• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are people mostly on the irc channel or on the tinychat? I'm having trouble getting rid of the video crap and maximizing the actual chat part on the latter.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Gametrailers stream did that for me too just now. It didn't yesterday at all.

Are we going to see something really mature?

Farcry boobs.

11500 current viewers on the Nintendo stream, curious to see how its going to be in 18 mins.

edit : 12000 now

edit 2 : 12500 now, lol

AniHawk

well guys, enjoy the conference. as for me, i'll be headed to a far off planet to fight space aliens.

i'll be back with impressions later tonight

Why would Nintendo even let Pachter into their press conferences at this point

AuowUp1CQAAxFuX.jpg:large

Just wanted to chime in here before the conference starts about how much I have enjoyed these threads. They have had their ups and downs but seeing the response that Nintendo still draws has been great. No way the next Playstation or Xbox gets threads like these.

See everyone on the other side, I hope our bodies are ready.

that twitter thing on Spike is so stupid, they say OH SONY IS WINNING BECAUSE IT'S BEEN MENTIONED 3040393 times!!!! except many of those tweets can be anger tweets (which should the case with MS)

BlackJace

So irresponsible. Don't they know that only toddlers will be watching this press conference?

BUT SPIKE IS A MAN'S CHANNEL. IT CONTAINS MATURE MANLY CONTENT FOR MANLY MEN. EXPLOSIONS, GORE, BABES.... IT'S ALL FOR MEN.

Seriously that's how they promote their channel.

Indyana

Main Application Processor

PowerPC architecture.
Three cores (fully coherent).
3MB aggregate L2 Cache size.
core 0: 512 KB
core 1: 2048 KB
core 2: 512 KB
Write gatherer per core.
Locked (L1d) cache DMA per core.

Main Memory

Up to 3GB of main memory (CAT-DEVs only). Note: retail machine will have half devkit memory
Please note that the quantity of memory available from the Cafe SDK and Operating System may vary.

Graphics and Video

Modern unified shader architecture.
32MB high-bandwidth eDRAM, supports 720p 4x MSAA or 1080p rendering in a single pass.
HDMI and component video outputs.

Features

Unified shader architecture executes vertex, geometry, and pixel shaders
Multi-sample anti-aliasing (2, 4, or 8 samples per pixel)
Read from multi-sample surfaces in the shader
128-bit floating point HDR texture filtering
High resolution texture support (up to 8192 x 8192)
Indexed cube map arrays

8 render targets
Independent blend modes per render target
Pixel coverage sample masking
Hierarchical Z/stencil buffer
Early Z test and Fast Z Clear
Lossless Z & stencil compression
2x/4x/8x/16x high quality adaptive anisotropic filtering modes
sRGB filtering (gamma/degamma)
Tessellation unit
Stream out support
Compute shader support

GX2 is a 3D graphics API for the Nintendo Wii U system (also known as Cafe). The API is designed to be as efficient as GX(1) from the Nintendo GameCube and Wii systems. Current features are modeled after OpenGL and the AMD r7xx series of graphics processors. Wii U’s graphics processor is referred to as GPU7.
Sound and Audio

Dedicated 120MHz audio DSP.
Support for 6 channel discrete uncompressed audio (via HDMI).
2 channel audio for the Cafe DRC controller.
Monaural audio for the Cafe Remote controller.

Networking

802.11 b/g/n Wifi.

Peripherals

2 x USB 2.0 host controllers x 2 ports each.
SDCard Slot.

Built-in Storage

512MB SLC NAND for System.
8GB MLC NAND for Applications.

Host PC Bridge

Dedicated Cafe-to-host PC bridge hardware.
Allows File System emulation by host PC.
Provides interface for debugger and logging to host PC.

From the other thread.

Donnie

Are IGN not showing the Nintendo conference or something? Every other time I've gone there they've had a conference link right on the front page for EA/Sony/Ubisoft ect, but there's nothing there for Nintendo.

BD1

Banned
ugh, fuck this weather. Storm has knocked my DirectTV fuzzy. I really wanted to watch this on my HD TV. Off to a stream, I guess.

My body isn't ready for Pikmin. It was the 1st 3D game I played extensively (grew up on Gameboy) and it's been 8 years and three e3 conferences. I can't take it, why is this making me so hyped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom