• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickVic

You need to use Yrden, it's makes the specters body tangible in the circle and therefore you can actually do full damage.

Sorry, I actually meant alternate Yrden. I put 3 points into it to max it out. Regular Yrden was just too tedious for me in that fight and having to wait for it to get into that circle before I could attack.

Number45

Also latest patch has done fuck all for Novigrad on my save,
I had this earlier for the first time. The area with the Vivaldi Bank dwarf in Novigrad had a poorly textured wall in front of it (that I could walk through). Sorted itself out after 10 seconds or so.

abundant

What's the quest called with the women drinking the blood from the trailer? And the vampire who asks what year it is... Or the the quest with the succubus taking over the village in the GT review?

Anyone know or done them?

The quest with the Vampire is found in the sewers below Novigrad.

Voror

Weird, I just got randomly attacked by Whoreson's men for no reason. Was just running to challenge the second part of the Innkeeps Gwent quest.

tootsi666

143405507503838sei.jpg
This is great

Weird, I just got randomly attacked by Whoreson's men for no reason. Was just running to challenge the second part of the Innkeeps Gwent quest.

They attack me on the streets too and I don't remember doing anything to them...

Maybe they're just a rowdy bunch of whoresons.

AlterOdin

To be fair the chimney is still there (you can see the omgdowngraded smoke coming out) but it's shorter and only visible from the other side of the house.

And yeah, like I said, I'm sure someone can make a more accurate comparison with npc placement, specific weather effects, more setup effort. I just fast traveled, mediated to afternoon, gifed =P.

Was mostly joking :)

But the "enhanced" (soft forward lit something?) particle effects; was the thing that bummed me out most with the "downgrade", it looked really good.

That said, still haven't played it, waiting for my 980Ti.

\. Also buy every spy card you find. Gwent may be tough at first, but once you start building a good deck, it starts getting easier.

the northern realms (siegemaster) and nilfgaard (Relentless) decks are the best.
build with spies, medics, hero cards and high value "buddy" cards.
Two buddy 8 siege units with siegemaster net you 64 points alone.

If it's to the southeast part of the map, he doesn't play you in Gwent. You get some money and xp as a reward, maybe has some diagrams for sale. Their camp is near the the lone road south of where you rescued him, not sure of exact location and it's pretty easy to miss.

It must be because I can't find it. But as long as he doesn't have any Qwent cards to collect I'm cool with it since I want that trophy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Siegemaster deck definitely seems to be one of the most easily played and reliable so far. Once I got that strategy down I steam-rolled opponents.

DeSo

Banned
This game... jesus it's going to be tough to take GotY from this for me. So happy I gave in to the hype. I ended up playing TW2 before picking this up and the jump in quality is just ridiculous (and that was a really good game in itself). The only negatives (and these are not big negatives) I can think of is the combat is not great. I mean it's good and a huge step up from the second game but I feel it could have been better. The other thing is Roach is kind of derpy at times. Also a few bugs here and there that can easily be corrected with more patches. CD Projekt RED deserve all the praise being heaped on them, this game is some achievement.

TraBuch

Banned
Are the Griffin swords bugged? I'm up to the Superior versions and none of them have given me a Sign Intensity bonus. Sitting at 193% with and without the swords equipped.

Also, does anyone else's sign intensity randomly decrease? It's like the mutagens start being less effective, but when I remove them and re-equip them, they go back to full power.

I think I encountered a bug where I can't talk to the alchemist that buys the trophies for full price, no indicator appears above his head telling me to press a to talk. I'm on xbox one with the game on 1.04.

Edit: Rebooting the game fixed it.

Voror

Where do you get the Siegemaster Leader card? Is it random?

Edit: Nevermind, just beat the Nilfgaardian Nobleman and got it.

Sober

You probably will, Acts 2 & 3 aren't as long as Act 1.
With the way the game is paced, 2 + 3 feel short because you get a PONR trigger and most people will back off and blow through all their sidequests just in case.

It might be asking a lot of CDPR but if they do an EE of TW3 I would hope they try to populate the world with some more sidequests or character story quests post
Isl of Mists, as the only significant sidequest after that is Radovid's assassination
if you don't gamble on certain sidequests staying in your log at that PONR.

Are the Griffin swords bugged? I'm up to the Superior versions and none of them have given me a Sign Intensity bonus. Sitting at 193% with and without the swords equipped.

Also, does anyone else's sign intensity randomly decrease? It's like the mutagens start being less effective, but when I remove them and re-equip them, they go back to full power.
Sign Power gets updated when you draw the actual weapon. Also yeah, the mutagen glitch is still there, reequip the mutagen to update properly.

JoduanER2

I love this game so much. But I really hope CD release a new patch to fix this damned 20 fps lock on ps4 because it's really horrible play in this condition in some points. What a pity.
The final mission of the quest with Triss it's a fucking nightmare in performance.

i stopped playing because of that, i will sell my ps4 version and just buy the pc one.

Ultimadrago

Why can't you insta-lockon a prioritized quest objective in the fast travel map?

C'mon Witcher. Got me waving my thumbstick looking for the orange circle.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I still can't get that goddamn Gwent dragon thing that has close combat scorch. Is the only way through a random merchant? I'm running low on new ones to fight.

Okay I just encountered a new glitch where Geralt won't stop jumping, wtf.

Lol yeah, I encountered that as well the other day.
I thought it's my gamepad so I unplugged it. It's not working and I unplugged my keyboard as well. It's also not working and finally I restarted the game and it's fixed lol.

The song the female bard sings in Novigrad is incredible. The Wolven Storm I think. For me it really brought home how much depth of content there is in this game.

That moment was so beautiful and unexpected and really captured Geralt's previous relationship with Yennefer even though I haven't played either of the 2 previous games.

In awe.

Sober

Is there a way to get to Skellige without paying 1000 coins?
Start swimming.

1000 crowns is not a lot of money, a few monster contracts should get you the money, or just sell unwanted monster parts.

You can get it refunded when you get there, in a manner of speaking.

Lol yeah, I encountered that as well the other day.
I thought it's my gamepad so I unplugged it. It's not working and I unplugged my keyboard as well. It's also not working and finally I restarted the game and it's fixed lol.

Yep had to restart as well, weird glitch. I'm glad it didn't happen during an important fight, though that would have been hilarious.

No, but it's easy to get that 1000 crowns back. Search around for the captain near the ship right after landing on Skellige.
Start swimming.

1000 crowns is not a lot of money, a few monster contracts should get you the money, or just sell unwanted monster parts.

You can get it refunded when you get there, in a manner of speaking.
Thanks, just making sure I'm not missing an alternate path lol.

Sifl

It must be because I can't find it. But as long as he doesn't have any Qwent cards to collect I'm cool with it since I want that trophy.
You can win all the random cards before you play every merchant in the game, so even if you could play him there's nothing to worry about.

Exentryk

The song the female bard sings in Novigrad is incredible. The Wolven Storm I think. For me it really brought home how much depth of content there is in this game.

That moment was so beautiful and unexpected and really captured Geralt's previous relationship with Yennefer even though I haven't played either of the 2 previous games.

In awe.

Wasn't it? I really liked it too. The subtle facial expressions were great throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUAN_sOlGkE

I've been making mental notes of little things I reckon they can improve, possibly patched, or otherwise hopefully modded:

- A route on the minimap showing the way to your own personal waypoints like it does for quest markers

- the ability to zoom out of the map much further

- all shops and blacksmiths etc are shown on the map at all times

- re-organised journal - completed quests get grouped separately instead of all together in a long list

- the text that accompanies the quests all appears in the correct order, not jumbled as it sometimes is

- witcher gear quests and upgrades appear in the correct order in the treasure quest tab

- re-organised inventory - books, maps, letters, etc no longer all jumbled up

- books no longer in the same tab as consumables

- books are auto-opened and read when first picked up

- option to see go to accompanying books, letters, maps when viewing a quest in the journal

- No more overlapping NPC dialogues, like when you get to a new area sometimes and they all start talking at the same time

- NPCs still initiate dialogues amongst themselves even if the weather's bad

- better armor options, form-fitting not gut-inducing

- less sensitive Roach, no more stopping dead when you don't take a corner perfectly

This roach stopping for no reason during races is really getting on my nerves. Right near the end, ever damn time he stops and they blow past me. I try to avoid the races because of it but some of them are part of the story. Uuuuugh!!

Jintor

i hate roche controls. fuck you horsey, you're the worst. your only redeeming value is that you teleport anywhere if i whistle

Zom

Banned
I've been making mental notes of little things I reckon they can improve, possibly patched, or otherwise hopefully modded:

- A route on the minimap showing the way to your own personal waypoints like it does for quest markers

- the ability to zoom out of the map much further

- all shops and blacksmiths etc are shown on the map at all times

- re-organised journal - completed quests get grouped separately instead of all together in a long list

- the text that accompanies the quests all appears in the correct order, not jumbled as it sometimes is

- witcher gear quests and upgrades appear in the correct order in the treasure quest tab

- re-organised inventory - books, maps, letters, etc no longer all jumbled up

- books no longer in the same tab as consumables

- books are auto-opened and read when first picked up

- option to see go to accompanying books, letters, maps when viewing a quest in the journal

- No more overlapping NPC dialogues, like when you get to a new area sometimes and they all start talking at the same time

- NPCs still initiate dialogues amongst themselves even if the weather's bad

- better armor options, form-fitting not gut-inducing

- less sensitive Roach, no more stopping dead when you don't take a corner perfectly

yes please

Man I can't believe I'm just missing the Zoltan card, why didn't they patch this card in like the ones from the inkeeper from WO. I mean all the cards are in the same inn and they all become unavailable once you leave WO.

finally finished the main story. my ending spoilers
geralt is out hunting with ciri. ciri leaves to rule the nilfguys. not that bad i guess, could have been worse?witcher life til the end. i don't know how much better it can get.

disappointed i still can't finish the level 33 contract. npc won't talk to me, is scared forever. trophy is unattainable atm. that dampens my enjoyment.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Going through Witcher withdrawal, and it's NOT GOOD. Ended the game some days back, and even though I have a lot of the world to explore, do contracts and such, I really miss the characters, their banter and ...well, just about everything about the story. Going to install Witcher 2 soon as I haven't played it.

This may sound like an odd one but is there a way to stop myself from getting XP?

I'm an idiot and have massively outleveled myself from the main quest and want to stop getting XP for even small stuff until I can get back to some semblance of normalcy.

Jintor

so i took the boat to skellig early at lvl 10 and got
worked by pirates over and over until I finally managed to pull it off
. Landed, rode a horse to a waypoint, realised I was in over my head and fast travelled back to Novigrad.

I've a question about sequence breaking. I've 'broken' two contracts (not in the sense that they're uncompeleable, but in the sense I have no idea what they're about really) by just wandering into random locations instead of going to the initial quest-talky-person. I found some hag skulls in one place and I wandered into a castle and started some Contract White Lady quest. Is there still a way to go back and find out what the hell I'm actually doing? The initial 'talk to this person' task is marked as failed in the quest log and I generally have no idea who to talk to in any case.

Also there's not quite enough wander-into-random-quests in Novigrad but I haven't gone into too many buildings, so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom