• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 4K Patch for Xbox One X

antonz

Microsoft has been very willing to put up the money to get Cd Projekt Red to deliver a patch seems likely. Really cannot fault them in that case as the assets etc. were already made and the One X has more than enough power they do not need to half ass anything and go for a full featured 4k patch and it brings the studio more money

All they meant by the upgrades being free is that you won't have to buy a new edition of the game or anything; like a "Deluxe" version. It's common sense to us, but they have to say it for the more casual listeners/viewers

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Honest question, are people really expecting native 4k on Witcher 3 from a $500 box??

If not native, then checker boarded should be a lot more feasible.

But I would like to get a solid confirmation on this, OP is all sorts of misleading. Phil's mention of the 5 games receiving 'free' X patches is even weirder. We need more info.

g11

If they patch One X and continue to say it's not worth their time with the Pro, that would take them down a peg or two in my esteem. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now that if they do one they'll do the other, even if One X gets a "better" patch to 4K or something and Pro is just checkerboard or (my preference) better frame rate at 1080p.

dr_rus

It was visible during the show. Didn't CDPR state they would not support new consoles? I hope PS4 Pro will receive the patch as well.

Why do you assume that this patch is from CDPR? I don't see anything stopping MS from patching the game to run on XBX in another resolution.

III-V

Why do you assume that this patch is from CDPR? I don't see anything stopping MS from patching the game to run on XBX in another resolution.

interesting idea and not totally out of left field considering that they have worked on higher res and performance with older games and backwards compatibility.

Alebelly

It's highly, highly unlikely that a patch, if there is one, would be exclusive

I would imagine they would want to introduce a resolution scaler for PC, which would take a bit of work.

Tyaren

It would seriously suck if they would update the game for Xbox One X but not for PS4 Pro. A Pro patch is what I have been hoping for all this time. I'm in my third playthrough now and I bought all the DLC expansions. I love this game. Come on, CD Project Red, don't do this to me. :(

ZOONAMI

Enjoy the sub 30fps framerates if it's native.

Also, Witcher 3 is pretty old by now, not sure how many people will replay it just for 4k.

As for me 1440p maxed with a 60 lock is the way to go.

Alebelly

It would seriously suck if they would update the game for Xbox One X but not for PS4 Pro. A Pro patch is what I have been hoping for all this time. I'm in my third playthrough now and I bought all the DLC expansions. I love this game. Come on, CD Project Red, don't do this to me. :(

I can run it at 4k on my PC but trying to vsync to 30 just doesn't work well. I would definitely like to see a console checkerboard patch. My TV is ready.

Hold on, before I get excited...

Didn't they just mean this is one of the games that will automatically look better and load faster on the X without any dev input needed? Or an actual 4K patch?

Didn't they just mean this is one of the games that will automatically look better and load faster on the X without any dev input needed? Or an actual 4K patch?

You might be onto something, didn't Witcher 3 supposedly have a dynamic res on XB1?

On Xb1x, requires very little effort.

Same can't be said for Pro.

You don't really need to optimize a lot to get 4K or super sampling in most cases.

What? Do you really think that it will be native 4k on Xbox X? :) I guess that's possible but that's a lot of work.

Can't complain. I'm currently playing Witcher 3 Complete Edition, and the frame-rate goes to zero when I fought
Therazane
. I may double dip, i just need to see if the other games interest me on XOX.

erawsd

No, he begins that segment by talking about how every game will benefit from the extra power but the 5 first party games and 30 third party games would be receiving new updates for 4k.

mileS

People jumping to all kinds of wild conclusions without having any facts from MS and/or CDPR.

Yeah I'm all for speculation and all that but... come on. At least word the posts in a way that makes it seem like you don't already know lol

Pennywise

Yup.
We certainly don't need exclusive patches.

Madness

People jumping to all kinds of wild conclusions without having any facts from MS and/or CDPR.

Yup, alternative facts abound. No single word on why, how, what. And yet people like good luck getting 60fps, this is bullshit bo PS4 Pro, MS probably paid or outsourced, hopefully this comes for PS4 Pro begging etc.

That's kinda hypocritical considering they refused to support the PS4 pro. I smell some financial incentives here, but I might be wrong here. Maybe they will do a PS4 pro patch as well.

Top Bottom