• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Yeah that guy is a dick. I beat him at level 4 on B and BB difficulty, after several tries. Tips:

1. Get the upgraded Serpent Silver Sword.
2. Get the Cursed Oil, and use it.
3. Use Igni.
4. Use your thunder potions.
5. You really need to keep up on the attack. Run around and get rid of the wolves first, then focus on the werewolf. Just buff yourself as much as you possibly can, keep up the attack, and with luck you should be able to outpace his healing.
6. Get Dancing Star bombs and watch the werewolf cry in agony. The burn will delay the healing

Certinty

How do you beat this goddamn fucking werewolf? I get some damage and all he does is heal himself like crazy and my health takes forfuckingever to regen consuming shit.

So fucking sick of these enemies that can kill you in two fucking hits.
That fucking werewolf made me turn the difficulty down to the lowest setting.

Now I'm finding the game ridiculously easy but can't be bothered to put it back up because I've got into the habit of just button mashing more or less during fights.

Fuck that werewolf.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
How do you beat this goddamn fucking werewolf? I get some damage and all he does is heal himself like crazy and my health takes forfuckingever to regen consuming shit.

So fucking sick of these enemies that can kill you in two fucking hits.

A Devil's Puffball will offset that regen. Or another bomb stops it, silver maybe? It can be stopped more than one way, anyhow

The character models in this game are so good...
18209880901_8297008603_o.jpg
18205031412_28607ca803_o.jpg

I'm very impressed by how vast Skellige is, I thought it wouldn't be as substantial as Velen, but they've done a hell of a job - what an atmospheric piece of worldbuilding, so beautiful as well and it feels more fully realised than the other areas of the game, could almost be the setting for an entire game itself. I love that each of the major islands feel so unique from one another, not only in terms of the landscape, but with the clans, their histories and cultural identities. Plus, the smaller chains of islands have quite a bit to explore on them as well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Are there any upgraded versions of Wolf or Serpent armor later in the game. I liked those designs but I only hear talk of Bear, Cat, and Griffin.

meppi

Yeah that guy is a dick. I beat him at level 4 on B and BB difficulty, after several tries. Tips:

1. Get the upgraded Serpent Silver Sword.
2. Get the Cursed Oil, and use it.
3. Use Igni.
4. Use your thunder potions.
5. You really need to keep up on the attack. Run around and get rid of the wolves first, then focus on the werewolf. Just buff yourself as much as you possibly can, keep up the attack, and with luck you should be able to outpace his healing. You only need to get him to 1/4 health... then
let him kill the girl. If you don't, you have to fight a super version of him that's fast and will definitely kill you.

Eum, no you don't. At least I didn't.
I let him kill the girl and walked outside, then he followed me and begged me to kill him as well. Didn't have to do a thing actually as it was done in a cutscene.
No super werewolf to be seen...

I need a little help with the Family Matters questline. Don't spoil anything for me please.

I have talked to the Baron after finding his daughter in that city. Now the quest tells me to find his wife, but I am not getting any yellow markers telling me where to go. What do I do ?

diamount

Banned
Are there any upgraded versions of Wolf or Serpent armor later in the game. I liked those designs but I only hear talk of Bear, Cat, and Griffin.

Not after the initial upgrades.

I need a little help with the Family Matters questline. Don't spoil anything for me please.

I have talked to the Baron after finding his daughter in that city. Now the quest tells me to find his wife, but I am not getting any yellow markers telling me where to go. What do I do ?

Continue with the main story quests relating to the crones of crookbag bog.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Continue with the other branch of the main quest in Velen.

Not after the initial upgrades.
Damn. Figured as much.

You should
start the other main quest in Velen

There is a book called The Lady of the Wood that gives a hint as to what the spirit in the tree is. If you don't free her, you can join the baron in an expedition to free his wife from the bog. And the swamp orphans are eaten by the crones.

I still got to do the expedition quest. The Baron's wife had been changed into a monster that looked a lot like a water hag. We managed to turn her back but she died right afterward. Then Tamara left with the Eternal Flame guys and the Baron went back to Crow's Perch and hung himself.

I guess the children were saved in my game, I never really saw proof of it though.

Chariot

I let him kill the girl and walked outside, then he followed me and begged me to kill him as well. Didn't have to do a thing actually as it was done in a cutscene.
You should read again what Marshmallow wrote.

tuxfool

Banned
I'm very impressed by how vast Skellige is, I thought it wouldn't be as substantial as Velen, but they've done a hell of a job - what an atmospheric piece of worldbuilding, so beautiful as well and it feels more fully realised than the other areas of the game, could almost be the setting for an entire game itself. I love that each of the major islands feel so unique from one another, not only in terms of the landscape, but with the clans, their histories and cultural identities. Plus, the smaller chains of islands have quite a bit to explore on them as well.

I get the feeling that Skellige was the first area they implemented in the game. From what I remember the earliest demos given to the press were from a
Leshen
sidequest on Skellige.

Yeah that's what I meant. If you
let him kill the girl, then you don't have to fight him again. He lets you kill him with one blow.

kmg90

So I'm not the only one that happened to lol

only one guy died though when I went through that

That makes me even more unsure of whether or not it was scripted to happen what is the odd part out, the drowners or the bandits.

What platform? I'm on PS4 1.03

What makes the most sense for an ending for Ciri?
Can she really be a successful Witcher or should she focus on politics--has she ever shown interests in that

Wasp

The amount of content in this game is insane, and it's all extremely polished and of high quality too. In that sense it reminds me of GTA V and Red Dead Redemption. I would say The Witcher 3 is to WRPGs what GTA V is to sandbox games.

Also what I really appreciate is that it's a really outdoorsy game. You very rarely go indoors into a cave or dungeon, that vast majority of quests take place entirely outside. I much prefer this to Bethesda's RPGs where they create a vast world then make you spend almost every quest and at least 50% of your playtime inside repetitive and badly designed dungeons that might as well be randomly generated.

The fetch or kill quests are really well disguised too. Each side mission has a great story to it with interesting characters which makes you care about fetching the item or killing the enemy. Even the Contract missions have amazing stories to them. Any other game would just be like go to place A and kill monster 1 then return for reward.

usp84

So i found a cave in Velen
and a voice told me to begone.So i entered the cave and a weird being wants me to free it.

I get the feeling that this is a quest you find somehow later so the question is should i reload a save and wait to find the quest or should i just do whatever i decide to do?I mean even if i dont find a quest tied to it i can always come back right?

RedSwirl

I gotta admit hair-down Geralt looks much better in this game than in TW1. I think it's because his hair is now swept behind his ears.

Lazyslob

Banned
is there a quest or has anyone come across a
whale? there is a dead one in a mission but other than that nothing. i remember they said that there would be whales in this game or some shit. guess they had to take it out

TheMax

Neo Member
is there a quest or has anyone come across a
whale? there is a dead one in a mission but other than that nothing. i remember they said that there would be whales in this game or some shit. guess they had to take it out

actually i saw one during a boat ride in skellige

KorrZ

I waste so much damn time enjoying the view in this game.

vJ4E0iJ.gif

I play this game like I'm a fucking E3 demo presenter lmao. Walking slowly, panning the camera around all over the place. I have to laugh at myself a bit when I catch myself doing it.

Sober

Spoilers for the "Family Matters" quest-line (including related quests)
Man, the guy was a piece of shit but it was rough seeing the Bloody Baron hanging after his wife died.

I don't think I've ever felt worse about a decision I've made in a game. Do you know more about the tree spirit thing if you've read the books or played the previous games? It seemed pretty shady, but the Crones are clearly evil. I also want back to the swamp to verify that the kids were gone, and they were, so letting the druid spirit thing live seemed like the better choice. But nope, a whole village dead and the Baron kills himself. I had no clue anything like that would happen. What happens if you kill the tree druid?

That whole story was pretty great, and this game is just incredible. I just visited the Pellar to make some new potions and it was crazy to think that I met this character because he had a bit role in the Baron's story, but then the pellar also turned out to have his own backstory and quest line, and all of these characters just exist in the world. Similarly, I happened to randomly come across the area where you fight the werewolf as Ciri and it was such a cool moment to be able to track the movements of this character I'm chasing after. Maybe other games have done similar things, but the sense of place in this game is amazing.

The guy is always a clown, but after completing the Bloody Baron's story, Arthur Gies' complaints about the character seem really stupid. The guy had a rough life as a soldier, was in a dysfunctional relationship, and in the end regretted his actions and wanted to make amends. That doesn't excuse his actions, but to see that whole story and have your whole take-away to be "This game is misogynist!" is ridiculous.

Anyway, that quest was great. I've almost done every side quest available to me that not way over my level, about to move onto the Novigrad story mission, hope it's as good.
I kinda RP'd differently and just straight up
told the Baron I didn't want to hear his shit, but I kinda wish I got the full story about "why" he beat his wife til she miscarried and all that but I honestly just wasn't having any of it. Although in all honestly I personally would like to have heard/read the whole exchange to make a better call about the Polygon review.

Well...every POI and side activity done in White Orchard now...I guess it's finally time to continue on with the story

I've honestly had more fun just doing this Prologue area than I have had in a lot of full games recently

Has this been posted yet?

Found a thread about an XP bug that's been confirmed by CD Projekt, looks to affect all versions. Seems like greyed quests (even main quests) aren't giving xp. May take a break if this is the case. Am playing on Blood and Broken bones and the last thing I want is even less xp...

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/37khps/careful_bug_breaks_xp_rewards_for_quests_in_patch/

Here's CD Projekt's acknowledgement of the glitch. I've experienced it myself. It's not just on PS4, it's on PC and likely Xbox One too.
I strongly advise you not to play until a patch for it comes out. If you do, pay a lot of attention to whether you're receiving XP rewards for quest progression, and save manually all the time. According to the link above, a fix is in the works. works.

Flipyap

I feel like I'm going to catch an accent by time I finish this game.
I wish I could say the same. I'm playing the game in Polish and they haven't even tried to give anyone a regional accent, even in conversations ABOUT their strong accents.

Something that Bioware has CDPR beaten in is interactions with characters. In Bioware titles you can usually do all of this shit and have all of these new conversations with companions and love interests while in here they are very specific to a few quests.
What I like about the way BioWare handles relationships (past the "bother them enough to trigger a relationship" phase) is that even though the end result is about as binary, they allow you to specify your character's motivations. Your character can be in love, they can be horny, or they can simply care about someone and not necessarily feel like having sex right now.
Here, I felt like I was forced to choose between two lies to avoid getting locked out of my preferred outcome, and that sucks.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Someone said earlier that there is a mod that maps the XB1 guide button to quicksave on PC. Anyone know where that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom