• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PS4 framerate test after latest patch

I knew this was possible and everyone arguing that the 20fps lock was because of PS4s underpowered hardware was wrong. You don't LOCK to 20 if the hardware isn't good enough. A lock means wasted performance if it's this low.

Now to finish downloading the 15 GB

hydruxo

Yeah I played for about an hour last night on PS4 and hopped around between the bogs, Novigrad, and Skellige and the framerate was pretty damn solid. A very noticeable difference. Gotta give CDPR props for continuing to work on it and tune it up.

Mr Moose

God, the way you whine about CDP is almost as if they killed your dog or something. If you aren't aware, this patch is also supposed to fix the water ripples and shaders that NXGamer claimed were missing. So, there goes that "below low presets" crap. Yes, textures should be on Ultra since even 2GB cards can do it, but cut them some slack, will ya? This is CDP's first game on PlayStation. Did you expect magic out of them or something?

When did they go missing? It's been a while since I played it, they were there when I last checked (if the fire or whatever spell thing is what you are talking about).
(1.04) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RKBx85WCEE

Updating now, I'll check if it's changed any.

Javin98

Banned
When did they go missing? It's been a while since I played it, they were there when I last checked (if the fire or whatever spell thing is what you are talking about).
(1.04) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RKBx85WCEE

Updating now, I'll check if it's changed any.
I'm not too sure myself, actually. I only heard of it from NXGamer's analysis, but no one else has mentioned it. IIRC, on consoles, casting some spell on the water produces no ripples while it does on PC even with water set to low. I think NXGamer also said water shaders looked slightly worse than even the low setting on PC. Hence thelastword's "below low preset" whining. I don't know if it's been fixed. It was never mentioned again anywhere else. The 1.10 patch notes does mentioned fixing water ripples, though.

nib95

Banned
Finally! Might have to go back to it now, though with MGSV, Arkham Knight, Uncharted Collection, Tomb Raider, Halo 5, DriveClub, Tearaway Unfolded and a bunch of other games that I'll need to get through, it might be tough lol.

FranXico

Finally! Might have to go back to it now, though with MGSV, Arkham Knight, Uncharted Collection, Tomb Raider, Halo 5, DriveClub, Tearaway Unfolded and a bunch of other games that I'll need to get through, it might be tough lol.

Too many games this gen. Don't understand why do some people complain.

Javin98

Banned
Can you explain why the textures should be on ultra?
I already wrote in that post that cards with only 2GB of VRAM can handle ultra textures, so why not consoles which have 8GB, more so the PS4, which is using GDDR5. Besides, I'm not the one whining about it. I'm more than satisfied with what CDP achieved visually on consoles and as of this patch, performance.

Hazanko

Banned
As someone who shelved this game and hated the performance, it's much better now. I had to rush to Novigrad cause had to start over and it seems (so far) that it runs quite well. Still some issues with streaming textures in some places but they load fast but wish it were faster. It seems a little buggy in getting the X icon on things again. Maybe because the controls still suck and he doesn't stop when you want but i'm sure it was better in a previous patch.

i really want to play it but my PC is too slow and the PS4 version always looked unplayable to someone with high standards. hope this makes it better.

ironcreed

Banned
i really want to play it but my PC is too slow and the PS4 version always looked unplayable to someone with high standards. hope this makes it better.

The game has been plenty playable on PS4. Of course, I don't go ape shit every time a few frames dip, either.

Loudninja

I will later on. Of course, the game was already playable for me on PS4, with only occasional stutter in certain spots. Mainly in Novigrad and towards the end of the game.
I only notice stuff like this when it gets really bad.

I didnt play much of the game yet so I am excited to start playing.

Top Bottom