• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following The Thread *Spoilers*
So I let the merchant go, his story did add up since he wanted nothing to do with his old band of mercenaries. Dude had a family and even donated to orphanages,
What did you guys do?

Forkball

Also does anyone else think the whole non-human persecution angle is kind of pushed aside in this game? Maybe I'm not that far into the storyline yet, but it was a major aspect of the first two games, yet not so much in this one. Yeah, they establish the fact that elves and dwarves are looked down upon and they live on the outskirts of Novigrad, but I've only encountered one miniquest that had the Scoiatel and supposedly (character appearance spoilers)
Roche is in this game, but Iorveth isn't
. It seems like Geralt siding with the humans in both games seems to be more canon, since Siegfried appeared in W2 yet there was no Yaevinn, and the aforementioned character appearance spoiler for W3.

This game has consumed me. I am spending waaaaay too much time thinking about it.

That is a good thing, it is like a good book in that way

Fliesen

Just crafted the complete cat set. Why the hell does the feline crossbow require lvl 29 when all the other parts require 13 or 14? Doesn't make sense...
if you're in for the trophy, the griffin gear is the cheapest way there.

I'm wearing full cat set (except for the crossbow) as well, though.

Speaking of crossbows - anyone know how to do the Master Marksman trophy? Is it just about getting the final hit on the enemy with a crossbow headshot?

and "human or nonhuman" in the Witcher world means human, dwarf or elf, right? anything else is "monsters", correct?

Is there any point of igniting candles or do they just exist to piss you off in situations like this:
BD65319DA84EEF5757A0F99C6D441EB1B1CAC4CA

kinggroin

Banned
Yea the tree with loads of twisted branches. You mean using Aard? I tried it but I didn't even think that could open doors. I haven't upgraded it though.

I don't remember needing to do anything at all here. Just walked into the cave :-/

Maybe its open later? Did you hear the tree talk? Use Witcher sense.

Cerity

man, there needs to be some sort of plant compendium or something. The cheapskate in me doesn't want to pay a herbalist for plants I can find for free but I can never remember where I find certain plants.

And now that I've given up finding mistletoe I can't even find the herbalists.

heringer

Also does anyone else think the whole non-human persecution angle is kind of pushed aside in this game? Maybe I'm not that far into the storyline yet, but it was a major aspect of the first two games, yet not so much in this one. Yeah, they establish the fact that elves and dwarves are looked down upon and they live on the outskirts of Novigrad, but I've only encountered one miniquest that had the Scoiatel and supposedly (character appearance spoilers)
Roche is in this game, but Iorveth isn't
. It seems like Geralt siding with the humans in both games seems to be more canon, since Siegfried appeared in W2 yet there was no Yaevinn, and the aforementioned character appearance spoiler for W3.

War changes a lot of things. People are more concerned about actually surviving now.

Stoze

Wow, you must be going over this game with a fine tooth comb. I'm lvl 15 at 35hrs. I wish I had enough time to do that. Sometimes I find myself rushing through sidequests, and not really paying attention to what I find at places of interest. I usually find it's "run to question mark, quickly loot/kill whatever is needed, open map, mark new question mark, repeat."

Yeah, I play completely differently than that. I kind of plan my play sessions in the Witcher differently each day.

For example, I spent almost an entire day of playing just exploring with the POIs off. Literally just running in different directions without my horse, taking the world in, and seeing what I could find. Then the next day I would feel in a mood for contracts and sidequests, and would do those exclusively. Then the next day I would just play gwent, maximize my armor, clean out inventory, read books I've acquired, and try out different skills. Today I just did all mainquest stuff. So yeah, I really like to spread myself thin over every aspect of the game. I also loot the shit out of everything.

The game lets you do a variety of different things in the way you want, depending on your mood. Does this better than any other RPG/Open World game, I think. Really keeps things fresh, and incredibly addicting.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I don't remember needing to do anything at all here. Just walked into the cave :-/

Maybe its open later? Did you hear the tree talk? Use Witcher sense.

Oh right. I think you are on about a different tree . The is another far South East in Novigrad which is huge and along the way quite a few high ranked monsters.

White Orchard query related to a journal you find on a dead s
py
. A telescope at his POI is directed at the Mill and his journal mentions a chest.

is the chest inside the windmill or is it the one near it beside the abandoned shack?

also nearby is another shack with a dead npc outside. The npc can't be looted nor can the shack be entered it seems.

is there any story behind this dead guy?

Anung

Un Rama
The glitches in this game are really undercutting the emotional impact of the later story. I'm at this emotional scene and it should be feels but there is a goat standing in the middle of the scene bleating and the characters are walking through it.

Powerful stuff.

Man, a mod that made nights dark as hell and implemented lanterns would be my dream. It made Skyrim so much better. Hell, a survival related mod in general would be great. Eat to survive and all that.

Stormus

Just wanted to stop by and say that this game is absolutely fantastic. I've played for roughly 40 hours are here are my very minor complaints:

-fall damage is scaled poorly
-occasional FPS dibs (PS4) and minor bugs (nothing game breaking)

... and that's about it.

Sanctuary

Anyone else end up with Count Reauen'e Treasure bugging out on them? I received both a batch of Pop's Mold antidote as well as the manuscript page, but the recipie is nowhere to be found on my alchemy list.

Stoze

My favorite glitch so far has been trotting along on my horse from a higher elevated part of Novigrad to a lower one, but the horse and me stayed on the elevated plane instead of going down. Or to better describe it, me riding on Roach 20ft in the air above Novigrad streets like a magic carpet

Moff

Man, a mod that made nights dark as hell and implemented lanterns would be my dream. It made Skyrim so much better. Hell, a survival related mod in general would be great. Eat to survive and all that.

well if you play on hard or very hard you will eat all the time anyway

d3vnull

if you're in for the trophy, the griffin gear is the cheapest way there.

I'm wearing full cat set (except for the crossbow) as well, though.

The trophy can wait. Just wondering why they would have such a huge level gap between the items.
Any other advantages if you wear a full set beside the achievement?

Well, last night I (Triss Romance-Spoilers)
Let Triss Go

It was actually a really well-written and touching moment. My "headcanon" was that
Geralt still had feelings for her, but knew that he needed to be with Yen. This played out beautifully in-game where the final goodbye between the two of them is actualyl really touching. Almost fell to #TeamTriss.

I think her arc is ultimately more satisfying this way though. Triss is off to do bigger and better things by acting as a leader for these mages than she'd do following Geralt around.

Now, it's #YenTime. ;)

Fliesen

well if you play on hard or very hard you will eat all the time anyway

i know you can't meditate to heal, but can't you just meditate to refresh potions, drink a swallow, drink a ... that one "instant heal potion" and then just meditate again to refill said potions and lose toxicity?

Maybe someone here knows, but I'm playing on ps4 and the controller vibrates just out of nowhere. I don't know what is causing it. It nearly scares me half the time, haha.

Corpekata

Banned
i know you can't meditate to heal, but can't you just meditate to refresh potions, drink a swallow, drink a ... that one "instant heal potion" and then just meditate again to refill said potions and lose toxicity?

That would probably be way more annoying than just shoving 3 pieces of bread in Geralt's face.

Maybe someone here knows, but I'm playing on ps4 and the controller vibrates just out of nowhere. I don't know what is causing it. It nearly scares me half the time, haha.

Yeah, it took my a couple of hours to figure out that it does that when Quen or whatever the shield-sign is called again wears off.

Moff

yes but takes ressources, too, and time, and is annoying, I simply eat all the time.

Fliesen

Let Triss Go

It was actually a really well-written and touching moment. My "headcanon" was that
Geralt still had feelings for her, but knew that he needed to be with Yen. This played out beautifully in-game where the final goodbye between the two of them is actualyl really touching. Almost fell to #TeamTriss.

I think her arc is ultimately more satisfying this way though. Triss is off to do bigger and better things by acting as a leader for these mages than she'd do following Geralt around.

Now, it's #YenTime. ;)

since i was entirely fresh to the Witcher series, the fact that
Yen behaved like a huge poophead (I'm surely not judging her by some dream Geralt had of her - hell i sometimes dream of exes and paint them in a very positive, and also naked, light)
while
Triss was great fun to be around and wore some pretty sexy ball gown
the choice was pretty easy for me to make. Also, i read up that
they're not mutually exclusive
and
you need to confess your love to her
anyways for a trophy, which added further icing to that cake

yes but takes ressources, too, and time, and is annoying, I simply eat all the time.

#1 reason for teenager obesity, right there.

hlakbr

ZlrDBmN.png

this game
more than 50 hours in and never seen skellige yet
the first witcher game for me, and at the same time the first open world game that didn't bored me to death after few hours, great great job CDPR
so far, this and bloodborne are without a doubt the absolute masterpieces of this gen

Coreda

Speaking of nothing, I don't get the thread subtitle. Is it a reference to something?

The last bit? It's a reference to one of the gameplay trailers where the VO mentions a number of story features over violent imagery, before adding '... and even racism' while an elf is shown being teased about her ears in some harmless conversation.

The last bit? It's a reference to one of the gameplay trailers where the VO mentions a number of story features over violent imagery, before adding '... and even racism' while an elf is shown being teased about her ears in some harmless conversation.

Oh, that's right. It makes sense now. Thanks!

Fliesen

I actually thought geralt got fat because of all the eating, but it turned out the armor simply made him look fat.

speaking of armor:

does upgrading armor sets (in my case, cat armor) also upgrade the looks of it or am i stuck wearing the same pieces of cat armor for the rest of my playthrough, even after lvl 20?

Geralt's medallion vibrates when it senses magic.

also, when you run out of stamina (when sprinting) the controller vibrates a bit.

Stoze

Anyone try an alchemy build?

Some of these decoctions seem really cool, but not being able to use other potions during combat isn't. You could get around that in the alchemy tree. The oils skills seem really powerful as well.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
How can I increase my adrenaline?
I do combo's and parrys without getting hit and I swear nothing is building up at all.
Is the little skull meter the adrenaline meter?

Maximo

Let Triss Go

Now, it's #YenTime. ;)

I kinda wish I went for
Triss because I have 2 quests that I can't complete because she's not here anymore...and found two items that Geralt has said "Would have got Triss to look at this...If she was still here. The quests aren't even failed just constantly in my uncompleted quests taunting me >.<

Sanctuary

How can I increase my adrenaline?
I do combo's and parrys without getting hit and I swear nothing is building up at all.
Is the little skull meter the adrenaline meter?

No, that's your toxicity level. The three blocks under your stamina bar are for adrenaline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom