• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Rin

The King is Dead - Long Live the King Quest
decided to leave Yennefer inside Kaer Trolde to play cards with the armorer and blacksmith. She wasn't very amused.

pakkit

Banned
Has this been posted yet?

Found a thread about an XP bug that's been confirmed by CD Projekt, looks to affect all versions. Seems like greyed quests (even main quests) aren't giving xp. May take a break if this is the case. Am playing on Blood and Broken bones and the last thing I want is even less xp...

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/37khps/careful_bug_breaks_xp_rewards_for_quests_in_patch/

Greyed quests aren't supposed to give XP. This bug is specifically regarding quests that are equal or above ones level and still don't offer XP. It's easy to check for. If you complete a quest and get XP...then you don't have the bug.

anddo0

So I reached
fyke isle
, entered the building a saw some
mice
running around. It then struck me that several people in this thread referred to a quest called
A Towerful of Mice

I haven't accepted this quest yet, not even up to that part of the story.
If I continue in this area, do I risk breaking the quest?

Found a thread about an XP bug that's been confirmed by CD Projekt, looks to affect all versions. Seems like greyed quests (even main quests) aren't giving xp. May take a break if this is the case. Am playing on Blood and Broken bones and the last thing I want is even less xp...

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/37khps/careful_bug_breaks_xp_rewards_for_quests_in_patch/

Yeah this happened to me today. PS4 version.

I'm way too obsessed with this game to stop playing because of this bug, though.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
So I reached
fyke isle
mice
running around. I then struck me that several people in this thread referred to a quest called
A Towerful of Mice

I would say absolutely no you won't break it, but I might be wrong anyways.

So I finished the game already and just going through it again for gwent.

I never figured out if you get reduced XP if you over leveled the quest (quest greys out aka stupid WoW shit).

Edit: nm I just read the recent posts

KorrZ

Is it only grey quests that are affected? If so, that's kind of good. I've been avoiding that intentionally since I assumed that would be the case...not as a glitch though. I figured it would be MMO style where you get no XP if you out level something drastically.

Glad I've been making sure to clear out the lowest level quests in my log on the regular.

Following the
creepy flying ghost fetus to find the baron's family
might be the weirdest thing I've ever done in a video game. I couldn't stop laughing at just how odd it was.

Greyed quests aren't supposed to give XP. This bug is specifically regarding quests that are equal or above ones level and still don't offer XP. It's easy to check for. If you complete a quest and get XP...then you don't have the bug.

Ah guess I'm mixed up then, not 100% sure if I received XP for all the quests I've done (still only lvl 8)

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Following the
might be the weirdest thing I've ever done in a video game. I couldn't stop laughing at just how odd it was.

It was very stiff looking. That's what made me feel wierd about it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So I reached
fyke isle
mice
running around. It then struck me that several people in this thread referred to a quest called
A Towerful of Mice

You won't be able to do anything there without a quest item.

Sifl

You should keep playing unless you aren't getting xp. I've just completed a bunch of story quests getting about 1000 for each completion, so it's not happening to everyone.

10 days since the game released, and my screenshot folder is already at 1Gb +.
Can't stop pressing that printscreen button on my gamepad.

Zeliard

Following the

As a big fan of weird fiction I quite love the game's various dalliances with the bizarre.

Wasp

So i found a cave in Velen
and a voice told me to begone.So i entered the cave and a weird being wants me to free it.

I get the feeling that this is a quest you find somehow later so the question is should i reload a save and wait to find the quest or should i just do whatever i decide to do?I mean even if i dont find a quest tied to it i can always come back right?
You can feel free to do this now if you want or leave it until you find it during a story mission.

It's a small part of a much larger story mission. There's no big build up to this bit. The quest is called Ladies of the Wood, by the way.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
As a big fan of weird fiction I quite love the game's various dalliances with the bizarre.
Yeah, I LOVE those sorts of sections. I was under the impression that the Witcher series were very serious business in tone so those things are unexpected and welcome.

Auctopus

I'm going to sound hyperbolic here but I've really thought about this.

I just played one quest (main story) that might've convinced me this the best, most well realised open-world RPG ever made.

usp84

You can feel free to do this now if you want or leave it until you find it during a story mission.

It's a small part of a much larger story mission. There's no big build up to this bit. The quest is called Ladies of the Wood, by the way.

Ok then i will leave this for now. Thanks

CrazyDude

I kinda RP'd differently and just straight up
told the Baron I didn't want to hear his shit, but I kinda wish I got the full story about "why" he beat his wife til she miscarried and all that but I honestly just wasn't having any of it. Although in all honestly I personally would like to have heard/read the whole exchange to make a better call about the Polygon review.

I believe she miscarried not because of his beating but his wife didn't want to have another kid with him and so she made a deal with the crones.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Those who started with Witcher 1 - Team Yen
Started Witcher 2 - Team Triss
Series noobs - Toss up?
New to the series. Going with Yen because (spoilers through early Skellige)
Triss seemed convinced that there was no way it would work between them/made her peace with that and Geralt said Yen also considered Ciri a daughter.
It just seems right with what I gathered about the characters.

On a related note
Will I get to see Triss again. She left with the other mages but it seems like that would be far too early for a major character to disappear. Just want a simple yes or no.

I'm going to sound hyperbolic here but I've really thought about this.

I just played one quest (main story) that might've convinced me this the best, most well realised open-world RPG ever made.

I'm closing in on 100 hours and feel that this is one of the best RPGs I've ever played open-world or otherwise.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Just finished that Bloody Baron questline.... so good. His voice actor sounded familiar.

And man, I've played so much fucking Gwent. It's legit good. I need to find NPCs with better decks and finally finish a 2nd deck.

Triss seemed convinced that there was no way it would work between them/made her peace with that and Geralt said Yen also considered Ciri a daughter.

in regards to your Triss comment
you make it work with her if you choose the right game choices

As to the rest that's from the novels which have a bunch of reasons as to why it works that way.

At the end I thought you can help decide who becomes the ruler. Who is the best option (lesser of multiple evils) or what makes the most logical sense

If you mean for the
islands
then I chose
the lady. She was level headed, smart, and wasn't just another war-obsessed viking

Chariot

Following the
My favorite part was the Baron holding the botchling, it looked so funny how he held him as far away as he could while trying to not let hkm slip.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
in regards to your Triss comment
you make it work with her if you choose the right game choices

As to the rest that's from the novels which have a bunch of reasons as to why it works that way.
I know you can make it work with her. Just seemed like since she was of that mind about it there would be fewer hurt feelings.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When / where can we get a respec potion? I've done all of white orchid

Found my new wallpaper from Reddit:

Wlw9lOu.jpg

It's a fan art. Amazing work.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Are you still in White Orchard? You won't get anything good until you leave there. Once you hit level 8 and start exploring you'll be finding good stuff. I've only used crafted or relic items for the majority of my playtime.
Nope. Just left white orchard.

Simo

Found my new wallpaper from Reddit:

Wlw9lOu.jpg

It's a fan art. Amazing work.

The Witcher FB page posted that too but isn't it legit official works? I saw in Poland stores were giving away that poster with copies of the game and I've wanted a HD version ever since.

Nameless

On a related note
Will I get to see Triss again. She left with the other mages but it seems like that would be far too early for a major character to disappear. Just want a simple yes or no.

I took
Triss's trepidation as her assuming Geralt would naturally flock back to Yen now that his memory had returned, but we made it work anyway.

Still in Skellige myself so I haven't seen her again, but I can't imagine she won't appear later

Just finished that Bloody Baron questline.... so good. His voice actor sounded familiar.

Yeah at first I was half sure Bloody Baron was voiced by Mark Addy(Robert Baratheon).

The Witcher FB page posted that too but isn't it legit official works? I saw in Poland stores were giving away that poster with copies of the game and I've wanted a HD version ever since.

Oh, it's official?
Didn't know that. The original image is in portrait format, and someone made this 1080p wallpaper from that.

Citadel

I took
Triss's trepidation as her assuming Geralt would naturally flock back to Yen now that his memory had returned, but we made it work anyway.

Still in Skellige myself so I haven't seen her again, but I can't imagine she won't appear later

Yeah at first I was half sure Bloody Baron was voiced by Mark Addy(Robert Baratheon).

How many GoT voices are in this game... Tywin, Robert, I swear I heard Sansa's voice during the Baron's quest as
the ghost in the tower
. A lot of influence

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
How many GoT voices are in this game... Tywin, Robert, I swear I heard Sansa's voice during the Baron's quest as
the ghost in the tower
. A lot of influence
I found a quest called A Feast for Crows and Longclaw is a weapon in the game.

Nameless

the ghost in the tower
. A lot of influence

All I know for sure is Charles Dance. Bloody Baron is played by some dude named James Clyde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom