it be related to Command & Conquer?

rusia.jpg

D_prOdigy

About the Nintendo Power june teaser, the image seems to be Russia the country, could it be related to Command & Conquer?

aw9b2c.jpg

It would be more likely to be Metro Last Light, which I can genuinely see as being a write-up based purely off information on the normal, non-Wii U multiplatform version, similar to how ACIII was covered in Nintendo mags.

Lyude77

Happy Birthday Ace!

I just visit here and Go Nintendo.

The only thing I'm sure about on the NP teaser is that it has to have something to do with Russians. I'm really thinking Bond, but something like Command & Conquer would work too, I guess.

rusia.jpg

I've been wraping my brain on what this image is. Is it a map or an image from a game? Usually from a hint like this it should be recognizable, but I can't figure it out.

Pocks

Guys...

...what if Retro is using their experience with DKCR to make a new sidescrolling console Metroid?!

Wouldn't make sense given all of the new 3D artists they're hiring. Unless...

They're making two games. A new IP and a sidescrolling Metroid.

peter

Banned
both looks different, i don't think it's a country.

What if nintendo take achievements to a new level, where you doesn't just earn achievements to show up in some ranking, but you can earn coins with it, with this coins you can go to some kind of e-shop where you can buy
new weapons/ outfit (Think when you are playing a game matro tennis on wiiu and you can buy for example a zelda outfit) / or themes for wiiu interface and so on...

Bullza2o

Hi guys! I notice there's already a 6th thread and I have yet to post! I've been quite busy recently, but I'm really excited for E3.

At this rate the Speculation Thread will reach #12 by the time the Wii U launches. 2 Threads will be filled with "My Body Is Ready for Launch" and "I cannot wait" posts.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yoshi's Island with pointer controls sounds like a total travesty. I can't imagine it being good.

"achievements" as you call them will be taken to a new level. a new social level.

I think, if Nintendo does go for a system like that, they'll make it more like Facebook or something, where your updates are shared among your friends.

"Luigison just beat Kraid in Metroid Prime 4!"

I also don't think there will be a rank or score attached to them. It'll just be a neat little thing to complete.

http://kotaku.com/5913041/i-made-some-e3-predictions-because-thats-what-you-do-on-talk-shows

The editor in chief talks some E3 Prediction. Assassin's Creed III game of the show, Nintendo wins E3, Sony will not do good at all.

Not in the segment are my mixed feelings about Microsoft, which I think will toss the Halo 4s of the world out for the hardcore gaming crowd. I believe they will again aim for more of a Wii Fit kind of mainstream buzz with whatever's next through Kinect and...are they going to show their hologram machine again? They were high on that at CES in January.

They've pretty much already confirmed this. They'll focus on apps and crap. And the "hardcore" will eat it up because of Halo 4 and Call of Duty being show with no other meaningful games.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
wow, just 3 new pages since 3 hours ? The rhythm decreased by what, 5x since we're moved in community ?

Seriously guys, come on, posts !

rusia.jpg

No the C&C in the work are a Tiberium timeline one, web-based, and Generals 2 (so no USSR) using frostbyte.

For the map, it's clearly the soviet union (russia + satellite countries around).

Haha, I love that gif, and the picture, Nibel.
:D

Better than Birthday Skeleton, which I've gotten on Twitter.

does someone knows why this thread has been moved?

It's considered a Mega Thread now that it's reached critical mass. And those go in Community.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, Wii U talk fell off a cliff or has it been like this for the past month? Haven't been keeping up.

Wii U has been cancelled. There is nothing left to talk about. The gaming industry is shutting shop tomorrow and all game collections will be collected for destruction.

TunaLover

What if the NP teaser is about Retro new IP? D=

I think that Metro fits the teaser just fine, but why choose this specific 3rd party title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom