• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the quality of the side quests drops off pretty hard in Skellige. Almost everything I've done there has been follow the GPS busywork. Velen seems like the high point of the game thus far.

newsguy

Thanks for the quest replies. I realize that as much as I think I'm paying attention, I'm missing key clues in some quests.

To be fair, despite his good intentions, Graham is at fault for letting in all the peasants. He's the reason for the massacre and deserved to die regardless.

Gwent is pretty tough in the beginning, but once you scrape your way through enough victories to assemble a good deck you just become a stone cold fucking murderer. I'm destroying all these named motherfuckers. Leaving goddamn radioactive craters all up and down Temeria. These lands won't be inhabitable for a thousand years by the time I'm done with them.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I thought the DLC's would release every Tuesday? Just read they won't be here until "later this week".

Not that I'm in a rush for them. I'm no where near Skellig and still haven't seen Yennefer (apart from at the very beginning). Still in White Orchard!

How do you activate Yen's alternate look on PS4? I'd like to download it so I can activate it some time later, but I wouldn't want to have it activated by default.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Gwent is pretty tough in the beginning, but once you scrape your way through enough victories to assemble a good deck you just become a stone cold fucking murderer. I'm destroying all these named motherfuckers. Leaving goddamn radioactive craters all up and down Temeria. These lands won't be inhabitable for a thousand years by the time I'm done with them.

And then you try the gwent tourney and get reverse nuked.

Cerity

Zq1xr3O.jpg

Fog doors? gotta stop with the fisstech....

aku:jiki

Good to know!

Well played, CDPR. Making sure we never quite have enough money, ever.

Geniuses.
I have over 19000 crowns. Stop being lazy with your looting, son.

My Northern Realms deck is pretty solid at this point, but I don't even have playable decks for two factions and my Nilfgaard has some shit cards (like 2 damage with no abilities shit) in it. I need more cards!

Jinjo

The merchant you saved in the beginning is selling the armor. Be sure to bring some money, the DLC is free, the armor is most certainly not.

Lol. So he is in White Orchard then? I downloaded the DLC after I left for Velen already. Is the armor worth it for a level 9 Geralt? I kinda rushed through White Orchard, usually like to get the story going a bit in the beginning in these kind of games.

SomTervo

"GOAT claim"
yeah ... no.
In content, maybe. Not in polish.

It's polished enough for me to be having some of the best fun I've ever had in an environment and world which blows my mind every 15 minutes, even after 35 hours, with only issues very rarely.

You can say it's not GOAT material because of its lack of polish, but that doesn't mean it's not a very polished game in general. The amount of content which is totally of fine in terms of polish outweighs the broken moments 50:1 for me.

Also, opinions opinions opinions. Other games do certain aspects better, but TW3 is on track to be my GOAT just because it's such a holistically well-realised universe and experience. I often can't actually believe what I'm playing. They only left out minor things which you don't notice because everything else fits so well.

I have over 19000 crowns. Stop being lazy with your looting, son.

Shieeeeet

Do you loot everything and sell it all? I don't even. My main source of money so far has been selling sign glyphs I don't plan on ever using. They often go for 50 a pop. Then I'll have 500 for about 15 minutes before I find a blacksmith or armorer and it's all gone again as I try to craft my stuff of buy new diagrams.

Vaga

Most of the time I don't bother with the horse, I prefer to go on foot.

This, for some reason I always hated horse riding in games well except RDR but here on foot feels the natural way. Was walking around in Velen in some forest when I hear Geralt noticing the wind intensifying then all of a sudden thunder crashes, sky blackens and rain starts pouring. Amazing atmosphere.

Chariot

Lol. So he is in White Orchard then? I downloaded the DLC after I left for Velen already. Is the armor worth it for a level 9 Geralt? I kinda rushed through White Orchard, usually like to get the story going a bit in the beginning in these kind of games.
Yes, he is in White Orchard. Should be no problem, you can return there any time you want.

Also level doesn't necessary represent yoru gear, you need to look for yourself. I think the armor isn't that hot and doesn't worth the price. Generally I am good with looting armor and swords until I can craft one. But if you dig the look, it might suit you.

artsi

Just finished with my return visit to (mid-game)
Kaer Morhen

How awkward is it
if you aren't with Yen
?

Not awkward enough
at least compared to my previous breakup experiences, lol.
CDPR really wants you to love Yen even if you decide to dump her. Triss unfortunately gets the short end of the stick regarding interaction and screen time.

Khasim

Errrrrrrrrrr Isle of Mists spoilers need help
It says some quests will become unavailable? Fuck did anyone notice anything missing? I haven't done every quest yet just really want to see where the story goes, but I don't wanna not see a quest because of it.
Quoting myself Incase I get a answer >.< don't want to miss out on quests.

The only quest that this event failed fot me at this point was the one related to the
dwarf gangster from Novigrad.
, can't remember the exact name.

SomTervo

This, for some reason I always hated horse riding in games well except RDR but here on foot feels the natural way. Was walking around in Velen in some forest when I hear Geralt noticing the wind intensifying then all of a sudden thunder crashes, sky blackens and rain starts pouring. Amazing atmosphere.

On foot is great, and on horse is only really great when you trot. Canter and gallop is too fast.

I had a weird revelation the other day. I don't mind being over-encumbered in this game.

I got over-encumbered for the first time while doing the Viper set quest. I was down in a tomb. I just plodded on because I knew my horse was nearby and that I could get to a fast travel sign to unload my stuff soon.

However, I found that being forced to walk was kinda nice. I walked about in the tomb, feeling like a badass. I had to experience the world at the pace someone would in real life. Then a wraith spawned and I panicked – "what if I can't dodge and my movement speed is gimped?!"

But sure enough, even when over-encumbered, you can fight as normal. Fast-walk, roll, dodge, attack. I took the wraith out with ease, then I strutted out of there like a badass.

It was almost like switching off auto-run in the open world. Walking felt like a much more natural pace. (But obviously a lot of the time one wants to get about quickly, especially when in the wilderness.)

I thought the DLC's would release every Tuesday? Just read they won't be here until "later this week".

Not that I'm in a rush for them. I'm no where near Skellig and still haven't seen Yennefer (apart from at the very beginning). Still in White Orchard!

Every Wednesday. Not Tuesday.

Exentryk

People that are using the light weight build and are near end game - Can you please tell me what your Stamina Regen is at? You can check using R2 on the character/inventory screen.

aku:jiki

Shieeeeet

Do you loot everything and sell it all? I don't even. My main source of money so far has been selling sign glyphs I don't plan on ever using. They often go for 50 a pop. Then I'll have 500 for about 15 minutes before I find a blacksmith or armorer and it's all gone again as I try to craft my stuff of buy new diagrams.
Yeah, I loot literally everything that glows when you use witcher sense, but I don't sell most of that stuff. Most sacks and crates just have alchemy ingredients and I don't generally sell those until I have 99 of them and see no reason to have that many. The main source of income is weapons, armor and animal hides, mostly looted off of killed humans/animals.

CDPR have been very good with hiding some good stuff among the countless sacks full of alchemy crap, so it's generally pretty rewarding to loot everything. You will get new diagrams or unique weapons often enough to not feel like looting random sacks and crates is stupid.

But sure enough, even when over-encumbered, you can fight as normal. Fast-walk, roll, dodge, attack. I took the wraith out with ease, then I strutted out of there like a badass.
I agree with the fact that encumbrance isn't much of a problem here, and can even be nice in the right area, but it certainly does gimp your combat abilities. I can't roll and run and stuff in combat when I'm encumbered.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Found a haunted location, but seemingly couldn't do anything there...? Do I have to aquire a skill or some item first? Don't tell me what, just yes or no.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How do you change it?

Should be an option on the main menu or under options. Pretty sure you cant change it mid game, has to be from the menu.

arcoN

Neo Member
One of the Best OT Titles i found on GAF :D !
Couldnt stop laughing for about 5 minutes !
OT Post itself is amazing ! Nice Work

The Game itself is Like Skyrim 2.0 - you just cant play the main story. You pass a Village on your way ... oh ... a sidequest... oh ... the billboard ... oh ... played 60 hours straight... still main quest from start.

And the downgrad isnt that bad that it was menioned - just turn saturation with sweetFX a little bit lower and its like a charm :)

Bishop89

a greedy god quest
I dont know which to do, kill him, tell the peasants or compromise
what are the pros and cons of each! I feel bad
killing him, but then at the same time I feel bad for the peasants

So many question marks, soooo many in Velen and Novigrad. I am now working to clear them all, but I am afraid that I am going to be way overleveled for the main quest and other side quests..

Main quest question, quest is in Oxenfurt, right after a playable flashback in Novigrad, when you interrogate
the guy I don't know the name, the one killing the girls. You are looking for Ciri and Dandelion. There are many dead girls in his room. My question, how do you interact with the girl hanging ? She's highlighted in red. Is there a way to get her down ? Also, there is a cave beneath the house, but a metal gate keeps me from going onward. Key somewhere ?

Dizzy-4U

For some reason my game doesn't remember that I want fullscreen. It always reset back to borderless window when I restart.

Is there any fix for this?

Chariot

And the downgrad isnt that bad that it was menioned - just turn saturation with sweetFX a little bit lower and its like a charm :)
Ah, don't lend those guys an ear. There is lots and lots of salt.

Like 5 seconds on PC but that doesn't help you and I'm just bragging.
lol, you're like the worst kind of fairy godmother.

"I wish I could visit the ball and see the prince."
"Tough life. Well, I'm of the to ball in my fancy magical carriage, see ya Cindy!"

Certinty

a greedy god quest
I dont know which to do, kill him, tell the peasants or compromise
what are the pros and cons of each! I feel bad
killing him, but then at the same time I feel bad for the peasants
If you kill him the peasants get unhappy, you're better off reasoning with the 'God'.

zkorejo

Why isnt there any side quests in Oxenfurt? I have been looking forward to do the quests in the academy for a very long time.

It feels empty compared to the rest of the places in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom