• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: PS4 vs XB1 video (Gamersyde)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xion4360

I think you can do a systemwide drop to 720p in the options on both consoles. I wonder if that would change the framerate.

I dont think it does.. it doesnt change the native resolution of the game, it would just downsample it ,so the game wouldnt know it could be running easier. I think FFXIV lets you drop the resolution to 720 in game and it improves performance.

FATALITY

Banned
[Call-Me-G];164214970 said:
I hate reading this. If you need DF to notice any difference between the two versions, it means that differences are nanoscopic.

[Call-Me-G];164215426 said:
If you can't notice something by yourself, why should you be upset by the differences between two versions of a game ?

dude just shut up.
you are so right, but doesn't matter lol

I think you can do a systemwide drop to 720p in the options on both consoles. I wonder if that would change the framerate.

That would not change the resolution their engine is rendering at, though. So I would only get downscaling (which I am already getting anyway), not an improved framerate.

demigod

the xb1 version has more feeling and emotion. as the camera pans and stutters you can literally feel the weight and nervousness in the cameraman's heart as he stares at the terrifying griffin. the ps4 version is fake and gamey with how the camera moves smoothly.

xb1 is the best translation of the books due to this fact.

Wow, you should definitely see if you can get a job at Digital Foundry.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Dude why? Just wait for DF article.

2 of the near by best buys listed it sold out when I tried to check out just didn't want actually be sold out if I wanted the ps4 version. Takes me 10 mins on way home to return either one if when I sure of which Witcher is which. My best buys are always out of games...

As for the cheapness, reward zone stuff just gets refunded to your account in 2-3 days. It will be back plenty of time for splatoon that I'm getting 2 copies of anyways.

I treat preorders more as a gaming budget, doesn't matter what game money comes off as long as it off.

Guille4000

Neo Member
Oh, I dunno, I got the info from a spanish YT channel, that the 550 mb rollet out like last wednesday and he's now waiting for de day one patch (which according to him bumped the resolution).

Oh, I dunno, I got the info from a spanish YT channel, that the 550 mb rollet out like last wednesday and he's now waiting for de day one patch (which according to him bumped the resolution).

Interesting..

I'm leaning slightly XBO because I can add an external HD and I don't feel like opening the PS4.

Fat4all

Banned
Interesting..

I'm leaning slightly XBO because I can add an external HD and I don't feel like opening the PS4.

It's not like the PS4 is hard to get into, the cover just slides off.

468px-How_to_install_ps4_hard_drive.JPG

Noobcraft

I dont think it does.. it doesnt change the native resolution of the game, it would just downsample it ,so the game wouldnt know it could be running easier. I think FFXIV lets you drop the resolution to 720 in game and it improves performance.
That would not change the resolution their engine is rendering at, though. So I would only get downscaling (which I am already getting anyway), not an improved framerate.
I figured that was the case but it would be a cool feature. I know you could force PS3 games to run at "1080P" by disabling all resolution options beneath it, and it ended up absolutely butchering the image quality of most games lol.

The assets are absolutely identical, this is the best parity between those systems so far. Even the resolution doesn't seem to make much of a difference here.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

But then u have to reinstall os and everything, it's a pain. I added 1tb drives to my 2 ps4s and man was it an ordeal, didn't help that they just updated and dint have a proper link to current os on help site.

Xbox u just plug it in, that it.

Also ps4 maxes out at 2tb at the moment, Xbox sky's the limit.

Good point. Didn't know it was that easy!

But then u have to reinstall os and everything, it's a pain. I added 1tb drives to my 2 ps4s and man was it an ordeal, didn't help that they just updated and dint have a proper link to current os on help site.

Xbox u just plug it in, that it.

Also ps4 maxes out at 2tb at the moment, Xbox sky's the limit.

Oh, crap. Didn't even think about that. Thanks!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Too much work, plus you can only keep one of those HDD. Xbox One solution is much better, just plug in the USB and good to go, it just adds to the existing storage.

xion4360

The xbox one framerate looks flawless in these offscreen videos from another thread.
https://vimeo.com/127827564
https://vimeo.com/127828412

is this a joke?

its offscreen lol and even still I can see the stuttering.

Too much work, plus you can only keep one of those HDD. Xbox One solution is much better, just plug in the USB and good to go, it just adds to the existing storage.

yup, and I think thats coming to the ps4 at some point too.

demigod

Wow the game is not out yet, we don't even have concrete professional comparisons and the ps4 fanboys are already shitting on the x1 version. Choosing a version due to a preference in controller or other console feature is perfectly fine people. And a possible dx12 patch has been common knowledge for months now, though it isn't guaranteed and might not even change anything.

Looks like you're the one trying to start a console war. Don't call people fanboy. There will be no DX12 patch, CDPR is full of PR now. I take it you're a believer of The Cloud and dGPU as well?

The xbox one framerate looks flawless in these offscreen videos from another thread.
https://vimeo.com/127827564
https://vimeo.com/127828412

Oh boy....

But if he has his reasons for his preference who are they to tell him he's wrong?

Anyways, we're derailing this topic. Let's just let them be. :p

He's wrong because he says Xbone's controller is superior. We don't care if xbone is his preference but don't come in here saying the controller is superior and not expect to be criticized for it.

Mr Moose

Wow, if there is "stuttering" in those clips then I'll take it lol.

Oh I thought you were joking... It's filmed using a potato, I am surprised you can tell what the framerate is in those videos.

Edit: Isn't it stuttering quite a lot when they are walking down onto the beach?

eso76

Depends.
Some games are aware of dashboard resolution and will render accordingly, there were a few on x360 at least
NFS Most Wanted was 60fps in SD and 30 in 720p, for example.

xion4360

Wow, if there is "stuttering" in those clips then I'll take it lol.

you need better standards for this kind of thing.. the only video you should be looking at is gamersyde's after download. thats the only thing that will match what the game will look like when you personally play it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Fuck resolutions. My TV does not even support 1080p...I wish they offered the option to reduce the resolution to 720p so I could get a smoother experience, which is way more important...

This made me gag.

Fuck 720p! Lets make it 480i!

Erm no. Lets get it to 1080p or above.

Ushay

Just saw the video in the just quality, I literally cannot discern a difference besides one having very slightly better shadows.

big_z

Does the opening cinematic stutter on ps4 because it does on Xbox. the stutter might be a bug since it seems consistent.

xion4360

Sure, at 15fps. I just like to count pixels

as long as its a clean picture I definitely prefer better performance. It might have been better for CDPR to leave the game at 900p, then it might have been a closer match to the ps4 performance. even the ps4 version at 900p with solid framerate would be fine for me.

Looks clear enough for me to be able to tell that the framerate looks fine.

ooooooooooook then.

fuck that so hard. i HATE people trying to invite me to a chat while i'm trying to stay immersed in an RPG or whatever. why the hell would i want to talk to others if i'm focused on a single player game? i tried that once and the other person got mad because i didn't speak much... well what the hell do you expect me to talk about, what items i'm picking up or what? WHAT? i'm trying to concentrate on this boss fight, shut the fuck up about drama at work for the love of god..

it's madness i tell you. and custom music over the actual game soundtrack? more insanity.

Yeah, that sounds terrible. I mean, I've played games with custom soundtracks before, but only ones where that kinda makes sense (like Stardust, or racing games). I can't imagine an RPG I'd bother playing where I wouldn't have the music being played.

Well despite the slight difference, I'm tempted to get the Xbone version just because it's cheaper than on PSN. NZ$89 vs $107. What is this bullshit?

xion4360

Many say the stutter or the judder is present in all versions including PC.

the opening cinematic? the pre-rendered one?...that should run perfectly...ive had some prerendered stuff stutter on me before but its a playback issue of some sort.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
The assets are absolutely identical, this is the best parity between those systems so far. Even the resolution doesn't seem to make much of a difference here.

OK.... Say it enough and you will believe!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
He's wrong because he says Xbone's controller is superior. We don't care if xbone is his preference but don't come in here saying the controller is superior and not expect to be criticized for it.
But I too find the XB1 to have the superior controller, albeit slightly. At least from an ergonomics standpoint. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom