• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: PS4 vs XB1 video (Gamersyde)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brobban

I'm not trying to pull your leg here, but no I don't. It looks gorgeous on both platforms for me. Things like minor judder don't really bother, it's when we get Unity levels of lag I start to worry. That being said, a rock solid 30 fps does look v nice

I'm sure CDP will update any performance niggles they encounter, they've oitdone themselves here.

You're lucky. I had issues playing GTA 5 on PS4 due to the stuttering when drivin through town. If the XO version continues as it does in the clips, I wouldn't be able to play it.

Ushay

You're lucky. I had issues playing GTA 5 on PS4 due to the stuttering when drivin through town. If the XO version continues as it does in the clips, I wouldn't be able to play it.

That being said, back when I used to have a gaming PC, the stutter you're speaking of would drive me insane. Since transitioning to console gaming, it's a lot less noticeable for me.

The thing is .. they cannot be trusted anymore .. i am only interested in NX Gamer comparison

RT33lwI.jpg

:p

GRaider81

Game looks great on Ps4, getting some frame dips in cutscenes, haven't really had any gameplay ones yet but haven't played much.

brobban

That being said, back when I used to have a gaming PC, the stutter you're speaking of would drive me insane. Since transitioning to console gaming, it's a lot less noticeable for me.

Hehe, yeah. I invested in a G-sync monitor to get of the issues on PC :)

xion4360

NX Gamer Xbox One analysis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVphjF8XCFE

Game runs unlocked, above 30FPS for most part, frame pacing issues, subnative display for the most part.
Patch improved framerate in cutscenes at cost of AF.

yup, I could tell that a lot of the drops were actually a frame pacing issue, I said so a while back. This is great because it can be fixed pretty easily.

idk theres definately a lot of solid drops but much of the time it does look like framepacing, like back when I first played destiny it had a similar issue.

WTF, why don't they lock the framerate at 30hz?! Its almost always above..

I could see the last minute jump to dynamic resolution caused quite a bit of trouble. Hopefully they patch the frame pacing issues soon. At least we'd would end up with a solid 30FPS then.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
in the Gamersyde video some of the ps4 shadows are noticeably pixelated where they appear to not be on the xbone but its hard to say for sure due to the split screen comparison.

on rebelfm Arthur says the ps4 review build was very buggy and suffers from a memory leak when playing for a few hours. apparently it degrades performance and breaks scripting to the point where the game becomes unplayable and needs a hard reset. he says the list of day one bug fixes is long so hes interested to see how the shipped version performs. if the patch doesnt live up to its claims then it sounds like the game is going to be a mess, especially for poop-socker.
Ugh, that scares the living shit out of me.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
As one who owns both consoles, the analysis comparing the two has led me to believe controller preference is all I should focus on this time. It sounds like both could run a locked 30 fps and both have technical niggles at this time.

Black Hat

As one who owns both consoles, the analysis comparing the two has led me to believe controller preference is all I should focus on this time. It sounds like both could run a locked 30 fps and both have technical niggles at this time.

There is still that resolution gap though. NXGamer states that the XB1 version is running at 1600x900 the majority of the time.

Oh ffs, not this stupid conspiracy crap again.
I can't believe there are people that give enough of a shit about - how the conclusion will be used as ammo in GAMEFAQS console warz - that they're willing to make themselves sound like gaming's very own Alex Jones. "They hate my precious company! Its a conspiracy!" downright pathetic

Xtyle

I can't watch this yet so I'll ask this here: Does he say how he played the PC version? was he at the youtuber event?

He does compare the pc version to the consoles. Though he doesn't mention if he played at an even or has early copies.

H3 says texture, resolution, draw distant, etc are better on PC.

Journey

Banned
They removed occlusion and reduced the AF.

Conclusion :

DON'T PATCH IT ON XBONE :D

I believe he said only in the cutscenes, but during the game it was untouched. Another touch was they fixed the shadows and the glitching, that's pretty huge because it's distracting, it also looks like the average frame rate is better post patch. I would say you're better off with the patch overall.

Curufinwe

on rebelfm Arthur says the ps4 review build was very buggy and suffers from a memory leak when playing for a few hours. apparently it degrades performance and breaks scripting to the point where the game becomes unplayable and needs a hard reset. he says the list of day one bug fixes is long so hes interested to see how the shipped version performs. if the patch doesnt live up to its claims then it sounds like the game is going to be a mess, especially for poop-sockers.

He's a habitual liar.

Who'd have thought the consoles would be struggling for power this early in the gen? Usually this effect takes 3-4 years to manifest.
What are you talking about? This is a well done port that looks great and performs pretty well.

This is their first Witcher game CDPR put out for consoles alongside the PC version. These games are notorious for pushing hardware.
Comparatively, if Crysis in 2007 had hit consoles, we probably would have been able to run with the same tired narrative. Because that would have brought those last gen systems to their knees if it launched in 2007.

Lemondish

Vastly superior son

I could see slight differences, I'll be getting the Xbone version

The 360 controller was the undisputed champion of last gen. I'm a Sony fan and still feel this.

The One controller actually take a step backwards in some ways compared to that. Vastly superior, you say? Not sure that's nearly as close to universal as last gen.

Mindblown, they got the game running above 30 FPS. Lock it down to 30 tho.

lol. Every 30fps game ever runs above 30 if you unlock the fps. You need headroom for a stable framerate in demanding situations. Just imagine what a game like Drive Club needs to run at to never ever drop a frame in those crazy weather conditions.

ironcreed

Banned
in the Gamersyde video some of the ps4 shadows are noticeably pixelated where they appear to not be on the xbone but its hard to say for sure due to the split screen comparison.

on rebelfm Arthur says the ps4 review build was very buggy and suffers from a memory leak when playing for a few hours. apparently it degrades performance and breaks scripting to the point where the game becomes unplayable and needs a hard reset. he says the list of day one bug fixes is long so hes interested to see how the shipped version performs. if the patch doesnt live up to its claims then it sounds like the game is going to be a mess, especially for poop-sockers.

for those that don't want to watch he says xbox one is darker (normal for the platform), runs smoother and more consistent. ps4 suffers from heavier frame rate drops, especially in cut scenes and combat. he doesnt have the day one patches though so his comparison is pointless unless youre an offline gamer.

He is playing without the patch, which is why nobody else is reporting this.

SpokkX

NX Gamer Xbox One analysis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVphjF8XCFE

Game runs unlocked, above 30FPS for most part, frame pacing issues, subnative display for the most part.
Patch improved framerate in cutscenes at cost of AF.

Wow as i thought, didnt look like framedrops in the gamersyde footage

Then xbone almost certainly has a better framerate than ps4 since it obviously drops sometimes

So we are looking at another dragon age inquisition situation: Xbone wins framerate at the cost of lower resolution.

Imo framerate >>>>>> resolution so xbone version for me it seems

big_z

I need to see how often and badly the ps4 is dropping before deciding. terrible frame pacing that's always there is more distracting than having hard drops in certain situations. hopefully people tweet CDPR so they can get a day two patch for the frame pacing.

Then xbone almost certainly has a better framerate than ps4 since it obviously drops sometimes

So we are looking at another dragon age inquisition situation: Xbone wins framerate at the cost of lower resolution.

You aren't basing this on any empirical evidence. Most people have said that the PS4 framerate is marginally smoother at this stage. Let's wait and see.

Also, it does seem the Xbone version might have been the lead platform given how similar the game looks across platforms and it seems to be averaging over 30fps. In the 900p vs 1080p situation, the ps4 should be capable of running at the higher resolution with at least the same fps as Xbone.

omonimo

Banned

Or maybe will see another Dying Light situation. DA Inquisition runs at 900p not use dynamic res, so this game could even run worse of ps4 for this choice.

Ugh, I really hope the PS4 version doesn't have frame-pacing issues.

I don't know whether to play this game at launch or wait a few weeks for it to be patched. But I doubt I'll have the patience to do the latter. Lol.

Conduit

Banned

Em...nope

One of the many things that make PC gaming so awesome these days... You can just fix frame pacing issues and unlocked frame rates yourself without relying on the developer and patches that are stuck in certification for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom