• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[The Witcher 3] Modding "The Witcher 3". Mods and discussion within

Skii

I've looked through what the extract pulls out and it doesn't seem any UI elements are included unfortunately.

Ah that sucks.

The Witcher 3 has native DS4 support and yet they can't be bothered with adding in DS4 overlays. Will make the game look less polished for no reason. If they didn't already have a PS4 version released, I'd understand why it would be difficult but there is no excuse considering they've already written code for it.

Oh well.

Denton

The close camera is nice, but too low for my taste. I hope someone does camera how it was in Witcher 2 - centered, zoomed in more than in TW3 but not quite as much as in this mod.

Skip Movies just popped up and looks pretty great. Finally a way to skip the game-startup logo videos without mashing a button!

I'm gonna give it and the map zoom mod a shot and then I'll report back with how well they work.

The close camera is nice, but too low for my taste. I hope someone does camera how it was in Witcher 2 - centered, zoomed in more than in TW3 but not quite as much as in this mod.
Close cam is also completely user configurable, requiring you to just change a couple numbers for the coordinates you want. Instructions on the main page of the mod.

Skip Movies and Main Map Zoom are actually really great.

Skip Movies is without fault, in my opinion, and boots the game straight into the main menu.

Main Map Zoom is almost without fault. My only complaint is that the map starts all the way zoomed out every time you open in. I'm also not entirely sure that I like that you can zoom in as far as you want.

Either way, both are pretty great and aren't mods that (I feel) breaks how the game was "meant to be played".

jediyoshi

Short Hair Geralt
EpP1K0R.jpg

VO1FEYQ.jpg

Simple texture mod. Next time I'll try to delete the hair mesh altogether, might have some performance benefit not having to be doing the hair physics constantly. Importer didn't like using a completely empty fbx file.

AU Tiger

Anyone here know anything about this tweet here

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/632182348260470784

and the problems people are having with it. It sounds like this is nowhere near as good of a mod toolkit as we were promised and I was wondering if anyone here knew anything else about this.

Guys on the witcher reddit are thinking he misspoke or just didn't communicate CDPR's intents.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/co...red_confirms_no_redkit_editor_planned/cu3stck

Cday

Banned
If someone fixes the camera loop animation stutter on foot and on horse back, I would maybe offer them sexual favours.

Maybe.

Yeah seriously. It was making me think the game had framerate issues so I turned on shadowplay and it was staying between 50-60 fps. That's what I figured was causing it since it seemed to match up with the movement animation.

KingBroly

Banned
I need some help here, as I'm completely new to downloading mods and getting them to work.

I've downloaded 2 mod folders from Nexus Mods, created a Mod folder in the Witcher 3 files, and I downloaded the mod tools. But I can't seem to get these mods to work. They are the No Level Requirement and No Weight Limit mods.

Do I need to start a new game to get them to work or something? I've tried following tutorials on youtube, but I can't figure it out, so I turn to the PC brethren of NeoGaf for help.

EDIT: I have it on GOG, btw.

I need some help here, as I'm completely new to downloading mods and getting them to work.

I've downloaded 2 mod folders from Nexus Mods, created a Mod folder in the Witcher 3 files, and I downloaded the mod tools. But I can't seem to get these mods to work. They are the No Level Requirement and No Weight Limit mods.

Do I need to start a new game to get them to work or something? I've tried following tutorials on youtube, but I can't figure it out, so I turn to the PC brethren of NeoGaf for help.

EDIT: I have it on GOG, btw.
Those mods should work with the Mod Manager (easy install) from Nexus now, I think they've been updated with the modkit to work with it. If not, simply extract the files from the zip file, there shoud be a "mod*nameofthemodhere*" folder and all you do is copy that folder to the "Mods" folder in the Witcher 3 directory.

There are some mods that require a bit more of work, but if I recall those two are that straightforward.

Some neat mods being released.

Concept art bear armor.

p9cZAwx.jpg

Still miles from the original concept :

I mean, Ursine armor is one of the best looking if not my favorite in the game. Then it turns to shit tier armor. The mod fix it a bit but its only color fix. It's not yet the original concept. I wish someday, someone will add that.

Also I wish CDPR adds an entire Viper set gear and quest. And if they do, we'll have 2 light, 2 medium and only one witcher heavy armor set so they will have to create another heavy one hehehehe. Dragon School ? Golem School ? hehehe

KingBroly

Banned
Those mods should work with the Mod Manager (easy install) from Nexus now, I think they've been updated with the modkit to work with it. If not, simply extract the files from the zip file, there shoud be a "mod*nameofthemodhere*" folder and all you do is copy that folder to the "Mods" folder in the Witcher 3 directory.

There are some mods that require a bit more of work, but if I recall those two are that straightforward.

Oh, so there's a Mod Manager that I need?

EDIT: and I can't download the mod manager because it's over 2mb and I'm not a member. And I'm not paying to join their site.

Oh, so there's a Mod Manager that I need?

You don't need it but it makes things simpler. Didn't work with Witcher 3 mods up until now, but with the modkit out now there's support for it, people have been updating their mods and some already work with the Nexus Mod Manager. I used it with Skyrim and checked it recently with some Witcher 3 mods and the weight mod works with it, Immersive Hud as well, Cutscene lighting, etc.

Otherwise, just do the "Mods" folder thing and paste the mod there.

EDIT: and I can't download the mod manager because it's over 2mb and I'm not a member. And I'm not paying to join their site.
You don't need to pay, just register.

KingBroly

Banned
You don't need it but it makes things simpler. Didn't work with Witcher 3 mods up until now, but with the modkit out now there's support for it, people have been updating their mods and some already work with the Nexus Mod Manager. I used it with Skyrim and checked it recently with some Witcher 3 mods and the weight mod works with it, Immersive Hud as well, Cutscene lighting, etc.

Otherwise, just do the "Mods" folder thing and paste the mod there.

You don't need to pay, just register.

Okay, I did register this time. Last time I didn't see the option to just join given all the payment options they blinded me with. Now I don't know how to get the Mods to work with it, despite having extracted them and put them into the mods folder. It keeps asking me to click a specific file destination and not a folder, which it doesn't find.

Okay, I did register this time. Last time I didn't see the option to just join given all the payment options they blinded me with. Now I don't know how to get the Mods to work with it, despite having extracted them and put them into the mods folder. It keeps asking me to click a specific file destination and not a folder, which it doesn't find.

When you start the manager it will seach for your game folders, cancel it and browse to the Witcher 3 folder yourself. After that, go to the Nexus website and go to the mod page and click "Download with Manager" or "Download NMM", it should open the Mod Manager and download the mod into it, after that just double click on the mod to install (and uninstall). As I said, those two should work with it, but others won't (at least for now, some are being updated to work with the Manager).

KingBroly

Banned
When you start the manager it will seach for your game folders, cancel it and browse to the Witcher 3 folder yourself. After that, go to the Nexus website and go to the mod page and click "Download with Manager" or "Download NMM", it should open the Mod Manager and download the mod into it, after that just double click on the mod to install (and uninstall). As I said, those two should work with it, but others won't (at least for now, some are being updated to work with the Manager).

Not working for me :\

I click to download a mod with the Manager and it just does nothing.

I'm interested in the 'no level requirements for weapons/armor' but worried it might make things too easy. Would it make the game unbalanced? I'm about 15 hours in on my first playthrough on second hardest difficulty.

I'm interested in the 'no level requirements for weapons/armor' but worried it might make things too easy. Would it make the game unbalanced? I'm about 15 hours in on my first playthrough on second hardest difficulty.

The game in general isnt too hard unless you are constantly engaging red enemies and not dodging / parrying enough. I would not make it easier IMO by unlocking stuff before the time comes.

Coreda

Still miles from the original concept

It's only a texture swap, true. I'm hoping some meatier mods to arrive in the future create an in-world context for a mod's features, such as expanding Geralt's wearable clothing range by having the Novigrad tailor and other merchants stock more clothes to buy.

That and a player bought horse stable where horses you've Axii'd to become Roach would return to so you can switch between them at any point. Having a notice board poster advertising the sale and then purchasing the deed from someone would add an immersive element, such as seen in decent Skyrim mods.

Coreda

One minor thing I'd be interested to see a mod for is the backlight and color balance of the player model in certain areas. Here Geralt is in the shadow of a mountain at night. Obviously they didn't want the player to become too dark but the neutral color balance doesn't match the surrounding. Most of the game it's acceptable, it's only in dark areas where it's more apparent.

0aicEIx.gif

One minor thing I'd be interested to see a mod for is the backlight and color balance of the player model in certain areas. Here Geralt is in the shadow of a mountain at night. Obviously they didn't want the player to become too dark but the neutral color balance doesn't match the surrounding. Most of the game it's acceptable, it's only in dark areas where it's more apparent.

0aicEIx.gif

Hrm, never noticed that. I should take some screens to see if that consitently occurs.

Does anyone have a guide to installing mods for the Witcher 3 from GOG? I'm not sure which folder I should be extracting the mod files to.

Tovarisc

Is it just me or are all mods incompatible with latest version of the game, 1.08.4? I install any mod and game fails to compile scripts.

Is it just me or are all mods incompatible with latest version of the game, 1.08.4? I install any mod and game fails to compile scripts.
Problem must be on your end. Here's a list of all the mods I currently have installed and are compatible with 1.08.4:
- Never Encumbered
- Always Use Finishers
- Always Permanent Rune Glow
- Auto Loot
- Beautiful World Main Menu
- Ciri Hood
- Ciri Sea Eyes
- Close Cam
- No Witcher Sense FX
- Face Them
- Dandelion No Beard Model
- DLC Horse Equip Fix