• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Apparently you can leave your items in any chest in any house and they'll stay there forever.

Not tried it, but it's listed in the mod thread.

EDIT: it seems you can't place them in a chest, but you can drop them on the floor of a house and they'll stay there forever. Testing it with some junk items, will check on them post story completion.

Guys please help me out here cause I am really about to pop a blood vessel or somethin...

is there a damn way to rearrange the order of your inventory?

I cannot believe that in order to use a cat potion I have to scroll down through 23452 books and notes...

Why didnt they at least put the potions on the top of the page like they did with oils?

I am seriously giving too much importance on such trivial matters, I know, still... help me out here...

Inventory sorting is available on keyboard/mouse input on PC, but it's not available on gamepad input. So I presume it's not available on consoles as well.
They really need to patch this.

Apparently you can leave your items in any chest in any house and they'll stay there forever.

WHAT? This is a game-changer if true. I don't dare to try it though. Maybe it appears to be working, but doing some specific event or action may override it.

sprinkles

I fininished the complete Baron/Anna questline and my what a ride that was. Baron is one of the best characters I have encountered in any RPG and the choices you are being dealt with are all kinds of eff'd up. And it all ended in a side quest...
He hanged himself in my playthrough, but at least I saved the orphans that way. I'll miss that drunken bastard, Geralt and him could have become great friends, and he treated Ciri well too.

Tankshell

Hold on what? I thought you could only loot items from enemies/chests (ie one way), I did not realise there was a way to bring up the UI to add items into chests (ie 2 way)... how the hell do you do this?

EDIT - I think this rumour has gone through the chinese whisper mill :) I think originally the tip was "you can leave your items in any house", not specifically in a chest. I think it means you can drop your items on the floor in a house, and they wont dissappear... I do not trust this though! I feel safer selling mine to a single vendor TBH.

Spent the past couple of hours storming the western coast, sending pirates and cannibals to their doom with steel and fire. Lots of sunken treasure round there; made a tidy sum when I finally managed to unload all of it.

Still not ready to go to Skillige. Many more treasures to be found, many more wrongs to be righted.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Piggybacking on some of the clogged inventory stuff before, is it safe to clear out all the notice board stuff? I was worried it would drop a quest or something so I've been holding onto them all, but the panel is a giant mess with them.

Aeana

After seeing so many people complain about the King's Gambit quest bug, I was certain it would happen to me. Fortunately, it didn't. Whew.

I feel like I'm lucky in that I only encountered one gamebreaking bug in the 58 hours I've played. Was in the middle of a battle when my sword became invisible and did no damage, quick load fixed that right up. And not a glitch but the horse traversal is really janky in comparison to the rest of the game. More than a few times where I glided off rocks and other objects or had Roach sink into the ground.

Pretty polished for an open world game of this size!
Short cut with a ponytail looks even worse.
That was my haircut for half the game before I came to my senses.

Stoze

You can put items in sacks/chests?

I do know that you can drop items and they will stay there, someone in this thread said they dropped a bunch of stuff at Level 5 and it was still there 70 hours later.

You can lose stuff if you just sell them, as items sometimes won't be avaliable for buyback. Also buyback is fucking expensive for no reason

aku:jiki

Hold on what? I thought you could only loot items from enemies/chests (ie one way), I did not realise there was a way to bring up the UI to add items into chests (ie 2 way)... how the hell do you do this?
Yeah, someone's doing some fibbing. The only options for a chest are "take", "take all" and "cancel". There is no "put stuff in".

Piggybacking on some of the clogged inventory stuff before, is it safe to clear out all the notice board stuff? I was worried it would drop a quest or something so I've been holding onto them all, but the panel is a giant mess with them.
It's safe. If you want to be sure, you can always just hang onto the ones relating to quests you haven't cleared yet and dump the others.

I mean, I can't 100% confirm it but it would be really strange for a quest marked as completed to just suddenly pop back up and require the note that started the quest.

Pooya

ok, in Skellige now. goodbye life.

island arrival spoiler

got my 1000 coins from the corpse of the drunk captain, so good hahahahah

Last time a RPG felt this good was Fallout New Vegas.

Am I near the ending? I've just met with
Ciri and we're now about to fight the Wild Hunt in Kaer Morhen.
Game is so good I don't want it to end just yet

Also, I've read about a merchant buying your trophies at full value price, where is he located? I've been selling a few for 30 crowns each and I felt cheated each time. lol

Also, I've read about a merchant buying your trophies at full value price, where is he located? I've been selling a few for 30 crowns each and I felt cheated each time. lol
You have a good 5-8 hours of main story quests left if you take your time.

What is that abomination of a haircut in your avatar?

April fools joke.
CBgb4KzUgAAgNxA.png

You can put items in sacks/chests?

I do know that you can drop items and they will stay there, someone in this thread said they dropped a bunch of stuff at Level 5 and it was still there 70 hours later.

You can lose stuff if you just sell them, as items sometimes won't be avaliable for buyback. Also buyback is fucking expensive for no reason

No, you can't.
Just drop them in a random or empty house near a fast travel sign.

Tankshell

He is located
just east of Novigrad city walls, inside the graveyard building. Also, he only seems to buy your items at certain times of the day...

Zomba13

Ugh, there the game goes making me feel bad again

Main quest in Novigrad, torture related

Oh my god they pulled out Triss's fingernails :( :( :( I was trying to roll with that guy and was listening to the torture in the other room. Fight broke out anyway when I asked about the money. I'm tempted to just reload and clean house without trying to talk to him because oh my god fingernails :( I also hope she doesn't take offense to the fact that I let that happen, haha

For me
I used Axii and a fight broke out. I saved and reloaded a previous one to see what happened and my god the fingernail stuff. I let it run through and in the end Triss had a bloody hand with no nails and killed the leader guy. I re-loaded my Axii one though because that is what I first did.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
I feel like I'm lucky in that I only encountered one gamebreaking bug in the 58 hours I've played. Was in the middle of a battle when my sword became invisible and did no damage, quick load fixed that right up. And not a glitch but the horse traversal is really janky in comparison to the rest of the game. More than a few times where I glided off rocks and other objects or had Roach sink into the ground.

Pretty polished for an open world game of this size!

If you try going up a steep hill at full speed with Roach and try to dismount then Roach will actually despawn. No joke. Been able to replicate it a few times. Not a big deal as you have to try hard to make it happen, but it does happen. They will likely patch horse traversal and make character control a bit smoother.

Oh, and there's another bug if you crash/park your boat too close to another and try to exit you'll suddenly get teleported to about 100-200m above ground only to fall back down into the water and take zero damage. If you fall back onto the boat however.....you're going to have a bad time.

Yes, some bugs, but overall a very polished game and great experience.

You have a good 5-8 hours of main story quests left if you take your time.
Thanks. Game had to end sooner or later but damn, wish I had a bit more. Then again, I'm thinking about doing another run after finishing it just to see the different outcomes of some of those sidequests. Been a long time since I 've enjoyed such a good high while playing video games. Game is fucking brillant.

There's all those different endings too... So good, but so much content. I'm hoping the different endings are as different as possible from each other.

I really think my game is fucked now. I get no music unless there's a cutscene with new music which will trigger the environmental music again. I lose it if I reload or die though.

God damn it. I'm like 70 hours in and there's a lot of game still ahead.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Has the 1.03 patch gone live for XB1? I played till 2am last night but never got prompted to update.

Man Gwent is so addicting once you build up a decent deck. I've been playing Gwent for like the past 2 hours haha.

Yeah I've put some good hours into Gwent myself, best mini game in a game ever.

CDPR should make a stand-alone Gwent game to play against other players online, take it as it is now from the game. I'd fucking love that.

HAL-x9000

No there isnt. I eventually ended up selling ALL of my old books and notes to a single vendor (the same guy that buys trophies off you at full value), at least if I need any of them back I know where he is...

Which guy do you mean? Where is he? Never found any vendor who gives me the full value.

Chariot

Wow, Fists of Fury really forces me to gid gud in combat. Can't cheese my way through with igni and have to actually dodge and block in Novigrad. Durden and the guy in the Sturgeon kicked my asses until I stopped doing what I did and started thinking. Me likey. Can't wait to get my ass handed to me again in Skellige.

SomTervo

I've been playing this as often as I've been able since release,which hasn't been much. I'm trying to find Iron Ingot and Silver Ingot to craft the viper sword set. How to I obtain those materials? Thanks!

Look for white question marks on your map and go explore them. Lots of loot to be found there, including plenty of silver. In White Orchars alone I found enough bits and bobs to craft plenty of Silver Ingots (pure silver, silver plates, etc. Dismantle these at a blacksmith/armourer to get more Silver Ingots).

Make sure you check your 'Crafting' menu a lot. I'm not sure why but it's hidden between Alchemy and Glossary. Choose Alchemy then press L1 or go left one tab. Check Crafting.

You don't just need pure Silver Ingots either, you can use Meteorite Silver Ingots or whatever versions you have. All count as Silver Ingots.

_Clash_

Hey dudes that have explored novigrad and were interested in Triss,

where's she staying after I clear the rat infestation. She told me but only in passing.

Chariot

where's she staying after I clear the rat infestation. She told me but only in passing.
Search for the merchant for sells certain artefacts. He has a few dolls. One of them gives you a quest you need Triss for. So, buy that dooll, take that quest and you have marker leading directly to her.

Stoze

I was curious about this as well, had to look it up.

She's staying somewhere in The Bits, not sure where exactly. You can find but can't really do any dialouge with her. She comes back into the main quest in the future so no need to worry.

Aeana

Wow, Fists of Fury really forces me to gid gud in combat. Can't cheese my way through with igni and have to actually dodge and block in Novigrad. Durden and the guy in the Sturgeon kicked my asses until I stopped doing what I did and started thinking. Me likey. Can't wait to get my ass handed to me again in Skellige.
Sadly, all you have to do on those is parry and you can’t lose.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, hand to hand is straight up just parry -> hit. As long as you don't get too greedy you can fist fight people way above your level without getting touched.

Lets say I go ahead and do all the story quests will I be able to return and do the sidequests and contracts later? because right now I'm early on in Skellig

Chariot

Sadly, all you have to do on those is parry and you can’t lose.
Didn't work against Durden, since he would throw a lot of hits in concession, more than my stamina could take, so I had to dodge too. May be still basics, but shows that I didn't had them really understood until then. If it's help my case, I was ten levels below him, when I fight him (do stats even change when you level up?).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
RE: Where the fuck is Triss in Novigrad? questions. Not going to spoiler, I'll just say the game presents it as a bit confusingly. She implies she'd like to speak to you which gives the impression she has quests available, but it's a bit misleading as nothing shows up in the quest log. Her related quests will actually be triggered via other means, visiting her wont trigger any additional quests I don't think. You can visit her to show her things/talk about stuff though. But yeah, the whole "Geralt I need to talk to you about something" isn't accurate, at least wasn't in my game. I'd visit her and she wouldn't open up any quest lines, not until I triggered other stuff and the quests opened up officially.

Bishop89

They really need to add an option to turn the hud off. Having to disable all those options is very tedious when you want to take a nice screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom