• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

Fliesen

yeah, I'm out of here. I hate everyone.

actually, i appreciate more and more people getting their hands on the game.

especially those who are new to the series (as am i) who say that they are having a huge blast. Only increases my desire to get the game.
i'm binge watching a Witcher Let's Play and i might just barely make it through until tuesday ;)

Also more people who might point out any rookie mistakes or savegame / progress breaking glitches.

I'm in the "lucky" situation to have 1 week of (genuine! ;) )sick leave ahead of me and i'll be pumped full of antibiotics, snuggled up under a blanket on the couch, slaying monsters. So getting it before release isn't that big of a deal ;)

Lol some NPCs do have different quest you get when you play the game the first time. It's only some of them but yeah, that's new. RNG Quest generator.

Example: There was a ring with a women inside, you could challenge and fight her. I think the game crashed so they had to restart the game. So they talked with her again and this time she wants you to find a sword in the ocean for her.

thatJohann

Just picked it up in NYC. Curiously they are selling the South American version. Guy says it's the same. Just the cover is in Spanish. Anyone know if true?

Tovarisc

Just picked it up in NYC. Curiously they are selling the South American version. Guy says it's the same. Just the cover is in Spanish. Anyone know if true?

It should be uncensored and have English subs + VO.

Only middle east got slapped with censored version of the game.

Middle East and Japan I believe.

Jaki added that the countries that will receive the toned down version of the game includes the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon.
http://me.ign.com/en/the-witcher-3-...confirms-the-witcher-3-censorship-for-the-mid

erawsd

Well, according to CDPR, looks like the only differenece is the print materials.

USA and Mexico
Text: English/ Brazilian Portuguese/Latin American Spanish/French/Polish
VO: English/ Brazilian Portuguese/French/Polish
Print: English

Venezuela,Uruguay, Peru, Paraguay, Ecuador, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile
Text: English/ Brazilian Portuguese/Latin American Spanish/French/Polish
VO: English/ Brazilian Portuguese/French/Polish
Print: English/Latin American Spanish

nikos

Been resisting the temptation of picking this up since yesterday but I'm trying to hold out for that GCU discount + $10 preorder bonus at Best Buy. Almost there. :|

Son of an actual bitch, because Monday is a Holiday I might not get the game delivered until Wednesday. Even though it shipped out Friday..and its only 2 hours away from the shipping facility.

I can't remember the last time an online purchase went smoothly for me. I've had such bad luck, with Bloodborne the game never even got delivered, I think the Postal worker stole it.

thatJohann

It should be uncensored and have English subs + VO.

Only middle east got slapped with censored version of the game.

Jaki added that the countries that will receive the toned down version of the game includes the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon.
http://me.ign.com/en/the-witcher-3-...confirms-the-witcher-3-censorship-for-the-mid

Well, according to CDPR, looks like the only differenece is the print materials.

Phew thanks. Was worried for a minute. Can't wait!

YoodlePro

God dammit!!

I thought I was being smart by preloading it to play it early. But seeing all these early copies is making me go crazy!

This is the first game I have EVER preordered and I'm dying to play it.

jamster126

Neo Member
No. People are just debating if reviewers had 500MB patch applied or not.

If they did have a patch applied it would have been an early version of the patch because CDPR have said that they were still working on performance up until recently. Reviewers had the game about 2 weeks ago I believe.

My lovely girlfriend got me a copy at Saturn Hamburg Mönckebergstraße. Too bad that I won't be at home until monday. :(

TG2WhRt.jpg

Nothin' special. Coming from DA same ol' grind and lots of horse riding. Looks pretty, map itself is suprisingly huge, unique and comes to life, characters heavy detailed. Games buggy at times tho ( lakes gets this stain like/black effect ) have to reload save file to fix it. You get hammered with sub quest right from the start.. Kinna gets overwhelming.

ffba9c400f014da8e0cf1c4b9839ea17_zpsm5qyqf6p.jpg

66d8fdb2a64103440c46d90649b8d1b9_zpsc6unjysd.jpg

Codiox

I hope we get another patch pretty soon. I can't imagine how this game looked in February... They should have released it coming winter maybe to sort most things out.

Just picked it up Los Angeles area. Mom and pop, for 60 bucks he has both XB1 and PS4. I have the PS4 version with bonus content. Down loading patch and waiting for full install.

M.W.

Nothin' special. Coming from DA same ol' grind and lots of horse riding. Looks pretty, map itself is suprisingly huge, unique and comes to life, characters heavy detailed. Games buggy at times tho ( lakes gets this stain like/black effect ) have to reload save file to fix it. You get hammered with sub quest right from the start.. Kinna gets overwhelming.

ffba9c400f014da8e0cf1c4b9839ea17_zpsm5qyqf6p.jpg

66d8fdb2a64103440c46d90649b8d1b9_zpsc6unjysd.jpg

Nothin special? Say wha...

Moff

damn at all the people who got it already, looks very unsusual to me, they should just unlock the digital versions
will never happen, I know

vwluke

Neo Member
Hey guys need some info. I was able to pick up the game here in NJ. I didn't realize till I got home that the case and all the instruction manuals are in Spanish. Is this gonna be an issue for me?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I heard it happens a lot playing gwent. Hopefully that's addressed in the day 1 patch.

day 1 patched already applied on 1.01

Anyone playing know how to get to hanged mans tree?

Keeps saying currently unavailable, game content not yet ready, but im playing off disk

Hey guys need some info. I was able to pick up the game here in NJ. I didn't realize till I got home that the case and all the instruction manuals are in Spanish. Is this gonna be an issue for me?

It's fine. The only thing in spanish are the material that come with the game. I.e. the map manual, letter.

erawsd

day 1 patched already applied on 1.01

Anyone playing know how to get to hanged mans tree?

Keeps saying currently unavailable, game content not yet ready, but im playing off disk

Well, all PS4 games must be installed to the hard disk regardless, are you sure it does with that process? Most games will load enough to get you started while its still working in the background.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Well, all PS4 games must be installed to the hard disk regardless, are you sure it does with that process? Most games will load enough to get you started while its still working in the background.

been playing for hours, when i check game info it doesn't mention installing any more

Furyous

Saw some PS4 gameplay on gamersyde. Loved the Hokuto no Ken reference.

What Hokuto no Ken reference?

Can someone hand me a sitemap to all the Witcher threads post release?

There's the review thread, the downgrade thread, and the official thread. Can someone make a thread that discusses choices in Witcher 3? Who's making the Gwent thread or does that go in the OT?

People that own it, how's gwent treating you?

Top Bottom