• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rock

Banned
super-mario-sunshine.jpeg

Fixed.

QUXpV.jpg

Linkhero1

So how much of Silicon Knight's dollar will go into the next Eternal Darkness game? I'm thinking something along the lines of $0.63

What if the NP teaser is about Retro new IP? D=

I think that Metro fits the teaser just fine, but why choose this specific 3rd party title?

Metro could fit the Russian theme, but not as much the "generations" theme. Well, maybe.
Hmm.
I still doubt it, though. They won't reveal anything for the Wii U right before E3.

Only if WiiU offers "DX11 like" features. DX11 100% Microsoft.

I wouldn´t get my hopes up though. We will get a 100% port with some pad functionality. The console just launches and i guess most devs want to see how their game does first, before they put more money into WiiU development

Once publishers realise that extra effort will result in extra sales, starting with Freaks and Aliens Colonial Marines, we'll see developers adding DX11 features to their games for the U SKU. It's not even going to cost developers any more to do it because they can reuse PC models and textures.

A game with better eye candy will always get better reviews and better reviews usually ends up giving better sales. I really don't understand why some publishers don't insist on developers making next gen SKUs better looking than current gen SKUs. Even using underclocked dev kits for the majority of the project development lifecycle should still enable developers to be able to produce something that looks better than current gen offerings.

Yoshi's Island with pointer controls sounds like a total travesty. I can't imagine it being good.

I can imagine it being good. That's no guarantee it would be though.

I just don't see any way of doing multiplayer Yoshi's Island w/ the classic aiming system. It would be a mess waiting for everyone to aim. But I think the franchise has already laid the groundwork for multiplayer w/ the different characters/abilities, multicolor Yoshis (ok ok, this is a weak point but still evokes the idea).

I love pointer controls (granted you need your tv/sensor bar set up properly, but once they are, the accuracy is unrivaled in the console space). Just imagine the chaos with 4 babies crying in bubbles as 4 players take aim to get them back on their Yoshi. It would be chaos, but fun chaos. You could have Mario on your back one second and Peach or DK the next. If you want to stick w/ the same character, it would give you incentive to play smart or at least work out an agreement w/ your buddies.

Izick said:
Ugh, lame. People need to let Goldeneye go. Sure, it was a great game, but just let it go already. Wasn't the Wii remake enough?
After 50+ years of success in other media, I don't think Bond games are going away anytime soon.

Yoshi's Island with pointer controls sounds like a total travesty. I can't imagine it being good.

You're crazy. Did you play Galaxy 2? The Yoshi controls in that game were amazing. Combine that with egg-throwing and pure Yoshi gameplay. Instant GOTG candidate.

It's obviously not Russia. Why would they make the silhouette so unlike the real thing? Why even make a silhouette out of a country since they basically already are silhouettes? I think it's some sort of a ship, or logo or something that just looks unrecognisable without contrast. I can totally spot an arwing in the upper corner...

HylianTom

Banned
It is kinda boring today, which is why I'm using this time to play through the rest of Fragile Dreams. I don't think I'll be able to concentrate on actual game playing until after E3 is over. :p

BlackJace

It is kinda boring today, which is why I'm using this time to play through the rest of Fragile Dreams. I don't think I'll be able to concentrate on actual game playing until after E3 is over. :p

I'm grinding through my collection of Nintendo games. Seems appropriate and it keeps my mind of the hype.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought I'd beat all the times I've collected in SM3DL via streetpass only to discover I still has the best times for about 95% of the levels.

Happy Birthday AceBandage :)

God i´m tired from work :( What a shitty shitty day :(

I thought maybe the Nintendo Power leak would at least be out... damn :(

Well, tomorroe Mario Tennis Open should arrive at my home, so thats one more game to keep me busy till E3

Deguello

Oh I should probably say happy birthday to AceBandage, because I likes the cut of his jib and because I should attempt to sociable on the internet so I don't go crazy from the frustration of looking for a job in Georgia.

an interesting tidbit - Ubisoft is saying that they will not only show video of WiiU games at their press conference (already discussed), but will also show demonstrations of WiiU games (per Jim Reilly's twitter).

I assume they'll be using the new controller, so am curious what Nintendo's original plan was to unveil the changes. Unless they were going to let Ubi use the old controller?

I think, if Nintendo does go for a system like that, they'll make it more like Facebook or something, where your updates are shared among your friends.

"Luigison just beat Kraid in Metroid Prime 4!"

I don't like the sound of that, if only because it has great potential to make spoiler-haters (like me) infuriated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom