• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Truant

No you unlock adrenaline near the end of the skill trees.

Shit like this would NEVER happen in an american game. I LOVE EASTERN EUROPEAN DEVELOPERS.

Also, the use of "niggard" and "niggardly" is hilariously weird. I know it's like that in the books, but the similarity freaks me out.

lucius

So I noticed in the 360 version when talking to someone some cutscenes change dark to light where it seems unnatural, was similar to what Kingdom of Amalur(ps3) demo had but it was fixed in the final game. Gameplay is real fun, still some technical glitches, the camera with the right stick moves way to fast and no way to adjust it.

pakkit

Banned
VERY Loud.
Im needed to low music and sound to 6 in options, because i couldnt hear well the dialog in the inn. No in some scenes, they talk so loud you can hear their echo, and im not shitting you.
Playing with good headphones is marvelous.

I had to turn the bass all the way down on my sound system because the bass was bleeding through. Really weird audio problems in this game for the 360. That said, I'm still blown away at the quality of this conversion.

first time playing this series.. on xbox 360 and about to dive in when i get home.. can't wait.

so any guide or advice on a total noob just jumping into this game? where should i put points to? concentrate on which points? combat advise? anything so i wont get my ass kick as much

Complistic

first time playing this series.. on xbox 360 and about to dive in when i get home.. can't wait.

so any guide or advice on a total noob just jumping into this game? where should i put points to? concentrate on which points? combat advise? anything so i wont get my ass kick as much

You'll likely get your ass kicked for a while until you get the combat down. Not much you can do :p

Mike M

Nick N
Is there a trick to
saving the elven women from the fire
? I always burst into flames and die after I untie the third one.

I get the impression I need to just do it all faster, but the fucking prompt to untie is so fucking temperamental and difficult to get to display when I want it to...

smr00

Banned
Didn't get a chance to pick it up yesterday but i did today, and surprisingly best buy told me they were price matching target so it's $49.99 and i had no idea so thanks to that guy for helping me save money.

Installing now but i have to say i am blown away at the stuff you get for just the normal edition.. you get a nice size manual, 2 sides map and a quest handbook for all acts and a soundtrack on disc.. why can't other companies do this? i think it's amazing of WB/CDP to do this, could of been like every other company and just gave a 2 page manual.

Picked it up. Yay, first game I'm playing on the 360 in nearly a year. I hope this is good. I've been disappointed in my recent RPG purchases (Xenoblade and ME3). Ugh, please save me Witcher!

At first, you take twice as much damage from behind. There's an early skill in the sword fighting tree you can get to eliminate that, but for the beginning of the game, don't let anyone get behind you.

Loving the game so much and it's hard to put down, so much information and names to take in though, sometimes I'm in a conversation and can't remember the locations and people being mentioned in said convo. I need to read up on those bios.

Complistic

Loving the game so much and it's hard to put down, so much information and names to take in though, sometimes I'm in a conversation and can't remember the locations and people being mentioned in said convo. I need to read up on those bios.

Ya, the codex is actually important in this game. I wouldn't waste time reading them all, but if you hear a name you don't know, chances are it's in your journal.

Though everyone should read Dandelion's. Since he wrote it, haha.

For some reason on my one the main guy is really hard to hear in some CSs, he mumbles along then another character is like HA HA GO DO THIS CAUSE I AM THE KING! or whatever really loud lol.

Have to fiddle around with the sound, its weird balanced.

Nekrono

After reading a few last posts here I turned off sharpening and HOLY SHIT!

GAF am I crazy or does the game look SO MUCH BETTER NOW?!

Finished the "prologue", amazing game so far. Looks absolutely stunning, couldn't help but sit back and compare it to other games in the same genre with the same scope, who shall remain nameless.

Newduck

Does anyone want a slightly discounted copy based in NYC? I have a UK 360 and didnt think the game was region coded, it is. Need to get rid of it...

Complistic

Finished the "prologue", amazing game so far. Looks absolutely stunning, couldn't help but sit back and compare it to other games in the same genre with the same scope, who shall remain nameless.

The game really doesn't start until chapter 1. The prologue while still great, is way more linear.

So I'm playing the PC version of this right now and man what is up with Geralt's hair?

It glitches out so much it make all the cut scenes look silly. I had DBZ hair a few times in the prologue during very important scenes.

Also every time I go through a door to a house the camera freaks out for a few seconds.

Complistic

So I'm playing the PC version of this right now and man what is up with Geralt's hair?

It glitches out so much it make all the cut scenes look silly. I had DBZ hair a few times in the prologue during very important scenes.

Also every time I go through a door to a house the camera freaks out for a few seconds.

There's a book seller in flotsam that will give you a haircut. I think there might be a haircut that doesn't freak out as much. It doesn't really bother me that much.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I assume one needs to edit the config file to turn off sharpening?

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
I sided with the squirrels, there was just something wrong about that town. I was right when I saw him trying to kill the squirrels women, I knew that guy couldn't be trusted. Most of the people in the town are drunks and killers, anyway.

I'm using a custom user.ini with sharpening and ubersampling disabled and I threw in an FXAA injector and am pretty happy with the results. There is none of that ugly sharpening and it runs like the wind.

Only problem is I cannot get (forced) anisotropic filtering to work. The FXAA injector makes the texture fairly blurry.

irZnKktcuxHAS.png

iblhFZTIpn040N.png

Pretty happy with those results. I could certainly do without the texture blur but it is fairly minimal.

I'm using a custom user.ini with sharpening and ubersampling disabled and I threw in an FXAA injector and am pretty happy with the results. There is none of that ugly sharpening and it runs like the wind.

Only problem is I cannot get (forced) anisotropic filtering to work. The FXAA injector makes the texture fairly blurry.

Pretty happy with those results. I could certainly do without the texture blur but it is fairly minimal.

Use this SMAA Injector instead if you want post processing AA without the texture blur.

burgerdog

Oh, man, had Witcher 2 since launch and you guys barely opened my eyes to sharpening off. I just tried it and it looks so much better.

After reading a few last posts here I turned off sharpening and HOLY SHIT!

GAF am I crazy or does the game look SO MUCH BETTER NOW?!

Sharpening was added to counter the blurring that FXAA (the in game AA) introduced problem 1. The sharpening effect is too strong, and 2. If you disable AA, sharpening stays on which makes the game look so fucking ugh.

If you want AA, I suggest disabling the in game FXAA and using SMAA injection

zkylon

zkylewd
I officially regret now not buying this on Steam.

Tried to patch the game once, failed to download the patch files. Tried to redownload the game, failed. Both times frequently getting stuck while downloading, and for some reason eating up ALL my broadband. I mean, I couldn't even enter google. Tried to patch it again, this time it downloads, but during installation it said the download had failed and now the launcher refuses to work.

Still glad I gave all my money to CDPR, but man you forget these problems even existed after using Steam for so long..

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sharpening was added to counter the blurring that FXAA (the in game AA) introduced problem 1. The sharpening effect is too strong, and 2. If you disable AA, sharpening stays on which makes the game look so fucking ugh.

If you want AA, I suggest disabling the in game FXAA and using SMAA injection

So I'm stuck with either no AA, FXAA texture blur, or sharpening.

That's just awful.

Varna

Can't believe I've been playing with sharpening this whole time... game looks much better without it. Even the shadow dithering is better now.

Quick

Banned
Haven't had a chance to play it since yesterday afternoon (NHL playoffs, NBC comedy lineup), but I liked the small bit I've played so far. I just finished the flashbacks while Geralt was recounting what had happened in prison and the tutorial.

Is it just me, or does everyone else have an English accent, and only Geralt lacks one? :lol

Top Bottom