• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next Gen delayed again

Draugoth

Gold Member
Update regarding The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next Gen:

We have decided to have our in-house development team conduct the remaining work on the next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. We are currently evaluating the scope of work to be done and thus have to postpone Q2 release until further notice. We'll update you as soon as we can. Thank you for your understanding. 2/2

Topher

Gold Member
Key And Peele Reaction GIF

Last edited:
The original still looks good and runs insanely fast with strong cpu.

How extensive will this update even be besides the obvious rt reflections and stuff?

If it's RT global illumination that's cool and all but you know that changes the art direction as well so it's a bit apples and oranges.

Basically I'm saying don't get too worked up about it

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Good thing they announced this before the next gen consoles were out what a cluster fuck. seriously during Witcher con oh it’s coming out in 2021 nope delayed coming q2 nope get fucked we don’t even know what needs finished to give you a date LMAO and they can’t even give us a idea on what they are doing

Good thing they announced this before the next gen consoles were out what a cluster fuck. seriously during Witcher con oh it’s coming out in 2021 nope delayed coming q2 nope get fucked we don’t even know what needs finished to give you a date LMAO and they can’t even give us a idea on what they are doing

You know it's bad when even GTA 5 EE came out before it.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
And ppl are expecting soon a DLC for Cyberpunk. Lmfao, cmon. That shit is coming in 2023-2024 at best, same with the next-gen version of Witcher 3 if it ever comes.

Hugare

This was from a few weeks ago.

Please read this, everyone

The decision was political and not related to the work that Saber was doing

Looking at Saber's ports and comparing to the Cyberpunk next gen port that CDPR made, I'm disapointed by this news

Cyberpunk looks and runs good on next gen consoles, but it's kinda barebones. Was expecting more RT features and etc.

Saber Witcher 3 port for the Switch was incredible, so was the Crysis versions for the console (many people dont know that Crytek was responsible for the other buggy, poor versions of the game)

Majormaxxx

Looking at Saber's ports and comparing to the Cyberpunk next gen port that CDPR made, I'm disapointed by this news

Cyberpunk looks and runs good on next gen consoles, but it's kinda barebones. Was expecting more RT features and etc.

Saber Witcher 3 port for the Switch was incredible, so was the Crysis versions for the console (many people dont know that Crytek was responsible for the other buggy, poor versions of the game)
Dang :(

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.

Don’t announce something before you even start working on it is the problem

LavosBit

Neo Member
I never understood the reasoning behind this patch to be honest. Witcher 3 is like seven years old at this point. It’s frequently been on sale for $10 and everyone who wanted to play it probably has and has moved on a long time ago. It’s also probably taking considerable time and resources to put together and CDPR is planning to just give it away for free. It doesn’t make any kind of business sense to me.

Topher

Gold Member
I never understood the reasoning behind this patch to be honest. Witcher 3 is like seven years old at this point. It’s frequently been on sale for $10 and everyone who wanted to play it probably has and has moved on a long time ago. It’s also probably taking considerable time and resources to put together and CDPR is planning to just give it away for free. It doesn’t make any kind of business sense to me.

It was one of the biggest games last gen so if any game deserves to be updated it is The Witcher 3. And frankly, CDPR really needs to get this done to build back some of the goodwill it lost with Cyberpunk 2077.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
It was one of the biggest games last gen so if any game deserves to be updated it is The Witcher 3. And frankly, CDPR really needs to get this done to build back some of the goodwill it lost with Cyberpunk 2077.

Nah, reputation is not so easily gained by just patching some old game to next-gen. As much as I loved Cyberpunk, their reputation is almost at 0 and only if Witcher 4 ends up amazing can restore it. Assuming we live to see it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This was from a few weeks ago.

So some of these rumors are real. Interesting.....

Top Bottom