• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Enhanced Edition coming 5th Feb. according to French retailer

Bubaer

Given how they talked about fleshing out the "main enemy" more in HoS than vanilla, it would be sweet if they incorporated more cut-scenes with the Wild Hunt. Here's hoping

Glass

Yeah, fingers crossed Blood & Wine is out the same day. All the previous enhanced editions have had the DLC added, don't see why this would be different.

Glass

Because this is the first time there was paid DLC.

True, but my expectation is the Enhanced Edition is going to have that paid DLC price built in. So on the day, those of us who already have everything can just grab the 2nd expansion, whereas newcomers get the Enhanced Edition and don't miss out on any content. If any games company is going to do it that way its CDPR.

Yeah, fingers crossed Blood & Wine is out the same day. All the previous enhanced editions have had the DLC added, don't see why this would be different.

This is the first time the enhanced edition has to account for players not having the expansions. It is different.

Leaving those of us who are still playing the main game and will buy the expansions later without the EE changes is about as bad as what Bungie did to those who didn't buy The Taken King. That is not how CDPR operates. At least not yet.

GlamFM

Banned
True, but my expectation is the Enhanced Edition is going to have that paid DLC price built in. So on the day, those of us who already have everything can just grab the 2nd expansion, whereas newcomers get the Enhanced Edition and don't miss out on any content. If any games company is going to do it that way its CDPR.

No way. 2nd DLC is not even out yet.

Catvoca

Banned
Given how they talked about fleshing out the "main enemy" more in HoS than vanilla, it would be sweet if they incorporated more cut-scenes with the Wild Hunt. Here's hoping

They talked about reworking Triss romance stuff too, It would be awesome if this included some changes to that.

Edit: I guess they already did this!

Catvoca

Banned
Would you be able to upgrade the OG release to the enhanced edition through patches/DLC?

With Witcher 1 and 2 yes. We don't know how this will work because this is the first Witcher game with paid dlc. I would expect any gameplay changes to be a free update though.

Glass

No way. 2nd DLC is not even out yet.

Yeah, that's why I hope its coming out on the same day. I get that the paid DLC changes things up from previous ways of doing their Enhanced editions, but re-packaging a game as an 'Enhanced' version just seems like the perfect opportunity to add the DLC in there ad charge full price for the game once more.

Azzurri

For everyone who hasn't played it, the enhanced version is the perfect time too buy it.

As someone who doesn't really like open world RPGs this game is top notch. I have not played a game this good for a long time. Also, the combat is not that bad like some people say it is; Could it be better? Sure, but it is in no way game breaking like some people want you to believe.

GlamFM

Banned
Yeah, that's why I hope its coming out on the same day. I get that the paid DLC changes things up from previous ways of doing their Enhanced editions, but re-packaging a game as an 'Enhanced' version just seems like the perfect opportunity to add the DLC in there ad charge full price for the game once more.

Not really, no.

Don´t see it coming.

It will just be the updated base game.

Hydrargyrus

Well... I've just bought it during the PSN sales and I haven't started yet. If there are some improvements for the gameplay, I really hope these will be free for everyone.

I hope there won't be exclusive content only for the enhanced versión.

the EEs were free for W1 and W2, but those games didn't have any paid DLC. so it's pretty safe to assume that W3's EE either won't be free, or won't include any of the expansions

Hmm but what would be the point of this release then? If the EE is a free patch for the people who have the vanillia release, and this only includes the free dlcs, then why would anyone choose to buy the more expensive EE version when they could just get the cheaper vanillia version and download all the dlc for free? I guess they could be targeting all the people who want to play the game but don't have a stable connection but that seems like an incredible small target audience to warrant a brand new rerelease.

patapuf

Not really, no.

Don´t see it coming.

It will just be the updated base game.

I could see them package in Hearts of Stone.

But Blood an Wine probably won't be.

Hmm but what would be the point of this release then? If the EE is a free patch for the people who have the vanillia release, and this only includes the free dlcs, then why would anyone choose to buy the more expensive EE version when they could just get the cheaper vanillia version and download all the dlc for free? I guess they could be targeting all the people who want to play the game but don't have a stable connection but that seems like an incredible small target audience to warrant a brand new rerelease.

It's mostly a second marketing push. At least it was for the past games. If you bought the old games at launch they didn't wait until the EE to patch things in. While it brought some new content/balance/fixes, some stuff was already patched in before the release.

It's worked pretty well for them so far. Then again, they didn't have anywhere near the sales they got with Witcher 3.

It's mostly a second marketing push. At least it was for the past games. If you bought the old games at launch they didn't wait until the EE to patch things in. While it brought some new content/balance/fixes, some stuff was already patched in before the release.

It's worked pretty well for them so far. Then again, they didn't have anywhere near the sales they got with Witcher 3.

Ah ok. That's pretty lame then. I'm hoping they do include the 2 expansions but if not I'll probably just get the vanillia version then.

Fuz

Banned
I don't understand.
Is this an "enhanced edition" Like for TW1 and TW2, with improved stuff and more content, or it's just the original game + the DLCs? If the former, what is new exactly?
If the latter, they shouldn't have called it "enhanced", it's kinda misleading. "Complete" or "goty edition" would have been more appropriate.

Nobody knows.

Thank you.
Guess we'll have to wait for them to release a statement, then.

GlamFM

Banned
I just remembered why I stopped playing!

I hated the leveling and skill system.

Was that a common complaint?

How likely is it that they change this system entirely in the EE?

they need a new certified game with all patches, DLCs, extensions on the disc.

Driveclub needs that too btw, there are 100s of DLC you must manually download it takes forever in the season pass

Jolkien

I just remembered why I stopped playing!

I hated the leveling and skill system.

Was that a common complaint?

How likely is it that they change this system entirely in the EE?

I would say unlikely at all. Leveling system is pretty much any RPG 101 I wonder what's your complaint. Skill system help restricting/balancing your build so you can't have everything, which I find vastly superior rather than having everything.

And no this complaint is from what I can see not widespread at all, many critiqued the combat mechanic. Not so much leveling or skill system.

Jigolo

Smart business move. Instead of waiting for both DLCs to come out they will charge $60 for this with October DLC so people can buy the May DLC for an extra $15 or w/e it is when it releases

GlamFM

Banned
I would say unlikely at all. Leveling system is pretty much any RPG 101 I wonder what's your complaint. Skill system help restricting/balancing your build so you can't have everything, which I find vastly superior rather than having everything.

And no this complains is from what I can see not widespread at all, many critics the combat mechanic. Not so much leveling or skill system.

I´m not sure, kinda forgot.

I think I was left with a lot of skill point I couldn´t use for some reason.

I also never felt like I really gained something from leveling.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping CDPR releases an enhanced game of the year edition with all the patches, free DLC and the two expansions for $60 at some point this year. I would be very surprised if they don't.

Gear is more important than just leveling in terms of combat effectiveness I think.

The abilities you get from leveling help, but equipment is more important.

Jolkien

Yes it can happen you unlock skill slot to equip skill at X interval (the game tells you) and you need a free slot to ''equip'' the talent. During my play through at some point I think I had 2 or 3 skills point waiting to be distributed. It was a bit annoying but as I said I prefer to be restricted than having everything. I played with a physical and alchemy heavy build for the vast majority of the game. For the first DLC I went with a casting/alchemy build.

The only tree I'd say that early you don't really see the oomph your gaining with your skill point is the physical tree. (The red one). The signs tree (blue) and alchemy (green) really take no time at all to notice the improvement.

Drakhyrr

My take, knowing CDPR, is that the Enhanced Edition will be the game + expansions + a patch including new content and some changes to it all.

The patch part will also be freely available to everyone who owns the game whether they have the expansions or not. Because this is CDPR.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
CDPR never charge us for enhanced edition if we own the vanilla version.

The Witcher 3 is the first entry to have paid DLC, though, so if the EE includes all of it, then I would imagine the only people slated to get it for free are those who own both the game and Season Pass, with the rest having to settle for a loyalty discount.

Edit: Alternatively, it could be a Dying Light situation whereby the Enhanced Edition is a game + Season Pass bundle, with the former receiving a gameplay update.

xch1n

I own but have never played EE for 1 and 2 on PC. I wanted to play W3 on console, and was waiting for the Enhanced Edition to pick that up. I'm pretty sure that my PC versions had all the DLC though? Definitely hoping for a complete package to pick up. I've heard a lot of good things about 3.

Top Bottom