• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

protonion

I bought the enhanced edition based on hype here alone. I have seen just some pics of the game and I've never seen the first one.

Installing now (18gb). The game comes with a guide too.

Let's see what happens...

I went to my local Target at lunch to pick up some BS, and was shocked to see that they had sold through every last copy they got in.

Where is the hype for this game? I'm blown away. It's not like it's been advertised anywhere.

The Target I went to this morning had a single copy of the 360 version, which I bought. The $49.99 price was being advertised as well. They also had one PC EE behind said 360 copy.

Dazzyman

Hi everyone.

Quick question, does this support 3d on 360?

Bought a 3d tv at weekend but my onkyo can't handle 3d and audio off hdmi so I'm having to switch tv port with 360 and PS3. 360 don't really bother me being in hdmi splitter as I use optical but do same now for PS3 as got load of 3d games for it then I go back to splitter for my films and normal games.

Just been into town and picked this up so looking forward to it :)

gdt

Okay, did everything according to instructions, still can't get my launcher to launch.

So, if I just uninstall everything and download the whole thing from GOG.com, I'll be good? IE, is the EE edition now the standard edition for installing?

Salaadin

Thinking about grabbing this on pc. For those that have finished it how long is the game roughly.

My first time was roughly 30 to 35 hours. That will change depending on your game choices, how much you explore, and how many side quests you do.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thinking about grabbing this on pc. For those that have finished it how long is the game roughly.

~30 - 40 hours first playthrough, more or less depending on chosen difficulty and how many sidequests you do. It's impossible to see all the game's content on one playthrough, so if you want to experience everything you'll need to do another playthrough. Act II has the biggest divergence, essentially two completely different quest lines and areas depending on your choices, while other acts have various smaller differences depending on your choices.

Kyaw

No change to the lighting so far. (Only like 10 minutes in)
I doubt there is any major change to the lighting conditions on PC EE... :(

iDErUCEuoGWxa.jpg

ib22mn9No83qCt.jpg

Xander51

I'm really really impressed at how good this looks on the 360. I've only seen a little tearing during the cutscenes, and some pop-in near Flotsam, but this is probably the most impressed I've ever been with an Xbox game.

I think the interface is still a little unwieldy, but I appreciate the effort to improve it for the Xbox. I wish I could see the stats of my items without clicking on them twice.

Re: The narration added, i started over so I only saw the one between the prologue and chapter one, but..

It's bloody awful. Just incredibly bad... and corny. Why did they do this?!?!

Salaadin

Re: The narration added, i started over so I only saw the one between the prologue and chapter one, but..

It's bloody awful. Just incredibly bad... and corny. Why did they do this?!?!

Because its Dandelion?

I didnt even mind it. I thought it was a nice little addition.

Sober

The GOG downloader is all good with the EE right? Don't need to manually download all 10 parts? I should only worry about redownloading the first 2 parts if needed right?

Because its Dandelion?

I didnt even mind it. I thought it was a nice little addition.

Yeah, i don't love his voice work in the first place, but as a narrator he seems like he is telling the story to children. The inflections in his voice, like when he says something along the lines of "But he is soon to meet an important man in the trees!!!" just made me wince (not to mention the 3d boat on the silly looking map). The witcher is such a cool game, geralt is a bad ass, triss is gorgeous and strong, the whole thing is such an 'adult' experience if I can use such a crappy term.... and then they added this which tonally is completely the opposite.

It's not a big deal, and tw2 is still one of the greatest games ever... I just thought it was a weird addition.

lucius

Just got the 360 version noticed 2 discs plus the soundtrack, is the discs swapping gonna happen the more I do side quests and backtrack like Mass Effect?

Also is normal easy, I found Kingdom of Amalur way too easy on normal but was too far in to restart so should I start on Hard or is this game on normal a challenge?

owlbeak

Just got the 360 version noticed 2 discs plus the soundtrack, is the discs swapping gonna happen the more I do side quests and backtrack like Mass Effect?

Also is normal easy, I found Kingdom of Amalur way too easy on normal but was too far in to restart so should I start on Hard or is this game on normal a challenge?
Most will say Hard is the way to go. Normal is a little difficult in the beginning but then becomes rather easy. Hard stays pretty consistent and challenging. :) However, unlike TW1, you can change the difficulty at any time in the options. That may effect some achievements on 360, though. Not sure.

Okay, did everything according to instructions, still can't get my launcher to launch.

So, if I just uninstall everything and download the whole thing from GOG.com, I'll be good? IE, is the EE edition now the standard edition for installing?

Thats what I had to do, but separate issue. My game was crashing on both loading and starting a new game.

Salaadin

Yeah, i don't love his voice work in the first place, but as a narrator he seems like he is telling the story to children. The inflections in his voice, like when he says something along the lines of "But he is soon to meet an important man in the trees!!!" just made me wince (not to mention the 3d boat on the silly looking map). The witcher is such a cool game, geralt is a bad ass, triss is gorgeous and strong, the whole thing is such an 'adult' experience if I can use such a crappy term.... and then they added this which tonally is completely the opposite.

It's not a big deal, and tw2 is still one of the greatest games ever... I just thought it was a weird addition.

I know what you mean. Its definitely corny.

I dont mind Dandelions voice to begin with though so maybe thats why I wasnt bothered by it. I assume they added him in there because it fits with his whole narration of the story in the Journal entries. You are right though, it certainly doesnt sound "adult". More like a scoutmaster telling a bad horror story to his troop :p

grim0451

Neo Member
Got the 360 version, I was the first guy there and futureshop only had one copy. Hopefully that store was an exception but I have a feeling not many copies of this game got sent out, at least where I live. Fingers crossed my friend can get a copy after work since I got him hyped up for this game.

panda21

is it any easier in the enhanced edition (PC)? i played a couple of hours but I stopped playing because i just kept getting worked in the combat and failing missions over and over because of it. i know other people have complained about the same thing too.

its a shame because its an awesome game

Desaan

I guess I've been corrupted by Skyrim and it's plethora of mods because playing TW2 the second time around it just looks......meh. I've turned off bloom and sharpening and forced AF and Supersamlpling, the textures look great up close but the lighting is off somehow. Does the bloom really cover up so much?

Kaizer

Banned
Just got back from GameStop, luckily they had two copies that weren't pre-orders available. I'm not sure if I'm going to dive into TW2 just yet though, still need to do the final mission in ME3 (crappy ending & all), play more Warriors Orochi 3 & Tales of Graces f - plus I just started an MGS3 speed run with the HD Collection lol.

I went to my local Target at lunch to pick up some BS, and was shocked to see that they had sold through every last copy they got in.

Where is the hype for this game? I'm blown away. It's not like it's been advertised anywhere.

None of my local Targets or toysrus even had this game, but I was luckily able to get it from BestBuy and price matched the 50 bucks. Just opened at and I'm surprised at the amount of goodies you get like quest guides and soundtracks for regular price. GG CDP.

So the the GameStop exclusive wolf head keychain is pretty sweet. Quality metal (pewter?) with a nice heft in your palm. But it's got some sharp edges, I'd advise against actually putting this in your pocket so you want cut through fabric or skin. I went in just went in to cancel my EE 360 copy because I've got a Dark Edition on the way from Amazon. The kid there was cool and gave me the keychain anyway.

From what I can tell, stores aren't getting much stock. The Future Shop I went to didn't have much shelf space dedicated to it for 360. Just one slot in their new games section.

Grymm

Banned

Dark mode is really the way to go. There's a bunch of extras from armor to enemies etc. The game is fairly difficult anyway, and Dark mode isn't really that much harder than normal so having the extras make it worth it.

is it any easier in the enhanced edition (PC)? i played a couple of hours but I stopped playing because i just kept getting worked in the combat and failing missions over and over because of it. i know other people have complained about the same thing too.

its a shame because its an awesome game

Easy mode is really easy. Normal is still a bit more difficult than the average normal mode in an RPG.... until you really get comfortable with the mechanics.

There's no shame in bumping this down to easy. I did on my first playthrough, as did most of my friends.

i4ac5r9uEnT3c.JPG

This may seem like a small thing but I'm super impressed that they provided a quality case for a multidisc release. Not even MS does that (disc stacking ftl).

george_us

http://i.minus.com/i4ac5r9uEnT3c.JPG[IMG]

This may seem like a small thing but I'm super impressed that they provided a quality case for a multidisc release. Not even MS does that (disc stacking ftl).[/QUOTE]
I'm impressed that there seems to be an actual manual included. Feels like it's been years since I've seen one.

Sober

So the the GameStop exclusive wolf head keychain is pretty sweet. Quality metal (pewter?) with a nice heft in your palm. But it's got some sharp edges, I'd advise against actually putting this in your pocket so you want cut through fabric or skin. I went in just went in to cancel my EE 360 copy because I've got a Dark Edition on the way from Amazon. The kid there was cool and gave me the keychain anyway.
It's a keychain? I would've wanted an actual medallion.

Debating buying this game today on 360. Hrm. I also wonder if it'll price drop, like everything these days.

I'd like to see people support a consumer friendly developer like CDProjekt Red as much as possible but I'm sure the price will drop like any other single player console game these days.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Finally, the wait is over! I was playing it before the patch, so I decided to wait 'till the release, I was at the begin of
chapter two, right after the big battle with the ghost.

Ahaha, the joke about Lords of The Ring while talking with Iorveth and the witch about Saskia's poisoning.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They didnt change the lighting on PC, why dont we all just move past that.

Because it kind of sucks. The PC version is no longer the 'definitive version' in certain elements (of course, I suppose it comes down to preference). I'm actually considering picking up the 360 version despite having a powerful PC just because I really like how the lighting looks in the screenshots/videos I've seen so far.

On that note... does anyone know if the US 360 disc is region free? I have a Japanese 360, and while most games sold in the US tend to be region free, there's the occasional asshole publisher who will lock down its games to a specific region.

Ugh... went to Best Buy to pick up my Dark Edition and waited for over 30 mins only for them to tell me that my order is still in transit. Then why send me an e-mail the day before telling me that my order will be ready to be picked up today.

I hope my order makes it to the store sometime today. Been itching to play this game so bad.

Marbles

My PAL copy (360) arrived today. I've got round to opening it and noticed that the outer box has been autographed by someone??? Is that the same for everyone's copy?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Anyone had/heard of people having hardcrashes or gpu reboots when playing TW2EE?

Deadstar

It's the Witcher. The greatest RPG series of all time.

i4ac5r9uEnT3c.JPG

This may seem like a small thing but I'm super impressed that they provided a quality case for a multidisc release. Not even MS does that (disc stacking ftl).

Mine has stacked discs. :(

Still though, for €60, this is one heck of a package. I hope it plays as good as it looks. :lol

Top Bottom