• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

How do you place an open world game..my exploratory nature always wants me going in every direction..

And I always grapple over the spending of anything..I tend to finish games with too much everything, including skill points..

If the last row in each discipline requires 30 points and 35 is a high character level, do you have to be that specialized? Or are there plenty of points to spread well?

III-V

This may sound like an odd one but is there a way to stop myself from getting XP?

I'm an idiot and have massively outleveled myself from the main quest and want to stop getting XP for even small stuff until I can get back to some semblance of normalcy.

Have you tried maximum difficulty? This will slow down the rate of XP you gain.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This may sound like an odd one but is there a way to stop myself from getting XP?

I'm an idiot and have massively outleveled myself from the main quest and want to stop getting XP for even small stuff until I can get back to some semblance of normalcy.

The game already does this somewhat. If you're overlevelled for quests they turn grey in your quest log, indicating you will not receive XP for completing them. Helps the XP curve naturally taper out.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
After finishing Witcher 3 here are my final thoughts and how a great game is nearly ruined by so many little bad design decisions. I know many people won’t agree with me, but this is how I feel. I played the game on the second easiest difficulty.

First I will address what is the single worst aspect of the game for me personally:

1. The Combat. The combat is best described as a mix between assassins creed and the arkham series, with a little bit of the souls series thrown in. Except that it does nothing as well as those games and is a complete and utter disaster. In wide open spaces and one on one, it’s serviceable and for the most part I can manage, because you can often create enough room between you and your enemies to manage the fight.
However, it completely falls apart when you are fighting multiple enemies in small tight spaces. The situations don’t happen a lot, but when you are in dungeons, or taverns/houses. It sucks. In those tight spaces, the camera will often put you in an awkward position where you can't see the enemies and I often found myself getting attacked from an enemy I couldn’t see, which will often lead to multiple enemies getting good shots. And you end up having to frantically roll around to try to reposition yourself so you can get a good angle AND get enough space to use one of your sign powers just to create a tiny bit of breathing room. I don’t even know why the dodge mechanic even exists in this game since it rarely created enough distance to avoid enemy attacks. I also hate that Geralt is forced to commit to every animation and you can’t seem to cancel out of it. I have very slow reflexes and really struggle with parrying, although I was able to use it in one on one fights. I also hated how slow Geralt moved during combat. He should have moved quickly towards his enemies. The targeting system was off when dealing with a bunch of enemies.

Despite all of that, I eventually figured out that the best way to deal with multiple enemies when the game forces you into tight spaces was to make sure you started every fight with blocking engaged so that you could readjust the camera to a more favorable position. Doing that gave me a chance. Nevertheless, CDPR could take some tips from Rocksteady on how to design a nearly flawless combat system. I’d say do away completely with the strong attack option and make signs work the same way gadgets do using the Arkham control set.
I hate that you can’t force your way out of combat mode, in one instance I was on a boat and forced into combat mode, which meant I couldn’t jump off and was forced to arrow shot my enemies to kill them. Other frustrating things include Geralt getting attacked while taking his sweet time getting off the horse. I’m sure the response will be “git gud” and while it did become more manageable, it was never something that I didn’t hate. I also got the platinum trophy on Bloodborne, all the arkham games and Assassins Creed games, thus I do feel that I have some skill as a gamer.

The combat was the big issue and the following issues are little things that quickly added up to create a “death by a 1000 cuts” scenario and really affected my enjoyment on what could have been one of the greatest games of all time.

2. Geralts movement. It’s hard to describe, but I found it clunky. I find that if you are walking slowly and try to change directions Geralt would quickly dart in another direction. It was also a bad move to make the interact button the same button that makes Geralt run. If you’re walking on high up area and you try to interact with something only to drop from a high ledge. This brings me my next criticism.

3. Why the hell do you take so much damage when falling off a ledge? Why does falling 10 feat take away three quarters or my health? That's ridiculous. While most games allow you to fall from ridiculous heights with little to no health penalty, but in this game its frustrating at parts where you have to drop down several ledges and given its very easy for geralt to walk too far you can end up taking fall damage from falling the shortest of distances. This is a game. Dont make it be realistic. Bloodborne had fall damage perfect. The amount of damage Geralt should take from falling should have been 25% at most.

4. Map icons not always being present. This one annoyed the piss out of me at times. In a normal open world game if I need to see a specific NPC there is a map icon that will let me know at all times where that NPC is located. In Witcher 3 those icons would appear and disappear seemingly at random. I need to go and see a Blacksmith, why is there no Blacksmith icon showing up?
For the most part I now know where specific vendors are when I need
something, but why not just make them ALWAYS appear? It makes no sense and can be very annoying when you're in a new area or in a city that is difficult to get around if you are looking for a specific vendor. This made playing games with new NPCs a chore AND if I needed an item I often couldn’t find one. Seriously, how the crap did CDPR think this was a good idea? Trying to hunt down vendors added so much extra length to my playthrough, especially in the early hours.

5. Inventory management can be a nightmare. Where do I start?! For starters, there should have been a way to sort items, to my knowledge there was no method. For example, I'd like to know what items are heaviest, etc. Secondly, equipping items like bombs should have been easier instead of having to search through the slowest menu in existence. Crafting could be a pain in the ass, if you craft multiple things and you end up short on something you have to go back through the crafting menu and/or buy from the vendor which involved backing an out of the menu. One way they could have made it simple would be that if you highlighted the item that you were short of, it could ask you automatically if you wanted to purchase, craft or dismantle the necessary components to get it. People can argue that the this is part of RPGs, but it created unnecessary and unneeded frustration. Crafting was perfect in games like Farcry 4, Assassins Creed IV. Follow that model. On top of the slowest menu in existence. Towards the end of the game going back and forth between menus took sooooo long.

6. The load times between dying. On Xbox One they were an abomination. No idea if they are bad or worse on PS4. I used an external USB HDD.

7. The interact prompt seems to not work at times. I am not going to give examples, but far too often the interact icon would just not be present. This could affect some quests even.

8. Occasionally the crossbow would unselect between combat sessions. I almost always keep my crossbow as my go to item, but quite a few times I would have reenter the menu to inexplicably reselect it.

9. This was really only an issue when dealing with a pack of wolves, but let me run past the enemies without forcing me into combat mode. Most of the time I could manage, but in combat mode you slow down and Geralt has annoying tendency to turn around and when you just want to ignore wolfs it can be annoying.

10. Adopt the Fallout/Skyrim system of fast travel. Once you unlock a fast travel point just let us use it.

11. This is a complaint that is can be seen either way, but I found it annoying to realize that much later in the game that a decision made earlier locked me out of something else and that it would lead to failed quests later in the game.

12. Make all Gwent cards unmissable.

The good news is that I believe many of these issues could be fixed in DLC and/or patches.

In conclusion I feel that this game is really a 7/10 disguised as a 10/10 game.

It has excellent story, characters and some really well done quests and side pieces. The quests involving the Baron were some of the best written and most emotionally satisfying in any medium, let alone gaming, but the all of the little things really dampened the experience in places.

III-V

In conclusion I feel that this game is really a 7/10 disguised as a 10/10 game.

It has excellent story, characters and some really well done quests and side pieces. The quests involving the Baron were some of the best written and most emotionally satisfying in any medium, let alone gaming, but the all of the little things really dampened the experience in places.

ok what?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
list of complaints.

co-signed. The combat and movement are dreck, absolute pits. Inexcusable if the rest of the game weren't as good as it is. I don't understand how the combat is the way it is, frankly, with all the time they had between TW2 and 3. The rest of your list is mostly quality of life stuff I agree with. The falling damage is obscene, another thing that totally boggles my mind. 5 feet drop = death? Really?

I should say I'm loving this game, I don't really post in the thread but I want to see if I'm not crazy, that other people feel the way about combat/movement that I do. I could never give this game a 9 or 10 with how badly it actually plays much of the time, not quite sure how some reviewers were okay with that, but eh. This game is the definition of more than the sum of its parts.

Exentryk

so i took the boat to skellig early at lvl 10 and got
worked by pirates over and over until I finally managed to pull it off
. Landed, rode a horse to a waypoint, realised I was in over my head and fast travelled back to Novigrad.

I've a question about sequence breaking. I've 'broken' two contracts (not in the sense that they're uncompeleable, but in the sense I have no idea what they're about really) by just wandering into random locations instead of going to the initial quest-talky-person. I found some hag skulls in one place and I wandered into a castle and started some Contract White Lady quest. Is there still a way to go back and find out what the hell I'm actually doing? The initial 'talk to this person' task is marked as failed in the quest log and I generally have no idea who to talk to in any case.

Also there's not quite enough wander-into-random-quests in Novigrad but I haven't gone into too many buildings, so

There is no issue with sequence breaking. That's why they have the system they do, with each activity being a separate thing which you may or may not complete, but eventually, you can still complete the quest. I've done quests where I haven't even spoken to the quest giver, killed the monster and then just went back for a reward. Don't worry about it too much.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Different strokes for different folks. As with all games the experience will differ between people. Reading your post JohnnyFootball it sucks that you didn't resonate with the game like I did :(. I feel that way about everybody taking a more disappointing stance though, because clearly many of the issues that hampered yours (and their) enjoyment simply did not crop up for me.

Combat is probably the big line drawing factor for me though. I don't necessarily feel the combat can't be improved, but my opinion of the matter is that most people who don't like it quite frankly just suck at it and the problem is theirs, not the game, and I wouldn't want CDPR to redesign a perfectly functional game system to accommodate people who've failed to adapt to it. I don't want the click-to-win flow of Arkham, and I don't feel it needs to be like Souls. I quite like the direction CDPR went and how it has its own feel.

But yeah, different strokes. I like reading dissenting opinions on popular, well received games as alternate perspectives are always healthy. Much like how people slobber over Bethesda's Skyrim and Fallout 3, to me they're borderline turds, and I know that's an unpopular opinion. It's good that we have some variety in game design, and opinions all across the spectrum.

For example, stuff like this (which you admit to going either way):

11. This is a complaint that is can be seen either way, but I found it annoying to realize that much later in the game that a decision made earlier locked me out of something else and that it would lead to failed quests later in the game.

Is more or less the heart of what I love about role playing, the absence of which dulls other "RPGs". In fact, I wish Wild Hunt did more quest networking and alternate pathing.

Exentryk

1. The Combat. The combat is best described as a mix between assassins creed and the arkham series, with a little bit of the souls series thrown in. Except that it does nothing as well as those games and is a complete and utter disaster. In wide open spaces and one on one, it’s serviceable and for the most part I can manage, because you can often create enough room between you and your enemies to manage the fight.
However, it completely falls apart when you are fighting multiple enemies in small tight spaces. The situations don’t happen a lot, but when you are in dungeons, or taverns/houses. It sucks. In those tight spaces, the camera will often put you in an awkward position where you can't see the enemies and I often found myself getting attacked from an enemy I couldn’t see, which will often lead to multiple enemies getting good shots. And you end up having to frantically roll around to try to reposition yourself so you can get a good angle AND get enough space to use one of your sign powers just to create a tiny bit of breathing room. I don’t even know why the dodge mechanic even exists in this game since it rarely created enough distance to avoid enemy attacks. I also hate that Geralt is forced to commit to every animation and you can’t seem to cancel out of it. I have very slow reflexes and really struggle with parrying, although I was able to use it in one on one fights. I also hated how slow Geralt moved during combat. He should have moved quickly towards his enemies. The targeting system was off when dealing with a bunch of enemies.

Yeah, you really need to git gud. Small tight spaces can be annoying, but there are effective ways of dealing with that. The game has a lot of strategies that you can use, but you only seem to be using one strategy, and then complaining when it's not working for you.
Saying that dodge mechanic doesn't even work? Saying you can't cancel out of attacks? Are we even playing the same game?
You really need to think about all the tools at your disposal, like Signs, bombs, potions, decoctions, oils, and then prepare for each fight. Going in guns blazing and just mashing the attack button isn't going to cut it.

See some example fights here -
vs 6 Wraiths - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcerujidYog
vs higher level red skull monster - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCahNuZhqtk

EatChildren

not quite sure how some reviewers were okay with that, but eh

Because your experience doesn't transfer directly to another persons experience, and vice versa. Like, when people sit and think "Oh man, this combat is terrible, how can people like this?" for people like me it's the exact opposite thought process. How can people be seemingly so bad at the combat that they call it "dreck, absolute pits" and "inexcusable". Using these descriptors for Wild Hunt's combat systems is so alien and bizarre to me, because on my end it's almost the exact opposite: functional, responsive, strategically diverse, with a clear process of learned skills implemented to improved performance and reward. And again, that's not to argue against room for improvement, but when I think of bad, poorly envisioned and implemented, broken, frustrating, or low quality combat systems, I do not think of Wild Hunt. The combat experience on my end was very, very satisfying, the major criticism being that it became too easy towards the end.

Elsolar

Despite all of that, I eventually figured out that the best way to deal with multiple enemies when the game forces you into tight spaces was to make sure you started every fight with blocking engaged so that you could readjust the camera to a more favorable position. Doing that gave me a chance. Nevertheless, CDPR could take some tips from Rocksteady on how to design a nearly flawless combat system. I’d say do away completely with the strong attack option and make signs work the same way gadgets do using the Arkham control set.
I hate that you can’t force your way out of combat mode, in one instance I was on a boat and forced into combat mode, which meant I couldn’t jump off and was forced to arrow shot my enemies to kill them. Other frustrating things include Geralt getting attacked while taking his sweet time getting off the horse. I’m sure the response will be “git gud” and while it did become more manageable, it was never something that I didn’t hate. I also got the platinum trophy on Bloodborne, all the arkham games and Assassins Creed games, thus I do feel that I have some skill as a gamer.

The combat was the big issue and the following issues are little things that quickly added up to create a “death by a 1000 cuts” scenario and really affected my enjoyment on what could have been one of the greatest games of all time.

Okay no offense, but if you're complaining that the dodge move is useless, then this is probably an issue of you needing more practice. It's completely indispensable, especially in tight spaces, precisely because it lets you reposition yourself without jumping into a disorienting full-length roll. You can use to quickly reposition yourself behind enemies as they attack, then hit them with a back stab for extra damage. It's also extremely useful for dodging attacks that you can't block because you're facing the wrong direction.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Different strokes for different folks. As with all games the experience will differ between people. Reading your post JohnnyFootball it sucks that you didn't resonate with the game like I did :(. I feel that way about everybody taking a more disappointing stance though, because clearly many of the issues that hampered yours (and their) enjoyment simply did not crop up for me.

Combat is probably the big line drawing factor for me though. I don't necessarily feel the combat can't be improved, but my opinion of the matter is that most people who don't like it quite frankly just suck at it and the problem is theirs, not the game, and I wouldn't want CDPR to redesign a perfectly functional game system to accommodate people who've failed to adapt to it. I don't want the click-to-win flow of Arkham, and I don't feel it needs to be like Souls. I quite like the direction CDPR went and how it has its own feel.

But yeah, different strokes. I like reading dissenting opinions on popular, well received games as alternate perspectives are always healthy. Much like how people slobber over Bethesda's Skyrim and Fallout 3, to me they're borderline turds, and I know that's an unpopular opinion. It's good that we have some variety in game design, and opinions all across the spectrum.

For example, stuff like this (which you admit to going either way):

Is more or less the heart of what I love about role playing, the absence of which dulls other "RPGs". In fact, I wish Wild Hunt did more quest networking and alternate pathing.

I was able to adapt to the combat and it I became serviceable with it. It does have it's own unique style, but still I felt that I succeeded at fights later in the game inspite of it not because I mastered it. To me game design is good when I fail because it feels like it was my fault. If I died in the Souls games, I usually felt that it was my fault in this game many of the deaths I felt were cheap. While the Arkham combat wasn't too difficult I felt it was just perfect and there is a TON of things CDPR could take in to make it better.

While you may not agree with my main complaint, please tell me you agreed with some of my others.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Okay no offense, but if you're complaining that the dodge move is useless, then this is probably an issue of you needing more practice. It's completely indispensable, especially in tight spaces, precisely because it lets you reposition yourself without jumping into a disorienting full-length roll. You can use to quickly reposition yourself behind enemies as they attack, then hit them with a back stab for extra damage. It's also extremely useful for dodging attacks that you can't block because you're facing the wrong direction.

Yep, I agree I just flat out gave up trying to use it. Whenever I used it I never seemed to get a good position.

Yeah, dodge a lot and use all the tools at your disposal to their fullest.
Those tools aren't there just for show.

Combat can still be improved, but so far I'm enjoying it, lots better than Witcher 2.

Jintor

I got a lot better at combat the more I played but I still feel like it's a weaker point. I don't feel like I have a consistent feel for when I can cancel out of attacks, it's really easy to get mobbed and die, half the time you'll fade into a combat encounter and immediately get hit (and not in a Platinum "dodge the attack that was just in a cutscene" kind of way), and it feels like there's a weird soft lock going on regarding side-stepping and rolling that struggles with multiple opponents. The camera is usually pretty okay but it can get kind of assy when pressed up against objects; sometimes there'll just be a net or a tree or some shit in your face when you're trying to see where the enemies are and whether they're winding up or not. Oh, and I can't tell if my furious flurry of attacks will stagger or not, but maybe that's a mechanic I don't understand fully yet.

That said I'm still having fun and I've gotten a lot better at it, I don't feel completely shit all the time anymore and it feels *good* (except when it doesn't, natch)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yeah, you really need to git gud. Small tight spaces can be annoying, but there are effective ways of dealing with that. The game has a lot of strategies that you can use, but you only seem to be using one strategy, and then complaining when it's not working for you.
Saying that dodge mechanic doesn't even work? Saying you can't cancel out of attacks? Are we even playing the same game?
You really need to think about all the tools at your disposal, like Signs, bombs, potions, decoctions, oils, and then prepare for each fight. Going in guns blazing and just mashing the attack button isn't going to cut it.

See some example fights here -
vs 6 Wraiths - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcerujidYog
vs higher level red skull monster - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCahNuZhqtk

make no mistake about it, I am certainly well past not knowing how to deal with it. I pretty much never die from combat anymore now that I have all the best gear.

Stoze

Oh shit, didn't realize they patched in the missable Gwent cards from the White Orchard innkeeper. You can now get them from the merchant in the same area at Woesong Bridge.

Gawd, the level design is so good. It's that classic "good level design" of look 'round a corner a find stuff sort of thing. There's just stuff to find or do everywhere, even in the open world; it's everything I wanted Dragon Age: Inquisition and its open world to be.

In a related note, Skellige is incredible and going there was everything I have come to expect from the Witcher 3.

EatChildren

While you may not agree with my main complaint, please tell me you agreed with some of my others.

Changes to fast travel, no. Load times I can't say, but I hear they're frustrating on console, which sucks :(. I ended up sticking it on my PC SSD and load times were amazing. UI/inventory improvements absolutely. I think the way Wild Hunt presents consumables is pretty poor given how alchemy is handled and how important they are. There really needs to be a tab entirely dedicated to "gear" in a sense, not a weird hodgepodge of oils, notes, bombs, and potions as standard inventory goods when almost of all those only need to be crafted once. Fall damage probably needs to be reduced. It only annoyed me early on but yeah, it's weird.

The sum total of parts is where Wild Hunt succeeds for me. I firmly believe the idea of "perfection" in video games is a fallacy, and in my review I note it's a 5/5 experience on my end due to how much I enjoyed almost all the game systems extensively, irrespective of flaws, and how the sum total of parts come together. Like I can't pretend I didn't enjoy the combat or something. I really liked it, almost thoroughly, if not for some weird hitboxing. And I can't force you to share the same experience I had, or vice versa.

But again, that's where dissenting opinions are healthy, and why some people love Fallout 3 and I thought it was a sludge through monotony. Wild Hunt is legitimately a contender for my favourite game of all time, but it would be boring if everybody else felt the same way. Dissenting opinions give CDPR something to pause and reflect on to see where they might be able to improve in the future.

Anyone know the name of the song that plays when you encounter
Letho and/or Roche
?

It's basically a different version of the Witcher 2 theme.

Edit - Hmm, seems this is it. Still not sure what the real title of the song is though.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
In short, combat was the issue at the beginning of the game, but the remaining issues are what became much more annoying at the end.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Changes to fast travel, no. Load times I can't say, but I hear they're frustrating on console, which sucks :(. I ended up sticking it on my PC SSD and load times were amazing. UI/inventory improvements absolutely. I think the way Wild Hunt presents consumables is pretty poor given how alchemy is handled and how important they are. There really needs to be a tab entirely dedicated to "gear" in a sense, not a weird hodgepodge of oils, notes, bombs, and potions as standard inventory goods when almost of all those only need to be crafted once. Fall damage probably needs to be reduced. It only annoyed me early on but yeah, it's weird.

The sum total of parts is where Wild Hunt succeeds for me. I firmly believe the idea of "perfection" in video games is a fallacy, and in my review I note it's a 5/5 experience on my end due to how much I enjoyed almost all the game systems extensively, irrespective of flaws, and how the sum total of parts come together. Like I can't pretend I didn't enjoy the combat or something. I really liked it, almost thoroughly, if not for some weird hitboxing. And I can't force you to share the same experience I had, or vice versa.

But again, that's where dissenting opinions are healthy, and why some people love Fallout 3 and I thought it was a sludge through monotony. Wild Hunt is legitimately a contender for my favourite game of all time, but it would be boring if everybody else felt the same way. Dissenting opinions give CDPR something to pause and reflect on to see where they might be able to improve in the future.

The icons appearing and not appearing should be an easy fix.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Took the Baron at Gwent the first time, he kinda sucks tbh, burned his scorch cards way too early.

I got a little too ahead of myself though, tried an innkeep in Oxenfurt and got rekt. I need more spies in my Northern Realms deck, right now I only have 2.

The icons appearing and not appearing should be an easy fix.

Yes, but I kinda like it this way.
If all icons appearing all the time, the map will be clustered with icons and I'd hate that. I've already memorized most of the merchants anyway. If they want to "fix" it, please make it a toggle.

JoduanER2

So tl;dr, what is the current state of the PS4 version? Does it run well/look nice? Worth buying?

absolutely not, framerate is still like it was at launch, wait for performance improvements, as of now there is constant stuttering and 20fps when raining and on many other situations.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yes, but I kinda like it this way.
If all icons appearing all the time, the map will be clustered with icons and I'd hate that. I've already memorized most of the merchants anyway. If they want to "fix" it, please make it a toggle.

You can toggle icons on and off at any time.

The problem is that many are "off" when theyre supposed to be on;

You can toggle icons on and off at any time.

The problem is that many are "off" when theyre supposed to be on;

I thought you were talking about icons that are not appearing if you're far away from them. Some icons won't appear if you're too far away, and I like it this way. I won't turn off all icons on my map.
I don't think I have experienced your issue.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I thought you were talking about icons that are not appearing if you're far away from them. Some icons won't appear if you're too far away, and I like it this way. I won't turn off all icons on my map.

I've had a lot of weird niggling issues with the icons in this game. Like the blacksmith not showing up but me being in the right spot(which might be a time of day thing?) except there are other times where I see the icons yet there is nobody there, and I have to meditate. They're also not present when I quick travel, same with the barber shop symbol which is annoying.

Stoze

I think he is talking about that. I know the game well enough now to know where everything is, but if you step into Novigrad you should see icons for where all the Innkeepers are to better collect Gwent cards, herbalists if you want to buy herbs, armorer to craft armor, etc. None of those things are showing on your map unless you walk close to them, which is ridiculous in a huge city. Yet you can see where all the boats are and most of the merchants for no real reason.

It's silly to have some showing permanently and not others, and it's problem for a big, condensed area like Novigrad.

Grimsen

The game doesn't let you put custom markers, so vendors that you discover should definitely stay on your map at all times. The way it's designed now is pretty baffling tbh.

mujun

I've had a lot of weird niggling issues with the icons in this game. Like the blacksmith not showing up but me being in the right spot(which might be a time of day thing?) except there are other times where I see the icons yet there is nobody there, and I have to meditate. They're also not present when I quick travel, same with the barber shop symbol which is annoying.

I love this game. It's buggy as fuck though.

LOD takes a long time to load in sometimes. People and items floating in space. Map doesn't register smiths anymore. X button icons over heads take forever to load in. etc.

Has anyone figured out a way to make better mutagens with the current version? It won't let me create them any more because I have already crafted that item...

But I have never had enough to make a greater red mutagen and IMO that would make a big difference to some of my skills.

Has anyone figured out a way to make better mutagens with the current version? It won't let me create them any more because I have already crafted that item...

But I have never had enough to make a greater red mutagen and IMO that would make a big difference to some of my skills.
I think someone said you can drop the one you already have made, but I never tried it myself

Just fast travelled to a village and 7 sirens instantly fell to the ground all dying.
Had that happen once too. Telefragged.

Beefy

Once you are in Skellege you will get loads of red mutagens.

skyhaven

Neo Member

Unequip all your Mutagen
Go to your inventory and crafting material tabs.
Drop off ALL your red mutagens to make Red Mutagens out of Lesser Mutagen.
Pick up your 2 Red Mutagen on the Ground then Drop All your Greater Mutagen.
Combine 3 Red Mutagen to form one Greater Red Mutagen.
That's it really. Tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom