• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
a greedy god quest
I dont know which to do, kill him, tell the peasants or compromise
what are the pros and cons of each! I feel bad
killing him, but then at the same time I feel bad for the peasants

I was okay with demanding he accept the offerings the peasants could make for the duration of the war. He seemed to be, for the most part, a benevolent force in their lives. A protective creature, if a greedy one. I figured they were probably better off with him guarding them, as he had.

Chariot

Why isnt there any side quests in Oxenfurt? I have been looking forward to do the quests in the academy for a very long time.

It feels empty compared to the rest of the places in the game.
Probably because of the Expansion. First DLC will take place in Oxenfurt.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Fyke Isle? Been there done that. You'll get a quest to go there later. And then another one. And then a freaking third one.

Ok, but why does the "haunting" icon even pop up there if there's nothing I can do about it? Oh well, I'll come back when someone tells me to I guess!

Why isnt there any side quests in Oxenfurt? I have been looking forward to do the quests in the academy for a very long time.

Radovid closed the academy. Still, kind of disappointing there's nothing much to do there.

Ok, but why does the "haunting" icon even pop up there if there's nothing I can do about it? Oh well, I'll come back when someone tells me to I guess!

You've done the first part of the quest with the mage, I'm assuming? You might be able to use the thing she gave you -- I'm not sure -- otherwise you need the
magic lamp

Bishop89

If you kill him the peasants get unhappy, you're better off reasoning with the 'God'.

I was okay with demanding he accept the offerings the peasants could make for the duration of the war. He seemed to be, for the most part, a benevolent force in their lives. A protective creature, if a greedy one. I figured they were probably better off with him guarding them, as he had.

Yehhh, this seems the most reasonable option.

Cheers guys.

Edit: did you guys tell
the peasants about the underground lair? lol

Majukun

because it's the place where the first dlc will took place.

Moff

Can someone give me an idea of what the loading times are like in Valen on PC? Coming from ps4, they feel like they are over a minute.

it's everywhere the same, about 5 seconds
the worst part was that you couldnt abort the cutscene when you manually loaded a save, but the last patch made that possible

aku:jiki

Radovid closed the academy. Still, kind of disappointing there's nothing much to do there.
Wait, it's just straight-up closed and you can never go there? Huh, I thought for sure it'd open up later... That reeks of "DLC cut from the main game". :(

Yehhh, this seems the most reasonable option.

Cheers guys.
It's the path that gives you the most XP so it's what CDPR intended, though I don't feel like they really sell you on
the "god" not being so bad. I wanted to murder him for being a dick to the peasants
but I googled it and it is the best outcome.

Majukun

Is this game anywhere as good as New Vegas?

different kind of rpg IMHO..here you don't have as much freedom in actions and combat as the bethesda games,but you have a more consistent world ,better narrative and more interesting quests (although a bit repetitive in nature)

all in all is a really good game,you should pick it up regardless

J4g3r

The Missing Miner contract that came with this week's free DLC is on a notice board in Blandare (Skellige Isles) for those wondering.

It's a level 27 contract, about to try it as a level 24 on Death March.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You've done the first part of the quest with the mage, I'm assuming? You might be able to use the thing she gave you -- I'm not sure -- otherwise you need the
magic lamp

Eh, don't think so? I just went there as I was exploring. Found his notes and such, but nothing more happened. Guess I got a bit ahead of myself there!

I've done the quest where you and
Keira run around in the elven ruins, yes, and the short magic lamp quest before you leave. But she has the lamp, not me. Ah, maybe the "inivitation from Keira" quest moves this forward, haven't done that yet. Right after leaving the ruins I set off boating, and ended up on that island.

JJD

Can I sell all my books and contracts? I'm afraid to lose any quests or other stuff by selling then.

I don't want to carry all that stuff, and the menu is getting even more laggy.

UberLevi

Anyone know where I can get my hands on that damn Dimeritium ore? Stuff seems hard to come by, but all the Mastercrafted gear requires it. So far I've only had luck with dismantling rare swords.

JJD

Anyone know where I can get my hands on that damn Dimeritium ore? Stuff seems hard to come by, but all the Mastercrafted gear requires it. So far I've only had luck with dismantling rare swords.

I have about 10 ingots of dimeritium. Try to look at all chests and barrels on quests. That's how I found then. I'm not that far on the campaign, only now I'm doing the first Novigrad main quest.

Maybe some vendor sells then later.

Tacitus_

Wait, it's just straight-up closed and you can never go there? Huh, I thought for sure it'd open up later... That reeks of "DLC cut from the main game". :(

No, he closed it for political (or paranoid) reasons. There's witch hunters on the streets yelling that now is your last chance to surrender contraband books. Can't have those freethinking philosophers running around.

Chariot

Eh, don't think so? I just went there as I was exploring. Found his notes and such, but nothing more happened. Guess I got a bit ahead of myself there!

Keira run around in the elven ruins, yes, and the short magic lamp quest before you leave. But she has the lamp, not me. Ah, maybe the "inivitation from Keira" quest moves this forward, haven't done that yet. Right after leaving the ruins I set off boating, and ended up on that island.
Yap, exactly as you think.
Her next quest willgive you the lamp.

Yeah exactly. I did the exact same thing as you in the exact same order. That quest will allow you to progress.

JJD

Where do I find the DLC on PS4? Tried searching but came up empty.

You can buy the horse stuff on the first vendor you meet on the village on White Orchard.

And you can change your hair and beard style on a barber on Oxenfurt and Novigrad.

Cerity

I really wish they'd spent more time tightening up the combat, right now it just feels like a bunch of nice ideas thrown together and not the fine tuned, well oiled combat that I'm used to out of MonHun and the souls series.

Witcher contracts especially feel like a bit of a crapshoot, it's like they've put together a moveset and just made sure nothing was broken about them.

KHlover

Banned
I really wish they'd spent more time tightening up the combat, right now it just feels like a bunch of nice ideas thrown together and not the fine tuned, well oiled combat that I'm used to out of MonHun and the souls series.

Witcher contracts especially feel like a bit of a crapshoot, it's like they've put together a moveset and just made sure nothing was broken about them.

Idk man, killing that Lv 14 Basilisk at Lv 4 felt a LOT like MH :p
Granted, I play on difficulty 2/5, but it still took me 20min and the damn thing could kill me in 3 hits.

smudge

I have a question about being under leveled, I am level 14 and have done main story quests up to the one which takes you to Skellige which is marked as level 16. All of the side quests and contracts I have range from 20-33. I have tried a couple of them, but just get 1 or 2 shot so is very frustrating. I have done a tonne of ? markers in Velen. I feel like I have missed something major, or perhaps I just need to explore Velen more?

I am concerned that if I continue with story quests I will be close to finishing the game before I am high enough level to do the side quests? I understand there is still a lot of story to come and I will back and forth between areas, at least I hope so.

It just feels odd to actually be so under leveled in an RPG as I am usually over leveled.
Did anyone else experience this ?

Majukun

Idk man, killing that Lv 14 Basilisk at Lv 4 felt a LOT like MH :p
Granted, I play on difficulty 2/5, but it still took me 20min and the damn thing could kill me in 3 hits.

on hard difficulty usually your sword breaks before you defeat an enemy with >10 your level..believe me,i tried

some are straight up impossible due to the fact that they can heal themselves

Zomba13

Can you store items somewhere or have more than 130 weight limit?

You can "store" items on the floor anywhere. Just drop them and they will stay there forever (or at least are still there after 40+ hours of playing in different zones and areas).

On PC you can mod it so all items weigh 0.01 each.

Pooya

I'm level 18 and I feel I can take on everything now, my swords are way OP. I have enhanced oils and bazillion potions. I explored most of Velen, it took ages but I found some fat loot. The game is kind of easy now, even level 20 something monsters. Hopefully there are stuff in the game that really need a max ability character.

I bought the +100 saddlebags, 160 carry limit feels endless. Selling armor and weapons net you a lot of gold, it pays itself back quick.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
You can "store" items on the floor anywhere. Just drop them and they will stay there forever (or at least are still there after 40+ hours of playing in different zones and areas).

On PC you can mod it so all items weigh 0.01 each.

This is the best. No worrying about what you're picking up.

aku:jiki

Can you store items somewhere or have more than 130 weight limit?
Zerrikanian saddlebags allow 160.

This is the best. No worrying about what you're picking up.
Nah, there's no reason to worry regardless. I loot everything possible and hitting the limit is just a reminder to go off and sell it, which is a reminder to keep my economy going and also a reminder that I should probably equip any better gear I found along the way. Most things weigh very little, only armor fills your inventory up quickly.

Scrawnton

I spent last night crafting a new set of griffin armor (I'm level 8). The game is still full of surprises. I barely do story missions. I just discovered you can buy letters from blacksmiths that contain treasure hunting quests for armor sets. That's how I got the griffin armor plans lastnight. I am really starting to get into the loot system more and more.

I found a sword that is curved back and forth like a snake with neon green inscription on it. I am happy with the way the armor is starting to shape up.

Acinixys

Is any one else avoiding the fast travel points?

Im 30 hours in and have used fast travel 3 times max.

The word is so awesome to walk though that I feel I will miss out if I dont ride Roach everywhere

UberLevi

I have about 10 ingots of dimeritium. Try to look at all chests and barrels on quests. That's how I found then. I'm not that far on the campaign, only now I'm doing the first Novigrad main quest.

Maybe some vendor sells then later.

I checked with the Master armorer and blacksmith, and neither seems to keep it in stock. I used to have a lot, but I'm trying to get the Mastercrafted version of all 3 schools. All I lack is one now, but I've used up all my dimeritium.

KHlover

Banned
on hard difficulty usually your sword breaks before you defeat an enemy with >10 your level..believe me,i tried

some are straight up impossible due to the fact that they can heal themselves

Thankfully I had just repaired that sword before the fight and also had some of those mobile repair kits so that wasn't a problem.

What WAS a problem however is that goddamn scream. Stuns you and breaks Quen, yay. Just like in MH :p

Scrawnton

Is any one else avoiding the fast travel points?

Im 30 hours in and have used fast travel 3 times max.

The word is so awesome to walk though that I feel I will miss out if I dont ride Roach everywhere

I avoid the fast travel points whenever I can. The only time I use them is if I want to go to the city real quick for crafting. But I always walk back from the city to where I originally was.

Majukun

I checked with the Master armorer and blacksmith, and neither seems to keep it in stock. I used to have a lot, but I'm trying to get the Mastercrafted version of all 3 schools. All I lack is one now, but I've used up all my dimeritium.

did you do the
"white lady" (don't know if it's called like that in english,it's "dama bianca" in italian) contract?

in the tower there i remember being some dimeritium in the chests

is the new DLC out on PC? The new look for yen.

Also, how to you change her look?

If it's a spoiler on how to do so, just say.

I'm still obsessively trying to clear out Velen.

Dmax3901

Just got to Skellige after roughly 30 hours. Shit's crazy. Good to get out of Novigrad again and just explore the wilderness with Roach.

nbraun80

And then you try the gwent tourney and get reverse nuked.

Yeah I just tried the tourney a little awhile, was only lvl 16(it's 26?), figured it's just a tourney who cares. Won the tourney, but uhh other things transpired that won't let me beat that damn mission til i level up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom