• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wokest 007 Ever

Nymphae

Banned

James Bond gets an electric Aston Martin and a wife who refuses to take his second name in new Time To Die movie

Interesting misname of the movie. Time to Die indeed old friend.

Earlier this year, this newspaper revealed that Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge had been brought in as a scriptwriter to ensure the blockbuster was appropriate for the #MeToo era.

I expect no less in my unabashed male fantasy movies.

The script has Bond marrying Dr Madeleine Swann – the psychologist played by French actress Lea Seydoux who first appeared in 2015's Spectre. But she refuses to take her new husband's name.

The morning after their wedding, Bond wakes sleepy-eyed and says 'Good morning, Mrs Bond', to which she replies: 'Don't you mean Ms Swann?'

bd02597de23b00b56f02ced754745824.jpg

A source said: 'The phrase 'Bond girl' was outlawed from the set. The women in this film are all strong, brave and fiercely independent. These women are not helpless girls who jump into bed with Bond – their reactions are very different from what people might think.

'Bond tries his usual seduction techniques but they fail miserably. It's very funny.'

HAHAHA. Now this is starting to sound like a male fantasy movie again. Bond being rejected by women is a fresh new take I'm super excited.

Ms Lynch, 31, said of her double-O role: 'Everyone was really responsive to having her be what I wanted. You're given a fresh perspective on a brand-new black woman in the Bond world.'

She was determined her character should be a 'real' woman 'who has issues with her weight and maybe questions what's going on with her boyfriend'.

Fascinating stuff for this male fantasy film.

She even discussed something which has never made it into a Bond film before: 'We had one conversation about her maybe being on her period in one scene and… throwing her tampon [into the bin].'

jJmiG2h.gif

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
The movie will be fine, they just want you to have maximum outrage about it. They want you to feel like the world is ending because bond got rejected once.

Did you read the line about them having a conversation about tossing a tampon into a bin onscreen? I'm sure the movie will end up being watchable, but this shit is ridiculous and has no place in a Bond movie.

Last edited:
She even discussed something which has never made it into a Bond film before: 'We had one conversation about her maybe being on her period in one scene and… throwing her tampon [into the bin].'

I'm all for being an adult about menstration, but for crying out load, it's still disgusting bodily waste no one in their right mind or without a really fucked up fetish wants to see up on the big screen.

I mean is this going to be preceded by a scene of her squeezing out a massive turd, with the camera panning down to show us her shit and toilet paper being flushed away too? Because hey, why not be even braver and make sure all gross biological functions are 'normalized', right?

Also, this just sounds like it's being made by people who hate James Bond for an audience that has no interest in seeing these kind of movies. Really hope it bombs.

Did you read t he line about them having a conversation about tossing a tampon into a bin onscreen?

Oh the horror?

Bond is still gonna get some pussy. I remember reading a thread where you guys were soooooooooo outraged and worried about a female black bond taking over, and yet look what happened. Stop using narrative driven sources.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
Who'd have thought James Bond got assassinated during an episode of the View by a black woman on her period.

xandaca

If true, the 'Don't you mean Ms Swann' line isn't just awful for the usual confusion of being obnoxious with being 'independent', but is also completely witless. If they wanted to go that way, they could at least have had her respond to 'Good morning, Mrs Bond' by saying 'Good morning, Mr Swann'. At least there's a joke and a bit of playfulness there, even if it's still forced. The line as quoted just reads like she's bitter at having married him.

lock2k

Banned

Interesting misname of the movie. Time to Die indeed old friend.

I expect no less in my unabashed male fantasy movies.

bd02597de23b00b56f02ced754745824.jpg

HAHAHA. Now this is starting to sound like a male fantasy movie again. Bond being rejected by women is a fresh new take I'm super excited.

Fascinating stuff for this male fantasy film.

jJmiG2h.gif

More like James Bomb.

It's Jeff

Banned
There's... something in this idea that could work. Like if the theme of the movie is that the world is moving on and there's not a need for a James Bond any more, I can see it. It's brilliant if they do.

It won't, though. This has the stink of lol men all over it.

I will say this, whats wrong with an electric car though, other than it being a shitty Aston Martin. A Plaid mode Model S smokes every production sports car on the market.
I don't think an electric car in isolation would be a problem, it's the fact that because everything else is done purely for woke points, it comes across as further ideologically driven propaganda rather than being included because it's a cool bit of tech.

I mean quite honestly an electric car is a bit safe and boring by Bond's standards anyway. That tech is nothing new or exciting. If they were really looking to do something truly 'Bond car' cool, they should have had him driving some prototype hydrogen fuel cell supercar or such like.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Everyone needs to learn that the only way to win Clownworld, is not to play.

If you really, at this point, expect a cult mono-ideological propoganda factory like Hollywood to pump out agenda-free stories to enjoy, you haven't been paying attention.

Go back to the classics, especially books. Support and enjoy free speech sites like this one. Watch great YouTubers that do none of this crap. Play agenda-free videogames.

Or better yet, invest some of that time paid into entertainment, into productive, enriching things, that will improve your life.

Then, stuff like this just becomes funny.

Last edited:

Breakage

This woman is one of the script co-writers:

From the article:

Fleabag tackled taboos we didn’t even know existed. In one scene, she masturbates to a video of Barack Obama giving a speech, as her boyfriend lies asleep next to her in bed. Waller-Bridge believes this is the scene that has most resonated with women. “I was walking through Soho a few weeks ago and a woman was walking past me, and she then kind of recognised me and went, ‘Girl girl girl! You’re Fleabag! You wank to Obama! I hear you, I hear you!’ That’s the scene most women talk to me about.” Has she ever used Obama for inspiration? “Have I ever wanked off to Obama?” She laughs. “I’m going to keep that to myself.”

She was determined her character should be a 'real' woman

I'm surprised this part hasn't caught some REEEs yet. Perhaps the next sequel is already lined up and going to be about Bond transitioning into Ms Juliet Bond, telling his wife how arduous his new life now is compared to that cisgendered selfish bitch who couldn't possibly understand.

Top Bottom