• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The wish-game you know you will never play?

Aion002

MGS6 made by Kojima.

Shadow Hearts 4.

Sad Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

ungalo

There are so many. Most good IPs that still existed during the PS2 or even 360 gen will never get a new game with decent budget given the state of the industry.

drotahorror

Motorstorm X Hydro Thunder. Open world, multiple biomes, closed tracks with tons of shortcuts/alternate routes. The open world is just there to cruise around and have fun in. The tracks are completely closed off though, you would never know they were part of the open world. Obviously there would be tons of offroad circuits, but throughout the massive island would be rivers and water paths, waterfalls etc branching everywhere to connect everything for the boating part.

Lets make it happen.

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Where is Mr. Mosquito 2? The weird little stealth game that put you in bizarre fly-on-the-wall situations. They should take the concept and fly with it.

How about a Katamari Damacy without the crappy dialog and the jankiness removed from the controls. Embrace the fun of rolling up diverse worlds with kick-ass music.

Puscifer

A real sequel to FEAR 1, as mentioned Half Life 3, Dishonored 3, new Bioshock?, a modern Magic Carpet and at the current rate of releases and quality maybe TES 6 and a new Fallout!! as well.
Seriously this. Nothing ever felt the same after FEAR, the gunplay, the crazy ass AI, sense of weight and momentum and first person melee all nailed the Hong Kong action style they were aiming for. The real trilogy starts at FEAR and ends with Perseus Mandate far as I'm concerned

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Seriously this. Nothing ever felt the same after FEAR, the gunplay, the crazy ass AI, sense of weight and momentum and first person melee all nailed the Going Kong action style they were aiming for and the real trilogy starts at FEAR and ends with Perseus Mandate far as I'm concerned
Yeah totally agree, it's a brilliant game, even the story wasn't continued properly in later games, i didn't like FEAR 2 at all, i know they had right's issues between WB and Vivendi, but the gameplay, atmosphere and story wasn't the same for me.

Last edited:

Corian33

Ultima Online 2
Warcraft 4
Favorite post in this thread by far.

Anything to recreate those early MMO days. It just hit different, more Wild West and no wiki.

Warcraft 4 would be amazing but impossible for sure. I think people really under appreciate how Warcraft 3 so directly flowed into WoW, it was such a fully realized, feature rich game. There could never be a sequel reach that standard again.

xrnzaaas

Driveclub 2. It could've been improved so much and more polished for launch than 1 (and even better looking on PS4 Pro/PS5), especially since the devs learned a lot during that year of post-launch support. A shame Sony not only didn't approve the sequel, but got rid of the whole studio... so the dream of another Motorstorm died as well.

Last edited:

TexMex

Favorite post in this thread by far.

Anything to recreate those early MMO days. It just hit different, more Wild West and no wiki.

Warcraft 4 would be amazing but impossible for sure. I think people really under appreciate how Warcraft 3 so directly flowed into WoW, it was such a fully realized, feature rich game. There could never be a sequel reach that standard again.

From Blizzard yeah, no WC4. I still play it nearly every day. Really have my fingers crossed for Stormgate. Lot of lineage on that team, cautiously optimistic.

Top Bottom