• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: PS4 vs XB1 video (Gamersyde)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
I'm glad I'm able to provide some entertainment =p

The Panelo part is a joke obviously. CDPR did an amazing port, no platform was compromised to cater to a lower common, all versions look their best on their respective platform is what I meant.

Clearly you haven't stepped into the downgrade thread...

t_wilson01

That's two times I've read in this thread someone making a naked eye comparison vs actual measured performance and stating that this makes the differences negligible.

PS4 is native 1080p all the time, and reportedly has a more consistent FR. Can someone remind me how many extra pixels that is every frame?

Ah, t'was humour.
According to what has been mentioned in this thread, I think it's something like:

Out in the field: 633,600 pixels
While staring at a brick wall: 0 pixels.

kyser73

Oh damn, should I go there? lol. I haven't seen the arguments, but anyone calling downgrades must've had an extreme high dose of Bullshots before going in.

It depends.

Are you a cheery person who can read YouTube comments without thinking that,as a species, humanity should be wiped out?

If so yes.

Piggus

I'm glad I'm able to provide some entertainment =p

The Panelo part is a joke obviously. CDPR did an amazing port, no platform was compromised to cater to a lower common, all versions look their best on their respective platform is what I meant.

Agreed. :) The game seems very well optimized given the hardware limitations.

Piggus

I'll purchasing the Xbox One edition of this game. Granted, my "Xbox One" aka the "SuperBone" is a little bigger than your typical Xbone... If that's even possible.

KSEKVsP.png

THRILLH0

Banned
It's comparisons like this that make me wish that they would take away the PS4 and XB1 captions for a few days and let people say "the left is better" or "the right is better" before all is revealed and many look like fools.

If rather they go the whole hog and mislable them so a bunch of the "PS4 looks cleaner/sharper/smoother as usual" auto posts can be exposed.

*Posts picture of my PC with witty comment* I didn't know this was the PC master race subreddit.

Anyway, I can barely see any difference here. Both versions are looking pretty damn good.

xion4360

Parity is just not assets, assets are always the same. He is ignoring the frame rate and resolution and calling it a draw.

again that talk was only referring to the assets, as in the game does not have noticeably worse textures on the xbox one, it was solely a commentary on that aspect of it. Its not true that assets are always the same and you should know that, sometimes one version has noticeably worse textures or something missing.

...ugh why am I bothering to defend a comment that wasnt even mine..guess I just get annoyed when people are so quick to mock it despite it being a perfectly reasonable statement.

Piggus

*Posts picture of my PC with witty comment* I didn't know this was the PC master race subreddit.

Anyway, I can barely see any difference here. Both versions are looking pretty damn good.

Oh lighten up.

I think we can all agree that regardless of the platform, everyone is going to have an amazing experience with this game.

longdi

Banned
I could never really tell with this kind of split video. Why couldnt they do a side by side comparison?

ironcreed

Banned
I watching some streams on my PS4 and I am still getting floored by how gorgeous it is. It's also plain as day that all of these screens and the footage is not doing it justice.

sTiTcH AU

Game looks really close to the PS4 version. Xbox one players have nothing to worry about. I have the collectors edition pre ordered for Xbox one.

ethomaz

Banned
What I noted...

- PS4 a bit cleaner (resolution)
- PS4 framerate better (that don't mean it is running at solid 30fps)

Cavalier

Banned
Yep, pretty noticeable performance difference sure is "minor", right?

Nope. Not much of a noticeable difference between the 2. Difference is very minor. If you have to sit up close to the TV and nit-pick every little thing, then sure for you, but not for me. Xbox One version it is!

m@cross

I am baffled by anyone who can't see a clear difference between the two as far as image quality. While not distinct in all portions, it is very noticeable in the video at several sections.

Either way, provided frame rate is playable on both versions, it should be equally enjoyable even if you happen to have the system with the inferior image quality.

Nope. Not much of a noticeable difference between the 2. Difference is very minor. If you have to sit up close to the TV and nit-pick every little thing, then sure for you, but not for me. Xbox One version it is!
Is there a scientific word for one's eyes being deficient at seeing frames per second in the vein of myopia?

le.phat

ps4 version is pretty obviously the better port, but it seems that we all win, unless the stuttering and framesdrops can get worse on the bone version.

demigod

ps4 version is pretty obviously the better port, but it seems that we all win, unless the stuttering and framesdrops can get worse on the bone version.

If by winning you mean same textures across all 3 platforms, then yes, us PC players won. /s

fossen

I have both consoles, but have been playing so much on the PS4 these days that I'm looking for something to give the Xbox One some life.

PS4 looks a bit better, but for me it looks close enough that I'm happy to buy it on Xbox One.

Coming into a console comparison thread to drone on about the PC is pathetic, nevermind silly.

There are lots of console owners who are interested in which console delivers the best performance and what the differences are and who also couldn't give two fucks about PC gaming and PC performance. Fancy that.

Very well said. It's pretty sad, for sure. But the usual suspects never seem to get it.

Anyway, PS4 definitely looks better, but I expect the XB1 version to have the frame rate advantage due to the dynamic resolution.

I'll purchasing the Xbox One edition of this game. Granted, my "Xbox One" aka the "SuperBone" is a little bigger than your typical Xbone... If that's even possible.

KSEKVsP.png

Aww, you think we're impressed. That's so adorable!

bombshell

Very well said. It's pretty sad, for sure. But the usual suspects never seem to get it.

Anyway, PS4 definitely looks better, but I expect the XB1 version to have the frame rate advantage due to the dynamic resolution.

Your expectation has already been proven to be off, PS4 version has the better framerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom