• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Complete Edition Performance Thread

did the patch fix anything? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

DX12 CPU utilization is definitely improved. My frame times graphs were extremely peaky previously. They're quite flat now.

All in all, I'd say performance is where it should be, but whether or not RT is worth it is up to the individual. Besides the RT reflections, I don't really care for it.

ebevan91

Im on PC and man does the game tank fps in certain cities.

I've only just made it to Velen and this has me nervous about going to Novigrad and Beauclair. My fps usually stays at 60 but it might drop a bit occasionally. Not enough to complain about though. I still have some settings I can tweak.

Has anyone tested borderless windowed vs. full screen? Some games seem to run smoother in borderless windowed mode, like Battlefield 2042 for example.

Last edited:

Xtib81

crazy. I did test it too. The game looks better in general now, but that same weird glitch is present on PS5. It's like the grass moves? And if you come back from where you came from it won't move again like a normal LOD transition. Definitely a odd glitch

Yes and that's killing the immersion.
I found a video on YT to illustrate the problem. Even though the video is in low quality, we can easily see the glitch.
I'm holding off from playing Blood and wine in the Hope they eventually fix it but I doubt they will.

DanEON

there was a hotfix yesterday for DLSS 3.

I tested it and finally they fixed the Frame Generation frame drops. So now I can play it.

I
Yes and that's killing the immersion.
I found a video on YT to illustrate the problem. Even though the video is in low quality, we can easily see the glitch.
I'm holding off from playing Blood and wine in the Hope they eventually fix it but I doubt they will.

I've sent a complaint in CDPR technical support and they are already aware about this bug. At least

Denton

New patch is out and I am very, very pleased.

RT Shadows are fixed. No more annoying pop-in.
Performance in Novigrad with RT enabled is much better on my PC. 60fps is held with only super minor drops, no huge drops to 40s and even 30s as before.
GPU performance is also improved, letting me enable DLSS Balanced (instead of performance) and still keep 60fps in GPU limited scenarios (dense forest).

Really good work, I did not really expect them to be able to get it to this state. I thought the RT peformance is just busted for good, given the age of the engine.

Umbasaborne

Banned

Performance in Novigrad with RT enabled is much better on my PC. 60fps is held with only super minor drops, no huge drops to 40s and even 30s as before.
GPU performance is also improved, letting me enable DLSS Balanced (instead of performance) and still keep 60fps in GPU limited scenarios (dense forest).

Really good work, I did not really expect them to be able to get it to this state. I thought the RT peformance is just busted for good, given the age of the engine.
Nice, im gonna boot it up again, the rt shadow pop in on pc was really egregious

Braag

I just tested it out and gained about 10 fps with all RTX on and DLSS on quality compared to previous patch, so definitely an improvement. The performance still isn't perfect (if you compare it to CP2077 for example) but I'm still happy with this patch. Geralt's model in inventory still looks weird and grainy though. They really need to do something about that.

What GPU are you running it on?

Denton

Very nice, hopefully I can get somewhat similar performance out of my 3080. Are you playing at 4K? I’m hoping that 1440p will yield similar results.
1440p with DLSS balanced and mix of ultra and ultra+. All RT options enabled, RTGI on performance. Anything higher than this and I don't get stable 60.

But considering that before this patch, on this settings I had drops to 30s in Novigrad, it is still a win, and the game looks fantastic (I play on 1080p plasma, so 1440p via DLDSR with DLSS balanced looks great on it).

Top Bottom