• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Patch 1.22 Change Log

mf.luder

I had a few crashes with blood and wine dlc prior to the patch.

Just finished the expansions and now a little break before I start on a death march playthrough.

skybald

So is anyone having the problem on PS4 where NPC audio is very spotty. Some times it plays and other times it doesn't?
I did not have this problem before the last patch. I hope this one fixes it.

Also I do not hear Geralt whistle for Roach anymore.

ramuh

Yo. This update fucked my saved file up. Currently in Toussaint, at the beginning before you get to
Corvo Bianco Manor/Winery

When I first loaded up the save after updating, I couldn't whistle for Roach so I fast traveled to Velen and back. Could whistle after that, when I approached the
Corvo Bianco
/first time btw, I had the yellow circle to investigate, but when i examined the red corpses, he bented down but didn't make a comment or advance the story. I even went to the basement and fought the thing down there and still wouldn't advance.

Trying to reset it or whatever, I went to do another side quest in Toussaint thinking it would reset, (the gwent deck one) but it wouldn't let me advance that either!

Couldn't even grab a new quest from the notice board either!

Ugh.

Syntsui

I confirm that the Grandmaster Legendary Griffin Steel Sword is bugged on PS4 too. If any of you guys are on New Game+ and want the full set DON'T DOWNLOAD the patch, there is no way to craft it anymore, because now it needs the Silver Mastercrafted Griffin Sword as the material and it will create its Grandmaster version instead of the Steel one.

The original bug was that it required a Mastercrafted Feline Silver Sword, it was a pain in the ass, but you could at least get what you wanted.

Max_Po

Banned
WOW... the performance improvement on PS4 is legendary.

I played the game a while ago... now even walking in open areas its perfect!

Are load times on PS4 better now too? I've been playing, no joke, for like 9 months maybe 3-4 hours a month. I'm maybe... 15% into the game. For some idiotic reason I decided to start on the absolute hardest difficulty, and every time I play it takes like 45 minutes to remember how the combat system works, during which time I pretty much die every... single... fight, multiple times. And then go through a 30-45 second load time.

Yeah, I could knock it down to easier level but at this point its like some sort of ritual, and just going through it is fun.

i don't know if it's because of this patch or not, but i've run into game-breaking bugs today.

my quests won't progress. like if i complete a sub-objective of a mission, it won't go to the next part like it usually does.

i first noticed this when i was looking for Ursine armor diagrams. the map had a yellow circle on it and told me to find the hidden underground cave. well i found the cave but the objective remained the same. i then went inside and found the armor diagrams but the mission did not update. same thing happened with other sidequests.

i don't even want to try the main missions now because i'm afraid it'll screw up.

CHC

I know it sounds crazy but I'm beginning to wonder if some of the fixes listed were actually even included in the patch or were mistakenly left out. Don't think I have heard of a single person who has had Roach's tail, Corvo Bianco or the lock on bugs fixed by this patch. I hope there is another soon!

shmoglish

Are load times on PS4 better now too? I've been playing, no joke, for like 9 months maybe 3-4 hours a month. I'm maybe... 15% into the game. For some idiotic reason I decided to start on the absolute hardest difficulty, and every time I play it takes like 45 minutes to remember how the combat system works, during which time I pretty much die every... single... fight, multiple times. And then go through a 30-45 second load time.

Yeah, I could knock it down to easier level but at this point its like some sort of ritual, and just going through it is fun.
When did you play the last time? As far as I can tell they got worden after the Blood and whine Patch. Easily 2 minutes after every death.

Gator86

I bet they'll also patch the game for the Neo/Scorpio too.

I'm hoping this is true given their relentless support for this game. The base and two expansions are already game of the gen. If they add anything else and Neo/Scorpio the visuals, I can't even.

So what can you buy from the new art dealer?

RIP money glitch lol

Was he the only vendor near enough a beehive that it would work on?
I'm not sure how they've fixed it, but I'd assume it's not Willis specific. They'd already fixed it for new games, but it still worked for legacy save files on 1.20. I'd imagine that either they gave vendors unlimited HP, or they capped the damage that bees do to them at a very low number.

Assuming it wasn't a Wllis only fix though, then you could easily Aard a beehive down to the merchant near the bridge (near the tavern), and you could probably get one into the herbalist's hut too :)

PreFire

Gotta exploit the bee $$$ first vefore updating. I only have like 20k

Go for it.

I started getting crazy with it, selling diamonds and buying them back, now I have over 3 million and millions more worth in diamonds and green emeralds lol

Careful though, at one point the smith was only dropping like 2100 crowns max. I had over 10 million at one point but didn't save.. So when I emptied out my bank purchasing and reselling the diamonds and emeralds, he started dropping 2100 max.

If money carries over in new game plus, I'm set. 3.3 mill ain't bad

CHC

Gotta exploit the bee $$$ first vefore updating. I only have like 20k

If you are going to play Blood & Wine, I would shoot for about 80 - 100k. Don't go much over that. With that figure it will FEEL like you didn't cheat even though you did. You'll have enough to upgrade the base and make some grandmaster stuff, but you won't be able to just freely go no nuts. That's what I did and it was enjoyable.

So what can you buy from the new art dealer?
To answer my own question, there isn't a new art dealer. Instead, the merchant next to the grandmaster armourer now has a whole heap of paintings in stock. I forgot to count them but there are probably 20 or so, ranging from portraits, to abstract paintings, to landscapes, etc., all with unique frames. Very cool.

If you are going to play Blood & Wine, I would shoot for about 80 - 100k. Don't go much over that. With that figure it will FEEL like you didn't cheat even though you did. You'll have enough to upgrade the base and make some grandmaster stuff, but you won't be able to just freely go no nuts. That's what I did and it was enjoyable.

lol.

I dont think I have ever had more then 6k during my time with the game.

psychotron

I was thinking of doing a LTTP/RTTP for this, because I recently decided to pick it up again after shelving it a week or two after release. When the game came out, my tv had just been fried by a lightning strike surge, so I was playing on an input lag heavy piece of shit. When I finally repaired my tv back to it's former glory, other titles had released that took my attention away from Witcher. I figured it was okay to wait until it was patched properly.

After returning to it months later, having played Uncharted 4, Doom, Batman AK....I can safely say this game is an absolute masterpiece! I remember when Witcher 2 finally clicked with me and I was obsessed, and it's finally happened here. The scale of this game is incredible. It feels like a living, breathing world. I spend hours just walking around or riding Roach around forests or mountains. It's absolutely stunning. The side missions are more involved and well crafted than any game I've ever played, and the dialogue is fantastic. I've only just started Skellige after spending a lot of time in Velen and Novigrad, and it just keeps getting better. CDPR are wizards, and this game is incredible.

CHC

lol.

Between that fucking scam artist they call the Runesmith in Hearts of Stone, then the vineyard and grandmaster armors in Blood & Wine, the DLCs for this game will ruin be your financial downfall.

lol.

if you farm the new hanse forts, you can probably make 10-15k an hour...

I must have made at least 100k by now and I think I've spent maybe.... 7-8 hours over the last week testing different area-effect builds (e.g. Piercing Cold Aard or Whirl though this method really requires the Chort decoction because stagger will ruin you).

The cash adds up pretty fast compared to any other legit method. I've crafted GM versions of every set except for Wolven now and I think I have.... 20K cash and at least 5K in Enriched Dimertium so I could probably craft it too (and I went into B&W broke). And it wasn't really hardcore farming per se... I was just having fun mostly also trying to min-max my Sign Intensity or steel sword DPS.

jmartoine

" Fixes issue whereby Roach's tail could vanish.
 Fixes issue whereby some enemies' upscaled level would be improperly displayed as too
high."

Definitely encountered these in my short time with the game. Realizing roach was missing his tail was weird.

Is there anyway to get his tail back? Downloaded the new patch on PC but Roach is still tailless.

Top Bottom